• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 andymagic10

andymagic10

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 153 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 10:59 PM

Hi all, just wondered if anyone could help me with this, I brought a mint condition Nokia 8210 and seemed to work fine, apart from the battery needed replacing, got a new battery now but the signal seems to be full then dissapear the next? I no these mobiles were sold in 2001 but still shoud be fine. could it need a new antenna? these were a nice phone at the time and still are for a backup.
thanks for reading :)
andymagic10

Attached Files

Edited by andymagic10, 06 April 2010 - 11:01 PM.

andysavanah

#2 stanmarsh14

stanmarsh14

Sado-masochist

• Gold Supporters
  • 3120 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 11:32 PM

I would actually think it could be to do with your network.

I have a similar problem every so often with O2, near J25, M1, despite having three (One of which is the area's main hub transmitter, the other two are relays connecting to this main hub mast) masts, all within a mile of me, and using a SE W350, with mum also sometimes having the same issue.

Just to be sure, I would flash the phones firmware, with the latest available from Nokia, factory reset it via the menu, and try again.

Link here for the firmware....

http://www.nokia.co....port/nokia-8210

#3 andymagic10

andymagic10

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 153 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 11:38 PM

Hi thanks for that m8, i also have a samsung tocco lite on o2 and the signals fine at all times? just tryed reset but still the same? wierd :confused:
andysavanah

#4 andymagic10

andymagic10

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 153 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 12:00 AM

do the signal/antenna wear out? :err:
andysavanah

#5 andymagic10

andymagic10

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 153 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 12:43 AM

wonder if you can still get parts for these? bugger :daydreaming:
andysavanah

#6 hornynick

hornynick

• Regulars
  • 259 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 05:50 PM

Im not an expert by any means, but about 5 years ago the sim cards changed slighty I think they went from 3v to 5v. It could be that the phone was made before the change was announced so can't handle the new sim cards.
This is just a guess mind! Im sure googling woud bring something up about the sim card change so you could see if that model was affected.

#7 fruitsnappa

fruitsnappa

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1304 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 05:59 PM

Hi all, just wondered if anyone could help me with this, I brought a mint condition Nokia 8210 and seemed to work fine, apart from the battery needed replacing, got a new battery now but the signal seems to be full then dissapear the next? I no these mobiles were sold in 2001 but still shoud be fine. could it need a new antenna? these were a nice phone at the time and still are for a backup.
thanks for reading :)
andymagic10

Isn't this what happens if the phone has been barred by the networks?

#8 andymagic10

andymagic10

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 153 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 08:01 PM

Thanks chaps! will look into the sim card change thing, as for a phone being barred, i can make calls and txt so think its fine. seems to just cut out :confused:
andysavanah

#9 Zoltar

Zoltar

Former Fat Bastard.....

• Gold Supporters
  • 1810 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 06:20 AM

Hi thanks for that m8, i also have a samsung tocco lite on o2 and the signals fine at all times? just tryed reset but still the same? wierd :confused:

Do bare in mind that the more modern the phone is, the better the antenna. Simple technological advancing there.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users