• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Daryl

Daryl

Forget it... I do!

• Inactive Users
  • 2671 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 01:27 AM

I have just found a link for someone selling layouts and emulator on eBay for £4.99, plus £1.90 postage!

Here's the link: Link to layouts seller

I have sent him a message asking why he is selling them on the internet when they can come to this site and download them for free! Plus £1.90 for postage? Seems to be on the make to me, and I hate to see that, especially with regards to fruit machine emulation where people work hard creating layouts for us, for some thieves to sell others work - it really annoys me!

If anyone is an eBay member, sign into eBay, click the link above and ask why he is selling layouts and emulators when you can get them for free! Let's all bombard the seller with questions and try and shame him for his scrounging way of making money out of people.

It makes me sick, scroungers like these. :realmad:
All The Best

Daryl

My blogsite is here: click the icon --->   :computer:

My name is Daryl, I was born in 1965 and have been into FME since 2002!

On 23 June 2011, I was diagnosed with Alzheimers Disease  In November 2012, I was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease and Parkinsonian Syndrome too.

I can be found at:

My new blog-site...

...or at Facebook here: --> https://www.facebook.com/daryl.lees

=======================================================

Visit my website on the icon above for my WebBlog, or pop over and see me on the social media at  ---> Daryl on... Facebook.png

speed

#2 Guest_barcrest junky_*

Guest_barcrest junky_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 August 2010 - 06:22 AM

Cheeky fookin scouser

bj

#3 cardie

cardie

Me Gusta

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3431 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 10:01 AM

. Proof of resell rights is available upon request. No trademarks, copyrights. Or eBay rules have been violated in this listing. This product fully conforms to eBay compilation and international media policy and downloadable media policy. POSTED OUT ON CD

Thats a bit of a sneaky statement to make, 'proof of resell rights is available upon request' actually, it is'nt so hes wrong there, thing is he isn't breaking any laws so there isnt much you can do about it! I would encourage people to put copyright logos or whatever on their layouts where people who try and re sell these can modify the layout?

My Youtube

Posted Image

Rest in peace Barcrest !

Quit Gambling as of 3rd of March 2012

#4 RUKI2909

RUKI2909

• Regulars
  • 352 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 10:13 AM

cheeky twat the creators deserve some cash for all the hard work they put in to the machines :(
Posted Image

#5 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 10:17 AM

. Proof of resell rights is available upon request. No trademarks, copyrights. Or eBay rules have been violated in this listing. This product fully conforms to eBay compilation and international media policy and downloadable media policy. POSTED OUT ON CD

Thats a bit of a sneaky statement to make, 'proof of resell rights is available upon request' actually, it is'nt so hes wrong there, thing is he isn't breaking any laws so there isnt much you can do about it! I would encourage people to put copyright logos or whatever on their layouts where people who try and re sell these can modify the layout?

Its not sneaky, its just wrong. That CD has ROMs on it from several manufacturers, NONE of which will have granted resell rights to some poxy ebay seller. The ROMs are not public domain, they are still very much copyright of the respective owner. What we do in FME land isnt strictly legal, just that the manufacturers for the most part leave us to it, unless we start emulating too new games and then they ask us to stop. So we dont have the right to do anything with them, and I'll bet a pound to a penny that this ebayer is no different. In order for him to have reseller rights he needs to have written permission from every manufacturer whose ROMs, artwork or other intellectual property appear on those disks that he is allowed to distribute them. He also needs written permission for every layout which has a "not for resale" or similar ebay message. So in other words, he's not sneaky, he's just another thieving cnut getting money off other peoples hard work. And trying to get away with it by telling ebay he has the reseller rights, which anyone with half a clue about fme or even emulation in general can see straight through.

We will never stop people trying to do this unfortunately, but if you have the time, why not report him to ebay anyway. Also ask him for proof of his reseller rights.

Edited by Guitar, 07 August 2010 - 10:20 AM.

Project Amber 2 - Coming Soon

#6 launton

launton

• Regulars
  • 190 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 11:13 AM

Years ago (many) I bought one of these DVD's off ebay and there was a link to the emu sites (in a text file), which led me here... and it was then I realised that it was all hard work by you guys. Watermarking the games would be the best way to stop this, or at least link people to the real McCoy. (can it be embedded in the alpha display or something?) At the time I had no idea these emu's were made one by one. I thought they were public domain programs. I see some of them (and there's more than just him) have mame roms included. The only good thing that came out of this was I discovered the emu scene and registered on a few sites etc. I guess there's not a lot you can do if the games are so easy to download. I've also seen these DVD's in computer fairs, although they're mainly dead now.

#7 Daryl

Daryl

Forget it... I do!

• Inactive Users
  • 2671 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 03:03 PM

This is his reply to me:

Dear ***********,

I agree you can go to fruit emu.com, but theres are not all the same as whats on the dvd I sell, I spend hundreds of hours trawling the net for the best around, sort the virus and malware infected rubbish out, PURCHASE resale rights for the products, spend time and money putting them onto dvd, advertising and paying exuberant charges and then posting fully insured and tracked (£1.90) to satisfied customers, who probably cant afford to spend hundreds of hours on the net, as there work commitments dont let them.
Obviously you have a life of leisure who can do this, so when you have successfully made a good income from the net, I would love to hear from you?
We have 26 names on eBay, most with 100% positive feedback, this equates to well over 20,000 happy customers purchasing our goods.
Hope this explains.
Regards
Peter
interlinx1

- interlinx1

A load of bollocks!
All The Best

Daryl

On 23 June 2011, I was diagnosed with Alzheimers Disease  In November 2012, I was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease and Parkinsonian Syndrome too.

I can be found at:

My new blog-site...

Visit my website on the icon above for my WebBlog, or pop over and see me on the social media at  ---> Daryl on... Facebook.png

speed

#8 c0nfu53d

c0nfu53d

• Regulars
  • 288 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 04:56 PM

4.99 + 1.90? Normally it's about £2.00 including p+p! What a rip off.

#9 Darienne

Darienne

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 337 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 06:14 PM

A quick search and you will find these:

FRUIT MACHINE EMULATORS ON EBAY

And if you look there is an actual sub-catergory on eBay for EMULATORS within the FRUIT MACHINE catergory

Also search for FRUIT MACHINE DVD and you get this result ... DVD

#10 Daryl

Daryl

Forget it... I do!

• Inactive Users
  • 2671 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 06:50 PM

God, they are rife at it - all the hard work the layout designers put into their work, for scum to rip them off and make a profit from it all!

One is even selling DVDs for £8.99! 'Save time and money from downloading individually' it states on one of the sellers of FME.

It really makes me angry, as I didn't think it was as rife as this, and what is most upsetting is that it must be some members from here (the main download site for FME) that are doing it! They should be individually traced and banned... if only it was that easy though.

It sickens me it really does, because as a long-time ardent follower of FME, to see all our layouts being sold for profit by some of the people who have been here and downloaded them all is beyond me! :realmad:
All The Best

Daryl

I can be found at:

My new blog-site...

speed

#11 billnye5

billnye5

• Regulars
  • 63 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 06:58 PM

try and get the blokes I.P. address, probably be found easily for those who know how. Add him on fb or something, people have got mine before through MSN. Once you have his I.P. address send him email with attachments that contain viruses etc etc, with it being a windows computer he uses, won't be too hard. Thats possible the best way to make him learn and mess up his computer (like a get your own back)

#12 DarkCable

DarkCable

• Regulars
  • 36 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 07:55 AM

Yer i reported him to ebay for copyright issues :) f*****g cnut that he is

#13 Darienne

Darienne

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 337 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 08:59 AM

Yer i reported him to ebay for copyright issues :) f*****g cnut that he is

eBay will only remove items reported of copyright if they are reported from the main Vero owner.

They will not remove any other items reported due to:
1. A competitor may be trying to get items removed to remove the competition
2. eBay make money on any listed items, sales as well as paypal payments

It appears as though machine manufactures don't give a damn about their roms being listed -- otherwise this site and many others would have been closed down many years ago.

As the people that make the games don't hold a legal copyright for their works, then in fact no copyright issues have been broken by the people selling them. It is a fact that people have been selling the emus & games on eBay for YEARS and will continue for YEARS until they get fed up of selling them

Edited by Darienne, 08 August 2010 - 09:04 AM.

#14 £6 In Tokens

£6 In Tokens

AKA £9 In Vouchers

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2185 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 03:35 PM

True, I agree it's disappointing but nothing can be done about it (because what we are doing....Is that legal or even with manufacturers permission to use roms? (don't think so)).

BTW - I'll have to stop selling these discs on eBay so cheap @ £5.99 (£8.99 that's more like it ;) :D).
"Stay Fit, Keep Sharp, Make Good Decisions"

#15 Pgamblin

Pgamblin

Old but still not as old as Ady

• Regulars
  • 1382 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 07:05 AM

try and get the blokes I.P. address, probably be found easily for those who know how. Add him on fb or something, people have got mine before through MSN. Once you have his I.P. address send him email with attachments that contain viruses etc etc, with it being a windows computer he uses, won't be too hard. Thats possible the best way to make him learn and mess up his computer (like a get your own back)

Your taking the assumption that you wont see the ip address of the NAT or Proxy server he is using and also certain he has a static address assigned to his home router.

Plus i'm pretty sure he'll have an anti virus so good luck with that one..... :jiggy:
N/A

#16 andy-1

andy-1

Layout Creator

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1987 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 08:35 AM

it is disapointing that the layout creators cannot do anything about there hard work being stolen.

Edited by andy-1, 09 August 2010 - 08:40 AM.

#17 cliffc

cliffc

• Regulars
  • 946 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 08:58 AM

Hi

Unfortuaetly the actions you suggest are just as illigal as what he is doing, and if you were caught doing it you would probly get a worse punishement that he would if IGT et al took him to court for the abuse of there roms.

Regards

Cliff C

#18 cliffc

cliffc

• Regulars
  • 946 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 09:01 AM

Hi

I still get people siging up on the repro and attempting to download masses of layouts and or SWP roms, i do have a bit of code in place that does its best to watch for them and will disable there account, but it's not 100% so i have to manualy do it some times as well

Regards

Cliff C

#19 ZorroJnr

ZorroJnr

• Regulars
  • 42 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 12:48 PM

I am currently in the middle of compiling a DVD myself buy it now at £0.01 + £0.99 postage just to cover my costs. All material will advertise all sources to get emulations from the internet, so that people don't have to buy the DVD they can get the links just from the item I list anyway, if I list 100+ items it will cost me nothing bar the media I have to burn on and the postage, then why will people pay £4.99 + p&p!!!! That will piss them right off

This item will just be so that people who don't have the time can get the what they what for peanuts and stop other people ripping the piss out of the people at the bottom of the tree who make this all possible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just aswell homer shaves!!

#20 Daryl

Daryl

Forget it... I do!

• Inactive Users
  • 2671 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 12:56 PM

I am currently in the middle of compiling a DVD myself buy it now at £0.01 + £0.99 postage just to cover my costs. All material will advertise all sources to get emulations from the internet, so that people don't have to buy the DVD they can get the links just from the item I list anyway, if I list 100+ items it will cost me nothing bar the media I have to burn on and the postage, then why will people pay £4.99 + p&p!!!! That will piss them right off

This item will just be so that people who don't have the time can get the what they what for peanuts and stop other people ripping the piss out of the people at the bottom of the tree who make this all possible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's good to hear, you aren't doing it to make a profit - it is those greedy bastards who make themselves members here and other forums, then charge greedy prices for their 'labours' - it stinks.

Well done for doing it for people without making a profit. :)
All The Best

Daryl

I can be found at:

My new blog-site...

speed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users