- - - - -

Corruption In Arcades

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#41 Guest_Tommy c_*

Guest_Tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 September 2011 - 03:03 PM

Every arcade has there favourites,it's because that said person will be a regular spending all their dosh everyday.If said person stopped spending as much and didn't go in so often they would be treated the same as anyone else.

#42 jamesy4

jamesy4

• Regulars
  • 620 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 11:16 PM

I see that most the time when someone is not reserving a machine and no one playing it a staff will be close by and when you go to play it they'll say "it's out of order and not working" so you go play another machine and then you see someone else go to the machine and play it and you're like 'Hmm' then you go over and say "that is supposed to be out of order" and they go "oh no, i was just getting some money" and i'm like "yeahh right" and walk away...

TqxKl7c.png

:) Fruit-Emu The Number 1 Download Site For Fruit Machines!! :)

#43 WyldVixen

WyldVixen

• New Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 12:09 AM

BOO f*****g HOO. I am one of them players you get treated like that, Its all about sorting the staff out. Dont go in and just expect that treatment. That treatment is earned just like anything in this life. Its earned, no stop f*****g moaning all the f*****g time dick heads

#44 dannypyeman

dannypyeman

number one

• Banned
  • 159 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 12:53 AM

I see that most the time when someone is not reserving a machine and no one playing it a staff will be close by and when you go to play it they'll say "it's out of order and not working" so you go play another machine and then you see someone else go to the machine and play it and you're like 'Hmm' then you go over and say "that is supposed to be out of order" and they go "oh no, i was just getting some money" and i'm like "yeahh right" and walk away...

ive had similar experiences like that, but where i also find myself having to nip to the cash machine myself, i always leave a few credits flashing which is a more sensible thing to do. if people walk out then that machine SHOULD be available for the next person to play reguardless of how much they put in, unless they leave credits flashing with a chair pulled up in front. saying its "out of order" when it isnt is just misleading.

#45 jamesy4

jamesy4

• Regulars
  • 620 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 01:00 AM

ive had similar experiences like that, but where i also find myself having to nip to the cash machine myself, i always leave a few credits flashing which is a more sensible thing to do. if people walk out then that machine SHOULD be available for the next person to play reguardless of how much they put in, unless they leave credits flashing with a chair pulled up in front. saying its "out of order" when it isnt is just misleading.

We have that in my local arcade called 'Mr.Rigbys' this woman plays Party Time number 1 and 2 and then puts the notice 'Out Of Order' on the machine which only gives her 10 minutes to do what she needs to do e.g. have a quick fag, nip to cash machine etc etc but she doesn't she is always 30 minutes to an hour so i keep asking the owner and they say i can't go on it although it's been 10 minutes and they said that the lady is playing on them and there isn't even any credits in them when i tell her to look and she goes, oh well, just leave them for her, she'll go mad otherwise if anyone plays on them when she has put over £40+ in them....and i'm like yeah w.e. talk about favourtism.

TqxKl7c.png

:) Fruit-Emu The Number 1 Download Site For Fruit Machines!! :)

#46 Rally

Rally

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 02:42 AM

So thats what was happening when I was younger and worked in a change kiosk and the manager would say the machine is out of order after some idiot dumped £100 in the machine only to return 4hrs later and start playing he game again. Didnt know this could be done, surely under the gambling licence this is wrong? and is being elitist to that one player and unfair to the majority of individuals that just like a punt.

PS: The woman only went onto win around £20 back after putting in about another 8 quid and walked away... Surely it would have been better to keep the machine in operation and made the owner of the arcade a bigger profit?

#47 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 28 September 2011 - 07:36 AM

To wyld vixens comments above Nah it,s called favourtism and i expect you,re a favourite dumpin £100,s a week into there cash boxes i,m a gambler but the gambler never wins in the end so goodluck with your addiction may arcades across the country save machines for you to fill up as for staff a majority of them are doing what the boss tells em to,to keep there job and also as for the attitude on your post we,ve all seen it before many times Happy Gambling may i wish you luck you,re need it with your attitude

Edited by vectra666, 28 September 2011 - 07:40 AM.

The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#48 Guest_Tommy c_*

Guest_Tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 September 2011 - 07:41 AM

BOO f*****g HOO. I am one of them players you get treated like that, Its all about sorting the staff out. Dont go in and just expect that treatment. That treatment is earned just like anything in this life. Its earned, no stop f*****g moaning all the f*****g time dick heads

See my comment in the ebay thread for my suggestions on your attitude ;)

#49 todd1970

todd1970

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 6818 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 09:56 AM

If you walked into a Knobless or whatever..and started playing a machine..would one of the staff come over and say..'listen dont bother with this..its just paid out over a ton'..would they fk.

Yet they would do it if you were a well known face..ie some saddo thats in the place 24/7( i know them ive seen them) ..

I rest my case...
Mmmmmm...Sandy ive 'ad her ye know. :)

#50 jim2311

jim2311

Genius

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 11:48 AM

You're moaning about people moaning.
Some folk are just too thick to see the stupidity of their own post. Plus stop having such a low self esteem by referring to yourself as a moaning dick head. Granted, it is probably true, but keep taking your medication and life won't look so sad for you.

#51 dannypyeman

dannypyeman

number one

• Banned
  • 159 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 02:10 PM

you need to remember that the "dick heads" on here are the ones that are keeping all the classic machines alive for the likes of yourself to play. So while your taking other peoples work to sell on ebay to make your 41 pence profit all i can say is i hope its enough to meet the bus fare required to take you to the job centre to sign on, before an afternoon visit to shitleys (shipleys) where you plough your fortnights dole into player 2 of bullion bars.

#52 superbank

superbank

Antagonist

• Gold Supporters
  • 567 posts

Donator

Posted 30 September 2011 - 06:38 PM

BOO f*****g HOO. I am one of them players you get treated like that, Its all about sorting the staff out.

Lol yeah by dumping all you money in their machines! Prick!

#53 todd1970

todd1970

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 6818 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 06:45 PM

Lol yeah by dumping all you money in their machines! Prick!

Yeah..have you noticed that..the 'favouritism' and the 'prefferential treatment' that these players get are the saddo's that spend their whole life in there.

Yes i am a gambling addict on the machines as well..but i dont put every single penny i own in them like 'a certain person' on here.

#54 wullieboy36

wullieboy36

• Regulars
  • 46 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 09:17 PM

its amazing how a post can get so heated n steer of the point of wat the post is all abt lol. a maself play the machines but a know jst how far 2 go like todd says a dnt put all ma cash into them ether .n a think the guys that make the emus on here gi us puggie players somthin bk n some appreciation is wat thes guys shuold b gettin 4 all ther hard work vixen .eany wayz another thing some arcade staff do is turn a blind eye 2 folk playin a machin puttin a machin in play card on it n then goin 2 another machine n then doin the same ie hoggin 3 2 4 machines . n wene u try 2 do the same 1 o the staff comes up n says u can onley play 1 at a time or play the 1ns nxt 2 the machine mmm bt its ok 4 certin people 2 play 1 n put a card on n then go 2 the other side o the arcade n play another n the staff say nothin 2 them n wene u say 2 the staff abt certin 1ns doin the same as wat uv bn chinned 4 they jst say aye but they spend more than u n there rgulers not very fair a say the rules should b the same 4 all. regulers or no.

#55 CrAzYbAr

CrAzYbAr

Japan bound

• Gold Supporters
  • 2640 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 09:18 PM

If I ran an arcade, you could come in and dump thousands upon thousands in! And at the end, you might want favouritism? Tough. You lose. Good day sir! It's no proud matter at all being in the staff's pocket...I've been in arcades for the first time and I've had good treatment and drinks sometimes, but that's how it should be for every customer. The only thing you should be able to gain from being in there ages is the ability to make small talk with staff easier.

This is a site for EMULATION purposes of older machines. Not playing strategies.
If you are more interested in playing modern machines,
visit Jackpottyforums

(DOND is around now on this site..... How long was this sig out of date...!)

#56 todd1970

todd1970

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 6818 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 09:29 PM

If I ran an arcade, you could come in and dump thousands upon thousands in! And at the end, you might want favouritism? Tough. You lose. Good day sir! It's no proud matter at all being in the staff's pocket...I've been in arcades for the first time and I've had good treatment and drinks sometimes, but that's how it should be for every customer. The only thing you should be able to gain from being in there ages is the ability to make small talk with staff easier.

Exactly CB..dont get me wrong i have been treated nicely by staff walking into an arcade for the first time (i know they are just following protocol) .. but to be asked if you want tea or coffee or a drink is good.

Do you think staff ever accept cuts of players winnings to 'keep them onside' ? Ive never seen this happen and i know it would be an instant sacking..but surely it must go on.

#57 jim2311

jim2311

Genius

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 11:08 PM

Regular customers will always find favour with management and staff, be it an amusement arcade or a butchers.
You're not going to alienate and possibly lose a customer with whom you are on first name terms, and who spends, spends, spends, over someone you may never see again. It's only human nature.
I have never been an arcade user, except the odd few quid when in Blackpool, but watching the players in my local club over the years I've realised that folk have their own beliefs and superstitions when playing machines. Such as not liking people watching them because it's a jinks, Button Bashers, who think the harder they strike has some bearing on the outcome. I knew someone who constantly switched the machine off and on, in the belief that it would payout after resetting. Then there are those who are convinced that if it's not paying out leave it for 10 minutes without anyone playing it and then it will pay out.

Now it may be that last illogical reasoning that makes arcade players cover a machine with the intention of playing again after it has been lonely for 10 minutes. What I'm suggesting is the gamer who has covered the machine, and is playing other machines must have some reason, and if that reason is a misguided belief that it will be in a happier mode when they return, then they are probably also wearing the "Lucky Knickers" that they had on when they last had a big win.

Then again they may have watched someone lose heavily on a machine and have switched thinking it's due to drop a JPs.

Personally I think it's wrong, and it should only be permitted while the gamer is on a nature break or obtaining more cash to lose, but like I said, I'm not an arcade user so I'm not familiar with the "Unwritten Rules"

#58 mc_christopher

mc_christopher

• New Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 07:39 AM

I go to a Shipleys when I'm around the area it's in to play one machine that you don't find in pubs any more. If I went in and there was an out of order sign, I'd ask why, if the reply was it's reserved for someone I'd take it off and play anyway. They could kick me out but I'd just find the machine in another arcade. I don't think it's right, in my local boozer I get somewhat preferencial treatment, I get served first at a busy bar, I can stay past closing to finish my drinks etc... But I'd never even dream of asking the bar staff to turn a machine off I'd been playing and losing on, hoping it'd start paying out in a few hours/ next day.

#59 mrg196941

mrg196941

• New Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 12:29 PM

I see people i know that play more than 1 machine and piss people off & them that keep watching 2 see how much ur putting in and winning or losing .I just tell them 2 p!!s off .

#60 todd1970

todd1970

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 6818 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:44 AM

I think im banned from my local arcade lol , went in the other day just in passing ... had about £7 in smash on me i didnt intend taking any more money out .. so it was a quickie .. ye never know your luck type thing.

Walked in and went up to play Party Time 10p/£5 about the only half decent machine in there .... theres a woman playing all 3 of them at once ... i seen red ... cos that pissed me off...

Just stood there staring at her...she turns round and i goes..."what the f*** man...how come your allowed to hog all 3 of them machines at the same time , no-one else can get a f***in look in" 

The change wummin comes up to me ... " Is there a problem here " ? .. " Aye man , ill tell ye what the f***in problem is..all the f***in saddos that are never out of here get priority treatment over the rest of us" 

"Is it fair that just cos shes a regular player .. ie : in here 24/7 shes allowed to keep machines ... hog them .. whatever , and dont tell me it dosent go on..ive been in here a few times and its always the same" 

"To me thats blatent corruption and favourtisim , the "average joe" ie : me , cant get a look in because of it " , "I'll be sending an e-mail to your head office as well..its fkin ridiculous" 

"Sir , im going to have to ask you to leave now please .. or ill call the police "  ... "WTF ,, aye ok hen .... whatever , im away anyway .. this place is a fkin dive anyway" 

So , i dont think ill be very welcome back there for a good while , lmao ... couldnt give a toss anyway...its a shitehole.   :) 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users