Deal Or No Deal - P It Again

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 campaz

campaz

• New Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 01:04 PM

still waiting for a picture of this, but heard its already out on its second test. does anyone have a picture of this machine .... *pokes bazpeeb*. and there is another new deal coming out as well, i was told the name but forgot it. its another silly name though of cause

#2 Guest_barcrest junky_*

Guest_barcrest junky_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 May 2010 - 05:09 PM

As a rough guess I am saying there'll be lots of red involved in the decals, perhaps some boxes and a picture of some bearded twat. :indifferent:

bj

#3 ziggy

ziggy

• Regulars
  • 662 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 12:24 AM

Why are so many people obsessed with dond's ?

There is at least one out every 2-3 months, and another 2-3 on test binned as well.

I'd have thought everyone would have realised what they are all about by now ?

#4 James

James

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 263 posts

Donator

Posted 26 May 2010 - 09:48 AM

There is at least one out every 2-3 months, and another 2-3 on test binned as well.

We all know how shit they are, it's a given now, but people probably 'obsessed' with them for that massive streak they do, cause they do pay like hell, i've been there, got £210 off of a "The big red's" mega streak for just £7 in, probably the worst thing to happen, cause you get it into your head it'll happen again, which obviously, chances are it wont.

#5 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 10:22 AM

bellfruit is obsessed, not the people. now barcrest have released one too called take it or leave it

http://www.barcrestg...om/game/?id=410

what a piss take, just noticed even the jackpot is the bells!

#6 mc_christopher

mc_christopher

• New Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 10:38 AM

Isn't it Barcrest who've done Count ya Cash and It's Amazing? Both have those have DOND features, both shite aswell.

#7 Sparkz

Sparkz

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 164 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 12:11 AM

Isn't it Barcrest who've done Count ya Cash and It's Amazing? Both have those have DOND features, both shite aswell.

"count ya cash" is the shittest of the shit,

its sucks soo much I think eating noel edmonds greasy beard would be more entertaining.

I remember this from the arcade in my mad stupid days, £170 in and the highest it offered was £20, every box game I went to the end to find my box was filled with crap, then on my second try on it another day I put £100 in, collected £30 to find out my box had mega streak at the end... but then somehow took £70jp (didnt repeat) a while later... still that day I was £50 down on it anyways.

It really starts to annoy me how theres machine after machine, weather it be deal or no deal? pacman? count ya cash? take it or leave it? or 1 of the 100 or so others, that are exactly the same.

imo all its doing is screwing up the fruit machine industry as the reputation for these style of machines become worse and worse for many people.

In the pub they are always 1's to avoid because usually the pensioner addicts have whacked a big chunk of cash in, taken the jp (at an overall loss) thus leveled out the payout % so it will pay peanuts for the new few £100.

In the arcade its also the same, but people here tend to know full well how crap they are so they avoid them, thus they are always half empty and just waiting there for some idiot to part with a few quid

#8 ziggy

ziggy

• Regulars
  • 662 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 02:08 AM

its sucks soo much I think eating noel edmonds greasy beard would be more entertaining.

I remember this from the arcade in my mad stupid days, £170 in and the highest it offered was £20, every box game I went to the end to find my box was filled with crap, then on my second try on it another day I put £100 in, collected £30 to find out my box had mega streak at the end... but then somehow took £70jp (didnt repeat) a while later... still that day I was £50 down on it anyways.

It really starts to annoy me how theres machine after machine, weather it be deal or no deal? pacman? count ya cash? take it or leave it? or 1 of the 100 or so others, that are exactly the same.

imo all its doing is screwing up the fruit machine industry as the reputation for these style of machines become worse and worse for many people.

In the pub they are always 1's to avoid because usually the pensioner addicts have whacked a big chunk of cash in, taken the jp (at an overall loss) thus leveled out the payout % so it will pay peanuts for the new few £100.

In the arcade its also the same, but people here tend to know full well how crap they are so they avoid them, thus they are always half empty and just waiting there for some idiot to part with a few quid

Probably something to do with Barcrest trying to be smart and adding in a true skill stop feat in the early roms, latter roms bounce making the machine ( amazing, cyc,pacs,ect ) a tad more friendly .Maze feature ( dond thing ) is a waste of time.

#9 ziggy

ziggy

• Regulars
  • 662 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 02:11 AM

bellfruit is obsessed, not the people. now barcrest have released one too called take it or leave it

Yeah agreed, but the manus are only obsessed with the serial releases for one reason.Cashbox returns are huge compaired to anything else out there.

Cant quite believe Bacrest have ditched the crest for the bells tho.No copyrights on them bells then , am surprised.

#10 ziggy

ziggy

• Regulars
  • 662 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 02:14 AM

We all know how shit they are, it's a given now, but people probably 'obsessed' with them for that massive streak they do, cause they do pay like hell, i've been there, got £210 off of a "The big red's" mega streak for just £7 in, probably the worst thing to happen, cause you get it into your head it'll happen again, which obviously, chances are it wont.

Your dead right, probably the worst thing to happen to anyone is seeing a bellfruit streak.Makes you think it could MAYBE happen each time you play one >? Aye right.

Somewhere in the region of every £2000-£3000 recycled though more like.

#11 Guest_Tommy c_*

Guest_Tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 May 2010 - 07:36 AM

Well that does take the piss big time,barcrest have always used mr barcrest or the jackpot signs for there top prize.Maybe there trting to pass there machine off as a new bellfruit :skeptical:

#12 mc_christopher

mc_christopher

• New Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 09:45 AM

I know what you mean I've only ever had £35 out of It's Amazing, I got a mega hint saying the 'The Maze Attraction will be over £20'. I was dubious, I thought it might try and f*** me about and offer me something over £20 then expect me to take that, and I'd have something really low as my amount if I went all the way, but I got £35. The reason I was dubious is because I've been messed around on Count Ya Cash. Going round the board it gave me a hint 'no lose high low next'. So I went higher than an 10 (or something) and it landed on 3 (or something). I was so confused, but then 2 spins later I got back on the board and my first cash shot was £70, so I can't really complain too much.

#13 Guest_robinhood75_*

Guest_robinhood75_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 May 2010 - 01:01 PM

It's crazy, me n a mate was in weatherspoons last week. We was sat in the beer garden and see some guy stick at least £90 into a dond and didnt go down to collect anything so guess he must have transfeard it over if he did win. My mate decided to have a go and ended up £180 down in less than 15 minutes on the £1 a spin. He kept getting double dond with 3 red phones bit it would not go past £20 on the cash ladder, he didnt take any of the dond faturs. Then after a massive £320 in he got a go all the way took ms which gave a flat £70 and then the mchine was dead he stuck another £30 back in with only 2 features which gave a £5 and £3. he collected his money and stormed out. I had a go on 25p a spin and after a fiver got on boad and i collected the cob which gave win steppa for £40 then put it up to 50p spin and after £8 i got a gotw got ms for £70 and a few after plays for a total of £40 so for about £14 i got £150, i did tell my friend who was very pissed off but at the end of the day he walked off if he had stayed on it he would have won.

I just cant belive it took about £400 to get a jackpot it was dropping too so it could have been fill up day, not sure how spoons do it. Just cant see how this is fun any more, it's just crazy. I hate the way its all going i just hope that they sort it out soon before lot goes down the shitter.

#14 fruitman69

fruitman69

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1098 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 02:35 PM

Generally wetherspoons are on 78% or used to be enough said....
Follow us on facebook http://www.facebook....131728946893342
www.reelsoffun.co.uk

#15 mc_christopher

mc_christopher

• New Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 10:53 PM

It's crazy, me n a mate was in weatherspoons last week. We was sat in the beer garden and see some guy stick at least £90 into a dond and didnt go down to collect anything so guess he must have transfeard it over if he did win. My mate decided to have a go and ended up £180 down in less than 15 minutes on the £1 a spin. He kept getting double dond with 3 red phones bit it would not go past £20 on the cash ladder, he didnt take any of the dond faturs. Then after a massive £320 in he got a go all the way took ms which gave a flat £70 and then the mchine was dead he stuck another £30 back in with only 2 features which gave a £5 and £3. he collected his money and stormed out. I had a go on 25p a spin and after a fiver got on boad and i collected the cob which gave win steppa for £40 then put it up to 50p spin and after £8 i got a gotw got ms for £70 and a few after plays for a total of £40 so for about £14 i got £150, i did tell my friend who was very pissed off but at the end of the day he walked off if he had stayed on it he would have won.

I just cant belive it took about £400 to get a jackpot it was dropping too so it could have been fill up day, not sure how spoons do it. Just cant see how this is fun any more, it's just crazy. I hate the way its all going i just hope that they sort it out soon before lot goes down the shitter.

The first mistake is playing £1 games on double DOND. That machine is worth no more than 25p a spin. The only DOND thats worth it is The Dream Factory, and there's another one which isn't worth playing one quids as much, but can still get you a few winners, it's the one where you get shots. Basically, if you can play quids to get double numbers in view it's worth it, any other machine it's only worth 25p in my opinion. 50p and £1 only really get you red and most of the time it doesn't even make a difference anyway.

And as for 'spoons, I always avoid the fruits at the 'spoons by mine, because, lets face it, the machines are always empty. The places are open at 9am so you know you've got all the retired folk who've got nothing better to do than drink and play the fruits all day, so they're bound to be cleared by 4-5 o clock, if that.

#16 Zoltar

Zoltar

Former Fat Bastard.....

• Gold Supporters
  • 1810 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 06:23 AM

The first mistake is playing £1 games on double DOND. That machine is worth no more than 25p a spin. The only DOND thats worth it is The Dream Factory, and there's another one which isn't worth playing one quids as much, but can still get you a few winners, it's the one where you get shots. Basically, if you can play quids to get double numbers in view it's worth it, any other machine it's only worth 25p in my opinion. 50p and £1 only really get you red and most of the time it doesn't even make a difference anyway.

You say that most games are only worth 50p play or 25p play. If the games run to a percentage, surely playing higher stakes would mean things like feature entry coming around much more frequently. Even if as you suggest, that red features/cash as enhancements rarely give the repeat or enhancement.

A question pops into my head. These multi-stake games. Do they still run off 1 pot or is there a seperate pot for each stake? As in,.....

..... If someone plays £150 in at £1 a go, refusing all wins aiming for the streak and runs out of cash, making the machine happy, is the machines 'happy state' only remain for the £1 a go games or do you get this 'happy' gameplay for the £50p or £25p play games?

Shit. Another question.

Why the hell am I asking questions about DOND games.
Posted Image

#17 Chopaholic

Chopaholic

Manx Muppet

• Regulars
  • 220 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 08:00 AM

The DONDs are pretty much the ultimate 'honest' iteration of AWPs.

How long is it since anyone played the things for amusement?

Ever since the £15 days, with the odd exceptions (ACE/JPM mainly), AWPs have been about a straight force and/or manipulation.

It was arguably Red who really picked this concept up and ran with it (all out force for the top streak feature), BFM just followed suit.

Seriously, how many DOND players have never collected anything other than JP/mega streak?

That's all there is to it these days (unless you know the odd rips that are still left in) - force for the top and hope it costs you less than it goes for!

As for your question CC, multi-stakes are all a single pot as far as I can tell - so overall I don't think it makes any difference what stake you're playing at if you're just going on the force, lower stakes will just take longer as there are far more spins!

Fruit machine emulation YouTube shenanigans - https://www.youtube....c/DegsyDegworth

#18 mc_christopher

mc_christopher

• New Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 09:31 AM

You say that most games are only worth 50p play or 25p play. If the games run to a percentage, surely playing higher stakes would mean things like feature entry coming around much more frequently. Even if as you suggest, that red features/cash as enhancements rarely give the repeat or enhancement.

A question pops into my head. These multi-stake games. Do they still run off 1 pot or is there a seperate pot for each stake? As in,.....

..... If someone plays £150 in at £1 a go, refusing all wins aiming for the streak and runs out of cash, making the machine happy, is the machines 'happy state' only remain for the £1 a go games or do you get this 'happy' gameplay for the £50p or £25p play games?

Shit. Another question.

Why the hell am I asking questions about DOND games.

If you play the £1 stake in the machine I mentioned, it doubles the numbers in view and does get you on the board easier. It can mess you around and not give you numbers to get you up on the board, but it doesn't happened all that often. Playing the increased stake on machines to get 3 superimposed symbols to get on the board, it may apear to be quicker in relation to how many spins you have, but remember £10 would be 10 spins. The only real benefit I can see from £1 on newer DOND like the Banker Rings Twice and Gold is that if you get 3 phones on the winline it starts double DOND, and when you think how often you see people playing that feature anyway, you think it'd happen very often?

I've got no idea about the pots. The machine down my local now have a display saying how much is in the cash pot for each game. When it's at £70 one fella says its sure to pay, even if the cash pots on the other stakes are wiped out, and he'll cash or bust as soon as he gets on the board and on a few occasions I've seen him get the JP this way, off about £15 in. Obviously this can't always work because someone could have just won JP or MS 5 minutes before so the machine won't pay again.

#19 moneymad martian

moneymad martian

• New Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 08:32 PM

The problem with these types of machines is the fact the gamble is not just putting your coin in the machine, or pressing the start button, or pressing the feature exchange button, but even when you collect something (i.e. the DonD feature et al) there is an extended gamble on that too. So that means, in essence, the machine and the program has more than three chances to now make the outcome lose.

I do not take the point regarding Wetherspoons totally. I went into the Leeds train station one a few weeks ago, with only a small amount of money, and ended up nearly £80 up after half an hour playing very conservatively. As with all machines, it depends on the site. Put them next to a train station where casual players will shell bar change, and no real hard liners will go due to location, then you can make a decent return. Unfortunately the majority of Wetherspoons are turning into new amusement arcades which will, unfortunately, make the reputation of manufacturers worse as they will be screwed.

The stakes are higher, thats why people think machines are worse than "back in the day". Lets remember, the minimum payout percentage in this country has not changed for decades. The pereception of how greedy these things are is only prevalent because, instead of in my day losing a tenner in a £4JP (tok) 10p stake machine was normal, losing £175 in a £70JP £1 stake is now the case. Look at the percentage. 250% stake to JP ratio in 1988. 250% stake to JP ratio in 2010. Nothing has changed. Just the numbers have got bigger.
Take me to your leader....

#20 mc_christopher

mc_christopher

• New Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 11:18 AM

Well if you played in some of the Wetherspoons around my area you'd change your mind.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users