Photo
- - - - -

New Quiz

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Poll: Would you like a regular quiz? (14 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you like a regular quiz?

1. Voted Yes (11 votes [78.57%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 78.57%

2. No (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Sometimes (3 votes [21.43%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 21.43%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 07:36 PM

Seeing as there's been a few Quiz questions on lately I thought i'd create a little One...

Posted Image

1. Which word in the English Language is always spelt and pronounced incorrectly?

2. You are in a race and you overtake the 3rd placed runner what position are you in?

3. In the same race you overtake the last person, what position does that put you in?

4. If 5 horses can eat five bags of oats in five minutes, how long will it take 100 horses to eat 100 bags of oats?

5. Rearrange this ‘old west action’ anagram to find a cowboy actor

6. Another anagram, this time on a maths theme……. Crate 2 simple sums where the total equals 13 (e.g. One plus two—I know that don’t equal 13 but it would give the answer if I wrote the correct sum!)

7. What colour is a Polar Bears skin?

8. There’s One place in England the Queen is NOT allowed access to…where is that?

9. Which year did WW1 finish in Europe?

#2 Guest_barcrest junky_*

Guest_barcrest junky_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 August 2010 - 07:49 PM

Seeing as there's been a few Quiz questions on lately I thought i'd create a little One...

Posted Image

1. Which word in the English Language is always spelt and pronounced incorrectly?

2. You are in a race and you overtake the 3rd placed runner what position are you in?

3. In the same race you overtake the last person, what position does that put you in?

4. If 5 horses can eat five bags of oats in five minutes, how long will it take 100 horses to eat 100 bags of oats?

5. Rearrange this ‘old west action’ anagram to find a cowboy actor

6. Another anagram, this time on a maths theme……. Crate 2 simple sums where the total equals 13 (e.g. One plus two—I know that don’t equal 13 but it would give the answer if I wrote the correct sum!)

7. What colour is a Polar Bears skin?

8. There’s One place in England the Queen is NOT allowed access to…where is that?

9. Which year did WW1 finish in Europe?

1. Incorrectly

2. Third place

3. Still third - you just lapped him

4. 5 minutes

5. Clint Eastwood

6. Me no understand

7. Black

8. House of Commons

9. This must be a con as clearly it is 1918

bj

Edited by barcrest junky, 16 August 2010 - 07:55 PM.

#3 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 07:53 PM

Blimey that was quick!

1. Incorrectly RIGHT

2. Third place RIGHT

3. Still third - you just lapped him WRONG..LETS SAY ITS A STRAIGHT LINE (THOUGH YOUR ANSWER WAS GOOD!)

4. 5 minutes RIGHT

5. Clint Eastwood RIGHT

6. Me no understand WRONG (I TRIED EXPLAING IT AS BEST I COULD)

7. Pink WRONG

8. House of Commons RIGHT

9. This must be a con as clearly it is 1918 WRONG

#4 Guest_barcrest junky_*

Guest_barcrest junky_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 August 2010 - 07:58 PM

Blimey that was quick!

1. Incorrectly RIGHT

2. Third place RIGHT

3. Still third - you just lapped him WRONG..LETS SAY ITS A STRAIGHT LINE (THOUGH YOUR ANSWER WAS GOOD!)

4. 5 minutes RIGHT

5. Clint Eastwood RIGHT

6. Me no understand WRONG (I TRIED EXPLAING IT AS BEST I COULD)

7. Pink WRONG

9. This must be a con as clearly it is 1918 WRONG

Cheers Ady, enjoyed this.

Revised answer to question 7 = Black (to soak up heat)

Revised answer to question 9 = 1919 (signing of Treaty of Versailles) Should have got this 'cos my great grandfather witnessed the signing in the Palace of Versailles. He was Churchill's valet, or something.

Edited by barcrest junky, 16 August 2010 - 07:58 PM.

#5 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 08:04 PM

Cheers Ady, enjoyed this.

Revised answer to question 7 = Black (to soak up heat)

Revised answer to question 9 = 1919 (signing of Treaty of Versailles) Should have got this 'cos my great grandfather witnessed the signing in the Palace of Versailles. He was Churchill's valet, or something.

1. Incorrectly RIGHT

2. Third place RIGHT

3. Still third - you just lapped him RIGHT..LETS SAY ITS A STRAIGHT LINE (I DIDN'T ADD THAT) (SO YOUR ANSWER WAS GOOD!), BUT IN A STRAIGHT LINE YOU CAN'T PASS THE LAST.

4. 5 minutes RIGHT

5. Clint Eastwood RIGHT

6. Me no understand WRONG 2 Sums 'x plus x' and 'x plus x' are anagrams of each other and both totals equals 13

7. Black RIGHT

9. 1919 (signing of Treaty of Versailles) WRONG

I used to go Skiing in this country and I remember being told numerious times about a technicality with some signing...you are on the right lines...Its a SINGLE country, therefore Europe was not at peace.

#6 chasnbons

chasnbons

• Regulars
  • 1282 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 08:09 PM

1. INCORRECTLY

2. 3RD

3. PENULTIMATE

4. 5 MINUTES

5. CLINT EASTWOOD

6. COULD BE 1 OF 2 THINGS EITHER 7+6=13 AND 12+1=13 OR WHICH I THINK IS PROB CORRECT IF THERE'S SUPPOSED TO BE AN 'S' AFTER THE 'TOTAL' IN THE QUESTION.... 3+3=6 AND 3+4=7 AND ADD THE ANSWERS TOGETHER

7. BLACK

8. THE HOUSE OF COMMONS

9. WESTERN EUROPE 1918 AND EASTERN EUROPE EARLY 1920'S

#7 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 08:15 PM

1. INCORRECTLY RIGHT

2. 3RD RIGHT

3. PENULTIMATE WRONG (as explained above)

4. 5 MINUTES RIGHT

5. CLINT EASTWOOD RIGHT

6. COULD BE 1 OF 2 THINGS EITHER 7+6=13 AND 12+1=13 OR WHICH I THINK IS PROB CORRECT IF THERE'S SUPPOSED TO BE AN 'S' AFTER THE 'TOTAL' IN THE QUESTION.... 3+3=6 AND 3+4=7 AND ADD THE ANSWERS TOGETHER WRONG I'm after anagrams
7. BLACK RIGHT

8. THE HOUSE OF COMMONS RIGHT

9. WESTERN EUROPE 1918 AND EASTERN EUROPE EARLY 1920'S WRONG

#8 duplu

duplu

Previous Owner

• Regulars
  • 2857 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 10:07 PM

For Q3 you can read it 2 ways:

1. Technically in a straight one lap race it isn't possible to overtake the person in last place.
2. If however you read it as you overtake the last person it is possible to overtake then that puts you in first place.

xeepi_logo_email.png

#9 duplu

duplu

Previous Owner

• Regulars
  • 2857 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 10:18 PM

Answer to Q6 is:

ONE PLUS TWELVE

TWO PLUS ELEVEN

xeepi_logo_email.png

#10 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 12:16 PM

For Q3 you can read it 2 ways:

1. Technically in a straight one lap race it isn't possible to overtake the person in last place.
2. If however you read it as you overtake the last person it is possible to overtake then that puts you in first place.

Answer to Q6 is:

ONE PLUS TWELVE

TWO PLUS ELEVEN

Correct on Both Duplu.....

I hope you guys can see why I could'nt give a different way to describe the way to get to the Answer....

All thats left is Question 9....

A little clue to finalise it....A country between Spain and France, know that and google WW1.

Thanks to all that took part

#11 jim2311

jim2311

Genius

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 01:18 PM

Came as surprise to me that 1918 was not the answer. However, after a little research (Wikipedia) I discovered it to be 23 August 1923 "The Treaty of Lausanne" apparently.

#12 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 02:31 PM

Came as surprise to me that 1918 was not the answer. However, after a little research (Wikipedia) I discovered it to be 23 August 1923 "The Treaty of Lausanne" apparently.

This question arose from me going to Andorra a few times and me having heard it mentioned...have to be honest I was amazed at how late in the 20th Century it actually took to realise lol....

So as you can see....Europe wasn't officially at peace.

Attached Files

• Attached File  war.JPG   154.72KB   9 downloads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users