• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 andymagic10

andymagic10

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 153 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 05:45 PM

Hi all, just wondering if anyone knows how to fit a hard drive in to one of these playstation 2's? its the first model,also ive taken mine apart as it needs a new fan, does anyone know where to get a fan or parts? :)

cheers, andy.

Attached Files

andysavanah

#2 cardie

cardie

Me Gusta

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3431 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 07:00 PM

Don't think you can fit a HDD the PS2, they used memory cards. The fan you could probably get off ebay or any other fan of that size you can get from anywhere.

My Youtube

Posted Image

Rest in peace Barcrest !

Quit Gambling as of 3rd of March 2012

#3 stanmarsh14

stanmarsh14

Sado-masochist

• Gold Supporters
  • 3120 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 07:47 PM

The fan should not be too much of a problem to source from places like Maplin's, CPC Farnell etc.

You need to measure corner to corner, and the thickness of the current fan, to get the sizes you need, to find a replacement.

As for the hard drive, found the following, which may prove useful.

You will also need a Network Adaptor module as the above video shows, which I guess can be easy to find on e-bay, and also note that some Seagate, and nearly all WD drives do not play well with the PS2, info which is here: http://www.hdadvance..._how-to-use.htm

For the slim versions of the PS2, it can still be done, but more work is involved, as shown here: http://www.joystiq.c...ve-to-your-ps2/

#4 andymagic10

andymagic10

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 153 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 11:35 PM

cool thanks guys, ive got a new fan ordered off *bay and a new blue case lol. still want to try and put in a hhd. i'll keep lookin for somewhere that sells them. :v_SPIN:

Edited by andymagic10, 04 May 2010 - 11:36 PM.

andysavanah

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users