Wot Makes A Good Fruity?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 money-maker

money-maker

• Regulars
  • 74 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 08:06 PM

i just cant fathom this one out?? ive been playing fruitys for over 30 yrs now but im still puzzled by the attraction?? not the attraction in general (like winning haha) but why certain machines are just simply more attractive??? value 4 money?? jackpot tune?? certain fruits on reels?? attract modes?? or is it loyalty 2 a specific manufacturer like barcrest etc? i can enjoy a lo tech as much as a hi tech + im sure others must feel the same? maybe its wot side we get out of bed? basically the question is.......... if we go in an arcade why do we bee line 4 certain machines + pls dont say......... coz i know the emptier!!!!! haha

#2 Guest_Tommy c_*

Guest_Tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 June 2010 - 08:15 PM

I'ts all in the game play as far as i'm concerned,if your getting value for money your gonna keep going back to the same machines,and for the machines made by that manufacturer.I used to be fixated with barcrest/bwb viva espana,if i seen one i just had to play it as the game play was great.Same goes for the classics aswell,you never forget a good old classic and if i come across one in an arcade im straight to thw cash box for £20 worth of 10p's :lol: .

Edited by Tommy c, 08 June 2010 - 08:16 PM.

#3 cardie

cardie

Me Gusta

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3431 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 08:16 PM

i just cant fathom this one out?? ive been playing fruitys for over 30 yrs now but im still puzzled by the attraction?? not the attraction in general (like winning haha) but why certain machines are just simply more attractive??? value 4 money?? jackpot tune?? certain fruits on reels?? attract modes?? or is it loyalty 2 a specific manufacturer like barcrest etc? i can enjoy a lo tech as much as a hi tech + im sure others must feel the same? maybe its wot side we get out of bed? basically the question is.......... if we go in an arcade why do we bee line 4 certain machines + pls dont say......... coz i know the emptier!!!!! haha

For me, plently of features, unique ones aswell not like money belt and super hold under differnt names. Also some groovey tunes always make a good machine (global, vivid, gemini and mazooma are the best for sounds)

My Youtube

Posted Image

Rest in peace Barcrest !

Quit Gambling as of 3rd of March 2012

#4 Guest_robinhood75_*

Guest_robinhood75_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 June 2010 - 08:22 PM

I'ts all in the game play as far as i'm concerned,if your getting value for money your gonna keep going back to the same machines,and for the machines made by that manufacturer.I used to be fixated with barcrest/bwb viva espana,if i seen one i just had to play it as the game play was great.Same goes for the classics aswell,you never forget a good old classic and if i come across one in an arcade im straight to thw cash box for £20 worth of 10p's :lol: .

Wekk what about the idiots that play games like DOND where they can take £60 to get a feature they spend all there money but yet go back to the same machine when thay get more cash. I think that addiction plays a big part in 80% of fruit machine players. If that dont make sense im sorry i been having a NCIS feast watching all 24 episodes of season 7 lol not had any sleep since yesterday morning.

#5 todd1970

todd1970

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 6818 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 08:32 PM

Dunno...its a very good question actually..as you say..walk into an arcade and theres machines you make a bee-line for other you avoid like the plague.

Is it machines you grew up with...hmm possibly i love to see all the oldies cloud999..777heaven the great escape etc..but is it machines you always had good runs on..possibly not.

I won £97 out of a Bullion Bars once..but id avoid that in an arcade over the above mentioned machines.

Hard to say what makes a machine more playable than others.
Mmmmmm...Sandy ive 'ad her ye know. :)

#6 shajder

shajder

• New Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 08:41 PM

I haven't got a clue why I still play them - I guess it's the thought of getting a big win. Not really bothered by music, features, etc, on the latest machines.

I like £5 jackpot multiplayer fruities like Golden Game, OXO Club, Mazooma's The Streak, Monopoly (where you go to Vegas on the screen above). Just to see it go up to or over £30 is always a good feeling. Although they are as boring as hell when they are doing nothing!

I avoid the £30 / £70 jackpot machines in Southend (or anywhere else) like the plague. The payout must be 1% or something similar because I never seem to win. I see clips on YouTube of people winning £80+ on Golden Game machines, but I've never got anywhere near.

I definitely prefer the old ones though as you always seemed to get more for your money. Machines like Viva Las Vegas, Road Hog, Viva Espania, Big Bucks, Rollercoaster, etc.

Oh, and I despise DOND machines. All a load of shite

#7 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 08:47 PM

there are a few factors, but the biggest by far is the win factor. take a £500 b3, say cashino or freeplay 500. the possibility that the next spin could roll in a screen full of bars is what captures people.

music, sound and playability etc are all major factors but the win value is what will make you put more money in it.

#8 fruitcrazy

fruitcrazy

• Banned
  • 195 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 09:12 PM

I would have to say its the average payout and some good play for your money. Sound for me seems to be a big factor as well. I find myself hearing the JP sound for party time in my head and when you get the feature. Nothing better then when you 3+ bongs of jp in one game lol once i had 7 £25ers in one game nothing better then a good buzz, the only downside to that is that it went empty and kicked the game (piss take or what lol)

#9 FRUITJUNKIE1971

FRUITJUNKIE1971

• Regulars
  • 213 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 09:15 PM

I like machines that have a good feature board on them.... i prefer the "board game" style where you roll the dice to move.... I don't really like the ones where you have to go HI or LO to make each move.

Machines that have good music and sound FX attract me (I like the saucy sounds in Screwing Around such as "can you fill my crack" and "ooh show us your nuts" lol very funny!!!

I love machines that use lots of quad colour lamps such as King Kebab, looks very pretty in attract mode that one.

Also like machines that have a good theme to them, being into retro games i like the machines like Sonic the hedgehog, Pacman and loved the Mr Do! machine too. Am also a fan of the cowboy theme, holiday theme and cat and mouse themed machines.
hello!

#10 CrAzYbAr

CrAzYbAr

Japan bound

• Gold Supporters
  • 2640 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 09:35 PM

My main priority is board costs.
Second most is creativity.
Then win factor
Then sound(seeing as most machines are muted out!)

This is a site for EMULATION purposes of older machines. Not playing strategies.
If you are more interested in playing modern machines,
visit Jackpottyforums

(DOND is around now on this site..... How long was this sig out of date...!)

#11 mc_christopher

mc_christopher

• New Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 10:42 PM

Play time. I started playing fruits just as a boredom buster down my local, and I love the machines you can put 3 quid in and play for 45 minutes off the original cash + wins you get from it. You will probably lose in the end, but what have you lost? A pocket full of change and wasted half an hour waiting for your pals to show up?

#12 Johnnyafc

Johnnyafc

#Lapsed

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1590 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 07:47 AM

I say sounds and graphics...... :wubclub:
Posted Image

#13 CrAzYbAr

CrAzYbAr

Japan bound

• Gold Supporters
  • 2640 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 11:01 AM

Thought you'd say Lithograph ;)

This is a site for EMULATION purposes of older machines. Not playing strategies.
If you are more interested in playing modern machines,
visit Jackpottyforums

(DOND is around now on this site..... How long was this sig out of date...!)

#14 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 06:00 PM

Gameplay, gameplay, gameplay, gameplay, gameplay, gameplay, gameplay, gameplay, gameplay, gameplay, gameplay, gameplay, gameplay, gameplay and gameplay.

Project Amber 2 - Coming Soon

#15 Johnnyafc

Johnnyafc

#Lapsed

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1590 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 06:45 PM

Gameplay, gameplay, gameplay, gameplay, gameplay, gameplay, gameplay, gameplay, gameplay, gameplay, gameplay, gameplay, gameplay, gameplay and gameplay.

you forgot to mention gameplay :undecided:
Posted Image

#16 Guest_barcrest junky_*

Guest_barcrest junky_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 June 2010 - 08:19 PM

I find an MPU3 romset is an excellent start.

bj

#17 cliffc

cliffc

• Regulars
  • 946 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 07:09 AM

HI

If you want to see what makes a good machine then just get yourself to Gravesend and into Mr P's Classic Arcade where you will find may fine examples of what makes fruites fun to play the biggest one being you will not find in there at all not never ever anything with Noel Edmonds on it (ha sorry i have to withdraw that statement as he has a Noel's House Party in there) every thing in there is fun to play and no more than 20p a game and all cash.

Regards

Cliff C

#18 alexmortimer

alexmortimer

Gold Supporter

• New Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 03:55 PM

Hiya guys (and gals, sorry!)

I like the games that have a move in, move out board round and round, like money magic, warped, etc etc, as i feel that you can be pretty safe for a while and one with the bonuses are good that can be used whenever you need them most. I HATE red gaming machines as a feel they are just high/low nudges and there isnt any gameplay in them, a machine i used to love was Fortune and Glory (impulse or similar i think) where you needed 3 medipacks for a extra life and 3 diamond you needed for the big feature in the centre of the board, i havent seen this one for years and years though!! would love to see a pic or one emulated...

There are too many cloned machines now with the same features and gameplay.

I also like the lotech more than the hitech these days as there seems to be a better chance of moneyback at least these days...

#19 todd1970

todd1970

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 6818 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 04:14 PM

I was gonna say gameplay..its probably already been said though.
Mmmmmm...Sandy ive 'ad her ye know. :)

#20 muppetboy

muppetboy

• Regulars
  • 66 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 12:48 PM

I used to play Bingo a few times a week and during intervals, played the Fruit Machines. However, those in bingo halls were generally "basic" and paid out in tokens! So while I used to go home with pockets bulging (oo-er missus), all used to go back into machines, next time I went. Last time I went Bingo was about five years ago and FM's were a little more adventurous (I think because of the stigma of Bingo being associated with "old people" and advanced FM's were too complicated for them. Tsk!).

As I mentioned in another post, I beat the gambling addiction of Fruit Machines many years ago and thanks to emulators, money stays firmly in pocket. When it comes to what I specifically look for in a Fruit Machine though, it has to be masses of extra features where it's not always luck, but skill involved as well (other words, gameplay heh heh). Music and sound is important too. Also appeals when all lamps, layout, etc, are completely different from others and not clones with just a few tweaks.

Payout ratio is important too (obvious!) as I used to watch others playing first and calculate what the odds were of actually winning anything decent. If I stick two quid in a 10p a-go machine (example) and I don't get anything back at all then as far as I'm concerned the odds are well low.

Themed FM's draw me in too. Still on lookout for emulated Eastenders unless I've been looking in wrong place...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users