60 replies to this topic

#21 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 09:53 PM

Nice timing Jimmymac (both our posts at 22:16), and also nice to see you share my opinion ;)
Ben

Hopefully recovering from years of compulsive gambling and wanting to be gamble free forever.

Recommended reading - http://www.gamblersaloud.com/ (yes, I bought the book, very happy with it!)

#22 skabaz

skabaz

Engineer of the World

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2778 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 10:51 PM

I havent read any posts on this thread of anyone complaining about losing. I dont abide by people breaking the law but all things have a weakness and exploiting a weakness whether by chance or being forced is fine as far as I am concerned. An emptier is a system someone uses knowing they have a better chance of winning but do you think that is defrauding? An addiction is a hard thing to beat and saying people should beat the addiction rather than defraud a machine is very nieve if you ask me.

mangolio

read your paragraph again and you make a huge contradiction.

second sentence says that you
"dont abide by people breaking the law."
last sentence says
"saying people should beat the addiction rather than defraud a machine is very nieve if you ask me."

this means you cant stand people that break the law but its understandable that they should break the law if they have an addiction???!!!???

i'm sorry but if someone is addicted to something that doesn't give them the right to steal from someone else.

baz

#23 Jimmy_mac

Jimmy_mac

Court Jester

• Regulars
  • 1649 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 10:55 PM

Nice timing Jimmymac (both our posts at 22:16), and also nice to see you share my opinion ;)

great minds and all that sir :D

#24 mythicos

mythicos

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 11:07 PM

i'm sorry but if someone is addicted to something that doesn't give them the right to steal from someone else.

baz

Well in honesty Baz fruit machines steal money from people all day and all night.

Infact, theyre built on the sole purpose of doing that.

Thats why you can set percentages on them so they can steal a certain ammount lol.

I dont condone stealing but I just think that the whole gambling industry is shrouded in this kind of stuff (the desperate player wanting to make money).

It's just the nature of the beast sadly, gambling is hardly an 'honest living' and neither is making money from gambling.

#25 jay2

jay2

Boing Boing

• Regulars
  • 706 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 11:17 PM

Well in honesty Baz fruit machines steal money from people all day and all night.

PMSL...Have you ever had a fruit machine come upto you with a weapon and demand your wallet?
Nah,niether have i, comeon mythicos no one forces you to put your dosh in the machines.
What shall i put here?

#26 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 11:27 PM

Infact, theyre built on the sole purpose of doing that.

Thats why you can set percentages on them so they can steal a certain ammount lol.

I dont condone stealing but I just think that the whole gambling industry is shrouded in this kind of stuff (the desperate player wanting to make money).

It's just the nature of the beast sadly, gambling is hardly an 'honest living' and neither is making money from gambling.

I'll jump in here.

Machines *do* pay out according to their percentage. I'll admit it may not be as fast as people may like, but a machine set to 70% will pay out at 70% given a period of time. If someone looks at a machine with 70% payout, puts in £100 and loses £70, then they have lost £30. They have bought £30 worth of amusement (what little there is these days on a bandit for £30). They have not been robbed, because they made a conscious decision to play a gaming machine. As such they are not entitled to any money back because (a) the gamble could have been reversed - I've often put £30 into a machine and had £100 out from simple timing (no I don't shark/hawk) and (B) you bought £30 of entertainment whether you like it or not.

Agree with the nature of the beast bit though. Unfortunately as long as stupid amounts of money (IMHO £25 is far too high, things like £500 in arcades are downright insane - I'd prefer £250 clubbers to that anyday) - people will attempt to exploit it.

While it may be an odd way of drawing a conclusion, I'd say drop the JP back down to a sensible amount and inject some more entertainment per pound into machines. Something like £6 JP again, maybe £10, reasonable percentage and a limit on streak potential so as to stop machines being left 'dead'. Playing for fun, rather than playing to make money.

Thats one of the reasons I stopped. I'd been playing less anyway, but got paid and went to an arcade for a laugh. Went to Hi-Roller by BFM. I'd previously done OK, about £150 in and £200 out... built up gradually. Had about 3 shots at the wheel which added about £100 to the total, all nicely spaced out. I fell into the trap of assuming random machines and the wheel being given at 'random' meant I had a fair chance of making money from the machine. Not a lot in fact, I went at it with £200 thinking if I could wind up say £20 up at one point I'd take my money and run. No such luck, £200 in, no wheel AT ALL, one win of £25 which went as fast as it arrived.

Walked out of the arcade, and realised I'd been a totally stupid f***wit. NEVER play a machine to make money. EVER. Especially nothing that claims to be Random :)

Oh, bit off topic there. Part of my diet has involved swapping beer for spirits in diet mixers. Think I've gone overboard, better drink a bit less next time!
Ben

Hopefully recovering from years of compulsive gambling and wanting to be gamble free forever.

Recommended reading - http://www.gamblersaloud.com/ (yes, I bought the book, very happy with it!)

#27 skabaz

skabaz

Engineer of the World

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2778 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 11:59 PM

all gambling is meant to be fun but yes it also makes money for the landlord or arcade owner.

there is no one forcing anybody to play a bandit apart from themselves.

if gambling wasn't a form of entertainment we wouldn't belong to this community that we are a part of.

baz

#28 Guest_robinhood75_*

Guest_robinhood75_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 February 2006 - 01:15 PM

My m8 just sent me this, http://cgi.ebay.co.u...1QQcmdZViewItem. Why are people allowed to sell this on the net or at all. I know what they are selling and have done since that machine came out but i did not sell it. Its just a simple way of manipulating the machine by not collecting certain things.

#29 DildoDez

DildoDez

• Regulars
  • 1104 posts

Posted 15 February 2006 - 03:31 PM

. Why are people allowed to sell this on the net or at all. I know what they are selling and have done since that machine came out but i did not sell it. Its just a simple way of manipulating the machine by not collecting certain things.

But surely NOT using any external devices, and NOT using any kind of button combination, in other words, playing the machine using only the buttons on the cabinet is not illegal.

The fact that it was craply programmed doesn't mean the machine has been defrauded.

#30 skabaz

skabaz

Engineer of the World

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2778 posts

Posted 15 February 2006 - 05:08 PM

correct
that is what i call a proper emptier if you empty the machine by playing the machine in a certain way thats not illegal.

using a device is fraud.

baz

#31 mangolio

mangolio

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 15 February 2006 - 06:37 PM

I seem to have been misunderstood in my quote as I was quite drunk at the time and probably never wrote it as it was meant to be read. I intended to say I have no problem with people exploiting machines in a way that is due to the programming etc. I do not agree with a device being used to exploit a machine as I agree this is just theft.
So for all the people that seemed quick to attack what I had posted including Bencrests seeming delight in Jimmymac agreeing with him my post did not express what I actually thought so sorry.
I used to be schitzophenic but were ok now.
http://www.myspace.com/andysquire

#32 Guest_robinhood75_*

Guest_robinhood75_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 February 2006 - 12:08 PM

Makes me laugh that people are still selling the old fruit machine cheats ->
http://cgi.ebay.ie/M...8QQcmdZViewItem
They sure do a good job on selling it though lol.

#33 DildoDez

DildoDez

• Regulars
  • 1104 posts

Posted 17 February 2006 - 12:23 PM

Do you actually have a life, or do you spend all day on eBay looking for anything to do with Fruit Machines and Cheats?

#34 MAGIK

MAGIK

• Gold Supporters
  • 195 posts

Posted 17 February 2006 - 01:49 PM

Listen guys- i dont know who thinks theyll get benifit from this but let me tell you two things-
1) -there is NO way to jam an eprom- its simply a memory bank that is read by the CPU and cannot be altered once programmed unless an eraser is used. All that is happening here is , if anything, is EMF and RF interference is affecting the address and data patterns on the CPUs Input /output system. The eventual and enevitable result will be a machine alarm.

2) Alougth owning one aint illegal, You will very quickly find yourself banned from every arcade in town and if your really unlucky you could find yourself in civil court up against a damages lawsuit.

The reason that most big arcades restrict the use of mobile phones these days is not disruption to the machines but the datapacks within them. most of the big operators install a bacta pack for extra accounting etc.

So take my advice, buy one if you want to shut down your fav machine and get yourself banned. Or just use the human emptying device- your own pocket. Machines are NOT set to cruelly low percentages- BACTA regulates them at 72% and it is LAW that companies and constructers adhere to that. It is only on the cruiseships that they are set diffrently, because cruise ships are in international status and can apply diffrent regulations.

#35 mythicos

mythicos

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 17 February 2006 - 06:44 PM

PMSL...Have you ever had a fruit machine come upto you with a weapon and demand your wallet?
Nah,niether have i, comeon mythicos no one forces you to put your dosh in the machines.

I dont put money in fruit machines because I have seen the code and the likelihood of hitting a jackpot repeater.

So they do steal money, now stop posting nonsenical things about fruit machines with weapons.

They dont need them ;)

#36 mythicos

mythicos

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 17 February 2006 - 06:45 PM

I'll jump in here.

Machines *do* pay out according to their percentage. I'll admit it may not be as fast as people may like, but a machine set to 70% will pay out at 70% given a period of time. If someone looks at a machine with 70% payout, puts in £100 and loses £70, then they have lost £30. They have bought £30 worth of amusement (what little there is these days on a bandit for £30). They have not been robbed, because they made a conscious decision to play a gaming machine. As such they are not entitled to any money back because (a) the gamble could have been reversed - I've often put £30 into a machine and had £100 out from simple timing (no I don't shark/hawk) and (B) you bought £30 of entertainment whether you like it or not.

Agree with the nature of the beast bit though. Unfortunately as long as stupid amounts of money (IMHO £25 is far too high, things like £500 in arcades are downright insane - I'd prefer £250 clubbers to that anyday) - people will attempt to exploit it.

While it may be an odd way of drawing a conclusion, I'd say drop the JP back down to a sensible amount and inject some more entertainment per pound into machines. Something like £6 JP again, maybe £10, reasonable percentage and a limit on streak potential so as to stop machines being left 'dead'. Playing for fun, rather than playing to make money.

Thats one of the reasons I stopped. I'd been playing less anyway, but got paid and went to an arcade for a laugh. Went to Hi-Roller by BFM. I'd previously done OK, about £150 in and £200 out... built up gradually. Had about 3 shots at the wheel which added about £100 to the total, all nicely spaced out. I fell into the trap of assuming random machines and the wheel being given at 'random' meant I had a fair chance of making money from the machine. Not a lot in fact, I went at it with £200 thinking if I could wind up say £20 up at one point I'd take my money and run. No such luck, £200 in, no wheel AT ALL, one win of £25 which went as fast as it arrived.

Walked out of the arcade, and realised I'd been a totally stupid f***wit. NEVER play a machine to make money. EVER. Especially nothing that claims to be Random :)

Oh, bit off topic there. Part of my diet has involved swapping beer for spirits in diet mixers. Think I've gone overboard, better drink a bit less next time!

Not sure where this percentage thing comes in here, but there is a reccomended ammount of spins before the machine has to make its %.. by which time itll be on ebay.

And Ill reiterate, fruit machines are programmed, designed and built to make money from YOU.

That is their sole intention.

#37 Guest_robinhood75_*

Guest_robinhood75_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 February 2006 - 08:37 PM

Do you actually have a life, or do you spend all day on eBay looking for anything to do with Fruit Machines and Cheats?

Yes I do have a life and I dont spend all my time looking for cheats on ebay. I have a 24 week old son who takes up 99.9% of my day. I was actually looking for section 16/21 machines on ebay.

#38 MAGIK

MAGIK

• Gold Supporters
  • 195 posts

Posted 17 February 2006 - 11:06 PM

one on there going for 999 the now

#39 chan

chan

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 218 posts

Posted 17 February 2006 - 11:18 PM

mythicos
it would be purpose not intention,

#40 Guest_martind@net3t.co.uk_*

Guest_martind@net3t.co.uk_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 February 2006 - 03:42 PM

These emptiers (RF) are a big con. People who are buying them on eBay are reselling them a couple of days later. Obviously had chance to check them out and find they are fake. The people who are selling them are also setting the auction up privately, so trying to make it difficult to contact people who have bought them to find out if they actually work. Wouldn't most people agree..... please let me know your thoughts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users