over the back?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 holdthesevens

holdthesevens

• New Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 March 2004 - 10:45 PM

i would just like to know what the term "over the back means"? I have been playing machines for about a year now and just discovered emu a couple of months ago,and i have never heard the term b4 coming on this site,.........could sum1 help plz?

#2 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 28 March 2004 - 08:24 AM

You've been playing machines for that long and don't know what 'over/round the back' means? Jeeezzzzzzz.....

Well, seeing as how it won't give you any real advantage, I'll tell you :)

A modern [pub] machine has a hopper for paying out £1 coins, and when full, it holds £125. When the hopper is full, the £1 coins fall into the cashbox at the bottom of the machines, normally quite easy to judge when this happens as instead of a little 'crashing' noise made when the coin falls into the hopper, about half way up the front glass on the machine, the coin can be heard bouncing in the cashbox, right at the bottom of the machine.

'Round the back', a.k.a Backing, Cascading, and many other terms, means that the machines hopper is full, and it is accepted by many that if the hopper is full, the machine has claimed back any £1 coins paid out since the last streak/JP, e.t.c. Unfortunately, it doesn't necessarily mean that the machine has to pay out. Most modern machines are known to take say £100 round the back before paying a streak of say £60>£75. Also, with the advent of Note Changers, which take coins out of the/a hopper, as long as you use the changer, the machine will NOT take any around the back. This isn't to say it affects it's chances of payout though!

I think that'll do from me, basically, if a machine is taking £1s round the back, it is by no means a BAD sign, but doesn't mean the machine will play any better.

BarcrestBenito
Ben

Hopefully recovering from years of compulsive gambling and wanting to be gamble free forever.

Recommended reading - http://www.gamblersaloud.com/ (yes, I bought the book, very happy with it!)

#3 Zoltar

Zoltar

Former Fat Bastard.....

• Gold Supporters
  • 1810 posts

Posted 28 March 2004 - 12:20 PM

Quite a few newer machines have emerged that take advantage of the not so clued up punter who thinks that a machine is ready to pay out due to coins falling through to the cash box. I've heard one or two rumours that some machines throw every second coin down the back. Rumours that some even send the first 5 coins down the back, fooling people into thinking a machine is full.

Also, many arcades tend to refill a machine that has just dropped it's guts. This again gives you the impression the machine is actually full as the coins also go to the cashpot. This little move of theirs alone, would cause the machine to be played more often, due to backing yet the machine's pay cycle remains the same. So in short, a machine that appears full and ready to drop is in fact still running as though it's empty.

Always remember that backing only shows wether a machine maybe full or not and not a sign of an impending high payout.
Posted Image

#4 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 28 March 2004 - 02:56 PM

I've heard one or two rumours that some machines throw every second coin down the back. Rumours that some even send the first 5 coins down the back, fooling people into thinking a machine is full.

I think that most Red Gaming machines take the first £5 around the back, although not always - probably only when the hopper is at sat 3/4 full and above.

I've also found that most of the machines I play these days [mainly BFM and Mazooma] play better when NOT backing - perhaps having a full hopper encourages them to streak?

BarcrestBenito
Ben

Hopefully recovering from years of compulsive gambling and wanting to be gamble free forever.

Recommended reading - http://www.gamblersaloud.com/ (yes, I bought the book, very happy with it!)

#5 mikey95

mikey95

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 221 posts

Posted 04 April 2004 - 11:41 PM

Quite a few newer machines have emerged that take advantage of the not so clued up punter who thinks that a machine is ready to pay out due to coins falling through to the cash box. I've heard one or two rumours that some machines throw every second coin down the back. Rumours that some even send the first 5 coins down the back, fooling people into thinking a machine is full.

Also, many arcades tend to refill a machine that has just dropped it's guts. This again gives you the impression the machine is actually full as the coins also go to the cashpot. This little move of theirs alone, would cause the machine to be played more often, due to backing yet the machine's pay cycle remains the same. So in short, a machine that appears full and ready to drop is in fact still running as though it's empty.

Always remember that backing only shows wether a machine maybe full or not and not a sign of an impending high payout.

Not true! gowever some unscruoulous engineers may set the float to £125 thus ensuring that the coins drop into the cashbox whether the machine is full or not (wouldn't know coz i've never done it, just guessing)

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Ex leisurelink engineer
A reformed character!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users