• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Scorpio

Scorpio

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • 94 posts

Posted 01 May 2004 - 10:29 PM

Well, im onto the next, this will be my third, and again a barcrest Machine of the same Era as Place your Bets, And another favourite freind of mine and also a foe at Times.

Barcrests - Jewel In The Crown in 1280 and WILL be a WDX.

The picture is just showing the WIP from the earliest stages, as when i read WIPS, i like to see from start to finish, so im adopting this aproach, as many people who dont have a go at layouts, might be interested to know the stages.

Anyway, gonna press on with it. Got a few lines to get rid off.

Scorpz

Attached Files

#2 buzzin_nutta

buzzin_nutta

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 328 posts

Posted 02 May 2004 - 09:18 AM

Nice... cant wait for this one... I still play that £8 one in my local..

I apologise for my awful username and previous posts from 13 years ago. I was a misguided chav.

#3 Scorpio

Scorpio

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • 94 posts

Posted 02 May 2004 - 11:11 PM

Well all the lines are removed and the creased flyer all tidyed up. Ready for buttons, reel area and side art. Hardest thing seems to be the cabs, even on the original flyer they seem like they never have rulers or strightlines.

Looking quite good to say the flyer was grainy. Will keep yaz informed of the next stage.

Scorpz

Attached Files

#4 Scorpio

Scorpio

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • 94 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 07:49 AM

Right, i did a bit more yesturday, i added some realism to the machine. Ive skewed the Bottom glass to give it some Perspective. Also added a Token Meter in the void at the top.. Added the buttons, which were heavily creased from the flyer, ive tidyed them up. Cleaned the Reel areas, tidyed the coin mech and added the usual £1 50p 20p 10p label on it.

Next is the side art. Coming along well. Will see what i can get done over the next few days.

PS, i need a bit of feedback about the reel area, theres a black line going arround the left and top of each reel area, i was going to leave this on, as i think it makes the reel look deeper, and not stuck on the glass. What do you think guys ???

Cheers

Scorpz

Attached Files

#5 buzzin_nutta

buzzin_nutta

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 328 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 07:59 AM

Leave the reels mate! looks good like that.

Just hurry and get it released... I love that machine! :)

Lookin good so far

I apologise for my awful username and previous posts from 13 years ago. I was a misguided chav.

#6 RB

RB

PISH Artist

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3342 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 12:35 PM

Leave the reels...it adds a little depth... ;)
Cyberpunk:- alienated loner who lives on the edge of society in generally dystopic future where daily life is impacted by rapid technological change, an ubiquitous datasphere of computerized information, and invasive modification of the human body.....Hmmmmm

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#7 Scorpio

Scorpio

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • 94 posts

Posted 15 May 2004 - 10:21 PM

Well ive been busy the last couple of weeks and havent spent much time on this, but today i cracked open a few beers and did some work on the side art.

Ive totally redrawn the Background, and had to redraw som of the hexagon with the king in, also the title has been painfully cut out and put ontop of the background, still some work to do on the machine itself yet.

Not sure wether to leave the Button Shorcuts off this one, no sure where i would put them, not sure yet.

Well gonna see how much time i have to finish this off, as im off to Greece in a week.

Will keep ya posted.

Scorpz

Attached Files

#8 SAS

SAS

Advanced Member

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 15 May 2004 - 10:31 PM

LOOKING NICE M8 !!! LOOKING FORWARD TO THE RELEASE 8)

#9 eyleyro

eyleyro

fur face

• New Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 15 May 2004 - 11:50 PM

<dribble>

Looking foward to this one too....

#10 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 16 May 2004 - 08:59 AM

Excellent work Scorpio!

With a release that good it probably won't be worth me releasing the version I was working on :)

Well, the version I started before I gave FME up for exams - Lets hope that someone decides to release Big Brother and Frenzy before I get back on June 15th ish :D

Looking forward to playing this if I get the chance before then!

BarcrestBenito
Ben

Hopefully recovering from years of compulsive gambling and wanting to be gamble free forever.

Recommended reading - http://www.gamblersaloud.com/ (yes, I bought the book, very happy with it!)

#11 Scorpio

Scorpio

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • 94 posts

Posted 17 May 2004 - 11:49 PM

Right heres probably the last WIP shot, before release (Hurray i here you say)

Ive added the Detaisl to each trail (Which i intended to do, as the original DX lacked these) and boy this was probably the hardest bit, to make them elegible. Anyway there still readable when lit (Picture below is too small to read them)

Its now 98% lamped, and i have gone for a more realistic lamping effect which i have experimented with and will probably use from now on.

Side art is complete, i will finish off the lamping and start on the Building of the layout, also got to find a few missing lamps which are missing from the original DX.

I feel im getting to grips with doing the layouts, and as this is my 3rd Release / DX, i am finding it a more smooth process. Although, beating my last layouts is hard, but that is my aim.

Anyway heres the screeny, and it should be released this week time permitting.

Scorpz

Attached Files

#12 jayroller

jayroller

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 213 posts

Posted 18 May 2004 - 07:43 AM

wow that is looking great

cant wait to say it working and to play it!!

Are you planning any more??

#13 Scorpio

Scorpio

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • 94 posts

Posted 18 May 2004 - 08:36 AM

Yeh, but not sure what to do next, im looking at sprucing up old layouts which need are in need of improvement.

Iwas thinking of doing crystal maz but the flyer is bad quality, so unless someone has a good flyer then i might leave that.

Scorpz

#14 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 18 May 2004 - 11:22 AM

Yeh, but not sure what to do next, im looking at sprucing up old layouts which need are in need of improvement.

Iwas thinking of doing crystal maz but the flyer is bad quality, so unless someone has a good flyer then i might leave that.

Scorpz

Crystal Maze? But I did Crystal Maze! :p

Feel free to have a shot, I honestly thought the Crystal Maze flyer was better than the Jewel in the Crown one!

How about Crystal Dome? I'm not aware of a decent WDX of that yet, although the flyer, as with CM, is pretty bad.

Anyway, feel free to do Crystal Maze, but if you do one, I'll release a better one when I get back to designing in just under 1 month :D

BarcrestBenito
Ben

Hopefully recovering from years of compulsive gambling and wanting to be gamble free forever.

Recommended reading - http://www.gamblersaloud.com/ (yes, I bought the book, very happy with it!)

#15 Scorpio

Scorpio

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • 94 posts

Posted 18 May 2004 - 11:58 AM

MM, not sure if ive seen your Attempt BB, dont think ive got it here, maybe it will be includedin the next DAT file. As i have all the layouts until april 21st.

Scorpz

#16 RB

RB

PISH Artist

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3342 posts

Posted 18 May 2004 - 06:06 PM

Cant anybody keep a secret round here????

Damn and Blast.......... 8O

Attached Files

Cyberpunk:- alienated loner who lives on the edge of society in generally dystopic future where daily life is impacted by rapid technological change, an ubiquitous datasphere of computerized information, and invasive modification of the human body.....Hmmmmm

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#17 Scorpio

Scorpio

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • 94 posts

Posted 19 May 2004 - 08:34 AM

What secrets that RB ?

Got me all curious now :) or is it a secret ;)

ha ha

Scorpz

EDIT just seen the attachment which took its time appearing :)

#18 RB

RB

PISH Artist

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3342 posts

Posted 19 May 2004 - 08:47 AM

secret??? what secret???? No secrets round here!!!!! 8O

Any good conspiracy theory starts with a secret............. :twisted:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#19 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 19 May 2004 - 01:28 PM

Good old Crystal Dome, I basically finished my pink 'genesis' version, although decided not to release it as it was rather shite....heres a pic for those that can't remember :)

Basically working, and it might be worth a release with a couple of minor design changes.....like change side art, actually do SOMETHING with the buttons :)

Oh, and I didn't know how to lamp mask when I worked on this....so I ended up straightening the dome out in the middle, which I know looks pretty bad, although at least it was more legible than the original. At least with masking I could make it look less 'gridlike'.

As you can see, apart from some missing lamps [i.e one in the dome, and the Futuristic Zone title], and some general tidying up, like the LEDs at the top left, it is playable :)

BarcrestBenito

Attached Files

Ben

#20 Scorpio

Scorpio

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • 94 posts

Posted 19 May 2004 - 03:13 PM

might, do the Crystal Dome then. Like my barcrests. :)

Scorpz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users