- - - - -

Problems Visiting The Site

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Tommy c_*

Guest_Tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 April 2010 - 07:01 AM

Hello all just wanted to see if anyone else is having problems getting on hte site between tea time and the morining,as for some reason i'm getting on in the morning for a bit then after that i constantly get server not found.Now iv'e spoke to alot of other people and they say they have no problems whatsoever,it's doing my head in now as it's been doing it for the last 4/5 days,if it was my ISP i'm sure there aint only me using talk talk broadband so other people would be getting the error thanks for any advice.

#2 hurricane

hurricane

• Regulars
  • 734 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 01:45 PM

First time i've managed to get on since either wednesday or thursday of last week.

#3 Guest_Tommy c_*

Guest_Tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 April 2010 - 02:09 PM

Thats whats bothering me more though is it lets me on in the morning then any other time i log in i just get the message.

#4 CrAzYbAr

CrAzYbAr

Japan bound

• Gold Supporters
  • 2640 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 02:28 PM

It's been fine for me 24/7...Don't know what to suggest myself as I am crap at PCs etc, the new layout was done to stop this. As the old vbulletin had dropped the ball on server issues etc, we changed to this. Don't blame this new look site though. I will just diagnose "facebook syndrome" :twitcy: ;)

This is a site for EMULATION purposes of older machines. Not playing strategies.
If you are more interested in playing modern machines,
visit Jackpottyforums

(DOND is around now on this site..... How long was this sig out of date...!)

#5 duplu

duplu

Previous Owner

• Regulars
  • 2857 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 02:59 PM

The next time it happens I suggest running the command 'tracert fruit-emu.com' from a DOS prompt. This will tell you at what point the connection to FE is failing. If you get an error straight away telling you the site name is unresovable or similar then it is a problem with your ISPs DNS servers.

The site moved to a new faster server last week and has been up 24/7 since.

xeepi_logo_email.png

#6 Guest_Tommy c_*

Guest_Tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 April 2010 - 03:23 PM

Ok will give that a try cheers.

#7 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 06:27 PM

As I said before, not a single problem here.

#8 cardie

cardie

Me Gusta

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3431 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 07:19 PM

As I said before, not a single problem here.

All good here :D

My Youtube

Posted Image

Rest in peace Barcrest !

Quit Gambling as of 3rd of March 2012

#9 andymagic10

andymagic10

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 153 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 07:22 PM

all good wid me ere aswell :policeman:
andysavanah

#10 Guest_Tommy c_*

Guest_Tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 April 2010 - 08:36 AM

Well was booted again last night about 6.30 untill now.

#11 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 08:40 AM

Problems your end then, mabey look closer to home?

I was at my Brothers about 8pm and on from home here after that....then today from around 8am.

Have you tried tracing it as Duplu suggested?

tracert fruit-emu.com

#12 duplu

duplu

Previous Owner

• Regulars
  • 2857 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 08:42 AM

Did you run the tracert?

xeepi_logo_email.png

#13 Guest_Tommy c_*

Guest_Tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 April 2010 - 08:56 AM

no i didnt as ive only just found out how to do it i will try it later when it boots me again.

#14 stanmarsh14

stanmarsh14

Sado-masochist

• Gold Supporters
  • 3120 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 12:23 PM

Hello all just wanted to see if anyone else is having problems getting on hte site between tea time and the morining,as for some reason i'm getting on in the morning for a bit then after that i constantly get server not found.Now iv'e spoke to alot of other people and they say they have no problems whatsoever,it's doing my head in now as it's been doing it for the last 4/5 days,if it was my ISP i'm sure there aint only me using talk talk broadband so other people would be getting the error thanks for any advice.

Think it's an ISP problem bud, as I have been having similar issues, but I am connected via their OneTel service (Another CPW company).

Also been getting problems going to any .tk site (Including my own) for a while.

Over at my flat, I don't get the same issues on Virgin Media, yet using the same lappy.

#15 Guest_Tommy c_*

Guest_Tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 April 2010 - 07:56 AM

Think it's an ISP problem bud, as I have been having similar issues, but I am connected via their OneTel service (Another CPW company).

Also been getting problems going to any .tk site (Including my own) for a while.

Over at my flat, I don't get the same issues on Virgin Media, yet using the same lappy.

Ok thanks for the info stan i to am now thinking that so i'll ring em and see if theres some kind of upgrade or something to resolve it.

Did you run the tracert?

Duplu ran the tracert like you said and it didn't go no further than saying the problem is unresolveble.

#16 jim2311

jim2311

Genius

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 01:55 PM

I too have had problems recently "server not found...dns error"
My location is Glasgow/Scotland and my ISP is TalkTalk (AOL)
I first noticed it on April 1st and thought it was just a wind up, but it has persisted.

#17 duplu

duplu

Previous Owner

• Regulars
  • 2857 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 03:58 PM

Duplu ran the tracert like you said and it didn't go no further than saying the problem is unresolveble.

I too have had problems recently "server not found...dns error"
My location is Glasgow/Scotland and my ISP is TalkTalk (AOL)
I first noticed it on April 1st and thought it was just a wind up, but it has persisted.

This all points to a problem with the DNS servers for Talk Talk as Stan says. There isn't anything I can do to fix it as the problem isn't at this end.

xeepi_logo_email.png

#18 Guest_barcrest junky_*

Guest_barcrest junky_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 April 2010 - 08:25 PM

Has this site been down all day until 5:20, or is my talk talk ISP playing up as well?

bj

#19 duplu

duplu

Previous Owner

• Regulars
  • 2857 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 08:28 PM

Has this site been down all day until 5:20, or is my talk talk ISP playing up as well?

bj

The site hasn't been down at all apart from about an hour when it was moved over a week ago.

It looks like the only people having problems are on Talk Talk.

xeepi_logo_email.png

#20 andymagic10

andymagic10

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 153 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 11:58 PM

ive had no probz apart from tonite the main home page seems to be having a fit or something? prob my lappy :wacko:
andysavanah

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users