• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Matt1975

Matt1975

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 187 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 06:30 PM

Whats the difference between these two types of machine?

Anyone know any companys selling these, any links?

#2 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 07:34 PM

s16 was the first £2 a spin machine with £500 jackpot. it was originally produced due to a quirk in the law regarding randomly generated numbers. the likes of barcrest, astra and bellfruit relesed their machines with a price tag around the £8k mark. this however was in comparison with the takings...

companies started to abuse this with £675 jackpot by concept, and them CMS releasing a whole range of machines that could be put on £10 a spin, they even released a dual screen version which was..... £20 a spin.

somewhere in the middle of all of this (IMO the out of control roulette bug that hit the nation) the gaming board of grat britain got involved and capped the payout of random machines to £500, and also capped the spin of a bookies roulette (s34?) to £100.

a sting in the tail by the gaming commission was the introduction of machines technical standards, which included a limit of £1 stake and £500 jackpot, this was to be deemed a category b3 machine. any machine that could not be converted within the legacy period was declared illegal.

Since the older section16 machine is illegal, you will not find anyone producing them, but you can find the odd machine for home use on ebay. £2 a spin played far better i recon, a bit like playing a 20p £100 club machine and then finding it changed to 10p stake - takes twice as long.

#3 Matt1975

Matt1975

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 187 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 07:38 PM

Thanks Nails, very informative. Have a drink on me.

#4 billnye5

billnye5

• Regulars
  • 63 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 08:02 PM

could do a topic on people favorite and worst S16 and B3 machines and why?
I'll start
Best
Rainbow riches, always exciting to play and the mere buzz when those pots come in I think gets everyone going
Worst
free spins 500, can give you the maximum number of spins and bring in pittance, which is pointless and misleading, not the best feeling to get if you have them

#5 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 10:21 PM

cheers, jd+coke.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users