• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 CrAzYbAr

CrAzYbAr

Japan bound

• Gold Supporters
  • 2640 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 02:35 PM

My TV and DVD player are working as a team to drive me nuts...
I've recently bought a Region 1 DVD that won't play due to "Incompatible TV Settings!" I was told that my TV is NTSC compatible and that the DVD player is multi region.

TV model is a Panasonic Viera TH-42PX80BA
DVD player is a Panasonic DV3
I've tried the basic menus from the remote, but don't know if I need another menu of sorts? Or perhaps just changing some of the picture settings through the menu would make it compatible? I am pretty much stuck where I am now with a DVD that won't play:lol:
Any help is greatly appreciated! Cheers all

#2 Matty.N

Matty.N

• Regulars
  • 3111 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 02:52 PM

In STOP mode, press and hold STOP and OPEN/CLOSE on the unit for more
than 5 seconds. This switches the unit from PAL to NTSC or vice versa.

and he got it working

go me ;D

Edited by Matty.N, 03 February 2010 - 02:58 PM.

#3 cypresshillclan

cypresshillclan

• New Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 02:58 PM

Hmmm i don't really know too much on the matter but i would say its defo not your tv because nearly every new tv is NTSC compatiable i was going to ask if it was a burned dvd because sometimes dvd players can be really fussy on what they will and wont play wen it comes to burned ones but you said you have bought a region 1 dvd so that cant be the problem have you any other dvd players or game consoles you could try the dvd in? Have you looked to see if there is an unlock code for your dvd player? How have you got the dvd player and tv connected? On a side note if you cant get it workin and are lookin a new dvd player sony and samsungs are great makes i have both and they run every dvd i throw at them hope i can help you slightly
Dead Or Alive Your Coming With Me

#4 CrAzYbAr

CrAzYbAr

Japan bound

• Gold Supporters
  • 2640 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 04:37 PM

Cheers to both of you who have contributed, I've got it working now!:D Needed to change from PAL to NTSC and Matt got it in one, Cypress you're right, it is a bugger to get working with any DVD bar your usual Region 2 or Region 0 lol, most of my stuff is obscure anime(non-H!) that's only got sent to America:lol:

#5 pcpete23456

pcpete23456

• New Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 08:35 PM

hi
another way to do it is install anydvd on your pc and set to region 2........and use clonedvd to make backup .you have to have anydvd setup first and make sure its in taskbar near clock when you insert a dvd it will decrypt it.turn from dark orange to light.then run clone dvd and redo dvd so always region 2 backup that is
just an idea :)

#6 cypresshillclan

cypresshillclan

• New Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 09:28 PM

No probs i'll try and help anyway i can i neva would have thought of what matty said tho lol glad you got it working tho mate coz it would be crap to have all that good gear and not be able to watch the stuff you wanted on it lol
Dead Or Alive Your Coming With Me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users