Strimming

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 deadsy

deadsy

• New Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 29 March 2004 - 07:50 PM

Anyone here remember the golden days of strimming? I had a pal who would regularly strim the old club metal slots and empty up. This was back in the 80's .... and then the fruitie companies caught on and changed the slot mechanisms. It's the only sure way I've ever known of winning every time on the fruities. :idea: Ah, the good old days ....

#2 frig

frig

• Regulars
  • 332 posts

Posted 29 March 2004 - 09:02 PM

I remember appearing in court with two others for strimming. Quite popular at the time according to the police.

Needless to say - walking past Newquay police station, and going 'I wonder what the cells are like in that police station'? - is a very unlucky thing to say!

#3 deadsy

deadsy

• New Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 30 March 2004 - 01:42 PM

Strimming:
"Yeah, but you beat the machine though."
"Yeah, but I got caught."
"Yeah, but you beat the machine though."

Arrrrrrrrrrrgh!!! I've just done me bollocks in an Italian Job £25 machine. £50 I slung in it and all it ever paid back was a few lousy £3's. Nevermind though, I think I'm cured now. Fruities, I'll fekkin' shit 'em!! Why bother sticking £10 in a fruity for a silly £25 JP? You may as well pick out a nice 8/1 ossie and take a chance. It's silly.

#4 ziggy

ziggy

• Regulars
  • 662 posts

Posted 31 March 2004 - 01:31 AM

Believe it or not people are still strimming away to date.

Old machines mind you.

Quite funny.I actually saw someone doing it on some old bar x's.Old(ish) couple in their forties.The guy had the 20p on the fish gut, god he wasnt half subtle.Had to say something to him,as i kept turning round and staring at him as he racked up the credits.Cant quite remember how the conversation went .A case of you do what you gotta do and thats that !

#5 mikey95

mikey95

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 221 posts

Posted 04 April 2004 - 11:18 PM

[quote="ziggy"]Believe it or not people are still strimming away to date.

Old machines mind you.

Quite funny.I actually saw someone doing it on some old bar x's.Old(ish) couple in their forties.The guy had the 20p on the fish gut, god he wasnt half subtle.Had to say something to him,as i kept turning round and staring at him as he racked up the credits.Cant quite remember how the conversation went .A case of you do what you gotta do and thats that ![/

NEVER!!! Strimming doesn't work anymore on electronic coin mechs, and is very rarely seen nowadays. Most modern fruit machines incorporate a strim alarm and even older ones will not accept "fish gut" the guy who owned these machines deserves to get ripped off (and thats from someone who is in the industry)

:wink:
Ex leisurelink engineer
A reformed character!!!!

#6 ziggy

ziggy

• Regulars
  • 662 posts

Posted 05 April 2004 - 12:19 AM

Mikey, i can assure you if the mech has an orange reject button directly below the coin insert ( ala old bar x cabs) then they are liable to fraud.

You should know this if your in the "industry".Saying that, if your working for L.L then they aint gonna have any of those mech's now are they !

You must be nieve to think this doesnt still occur on machines.New or old.

Not a pop at you personally but i do know what goes on too from the another side of the glass .

#7 mikey95

mikey95

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 221 posts

Posted 12 April 2004 - 08:58 PM

we generally have up to date machines and don't operate the older bar x variants (although we do have some newer gala ones)
Strimming tends not to be a problem for us but emptiers and bugs in software are, theres a difference.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Ex leisurelink engineer
A reformed character!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users