52 replies to this topic

#1 Irvster

Irvster

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 199 posts

Posted 25 March 2004 - 06:56 PM

Hi all,

Out of interest what do people think is the best IM that they have seen on a fruitie? One of my favourites is on Crazy fruits were you would have to be deaf and blind to miss all the flashing lights,loud samples and of course the MAD FOR IT on the alpha display...similarly what is the worst IM you have come across...one that maybe a casual pub goer might miss?

Irvster '04'
"Ya wanna hold all 3 mate, press cancel, hold em all again, cancel and ,.....well you should get JP!!!"Posted Image
Posted Image
WE WERE THE CHAMPIONS........CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE....'5'......!!

#2 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 25 March 2004 - 07:08 PM

One that can't be missed IMHO is on Manic Streak Features, where the middle of the machine, and all of the streak squares on the trail, go red. Monty Python was good, with flashing logo, and 'No-one Expacts the Spanish Inquisition!'

Can't think of any IMs that are really hard to spot - unless you mean Homers Meltdown with the RED lamps taken out - trust me, loads of machines have the red lamps blown these days!

Spose that King Kebab could be missed by some, seeing as how all that happens, I think [but can't remember], is that on feature entry it says 'Go For it Donna!', and the blokes eyes go red.

BarcrestBenito
Ben

Hopefully recovering from years of compulsive gambling and wanting to be gamble free forever.

Recommended reading - http://www.gamblersaloud.com/ (yes, I bought the book, very happy with it!)

#3 PJ

PJ

Condom Testing Department

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 25 March 2004 - 08:38 PM

Come on - what about Spiker the Biker - who'd have noticed the flashing eyes when he says 'here we go' - I thought I was the only one who'd noticed that back in 2000, and I kept it all to myself, smug c*** that I was... :p
Winning is not a crime...

NEITHER IS SWEARING!!!

#4 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 25 March 2004 - 09:00 PM

Lol, good old Spiker - shame the eye bulb has has gone in mine - and I don't want to take out the lamp driver board just for 1 bulb! Might get changed later on :)

BarcrestBenito
Ben

Hopefully recovering from years of compulsive gambling and wanting to be gamble free forever.

Recommended reading - http://www.gamblersaloud.com/ (yes, I bought the book, very happy with it!)

#5 raverpat

raverpat

Retired punter of 16 years

• Regulars
  • 233 posts

Posted 25 March 2004 - 10:31 PM

Some club machines have fairly hard to spot IM modes too. I remember Club Cyclone use to say 'watch out its a cyclone' before the feature started, if your back was turned or you were otherwise distracted you might miss it.
Let's smash Partytime.

#6 colins_mini

colins_mini

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 March 2004 - 10:47 PM

hi i am a newbie but i have to say that out of all the invinceable modes im's i have had the ones from the red gaming machines have been the worst resulting in losing on more than one occasion. :evil:

#7 LiamsLocks

LiamsLocks

• New Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 25 March 2004 - 11:56 PM

but surely you know on spiker that if you get a mystery first go anyway its an IM, so you don't need the eyes to flash really.

Although if you dunno that a mystery first spin = IM then thats hard to spot i guess.

#8 PJ

PJ

Condom Testing Department

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 26 March 2004 - 08:48 AM

hi i am a newbie but i have to say that out of all the invinceable modes im's i have had the ones from the red gaming machines have been the worst resulting in losing on more than one occasion. :evil:

What about Pacman Plus - the IM on that can still force you to Collect Prize from a question...BOY was I pissed off!!! :x :evil: :cry:
Winning is not a crime...

NEITHER IS SWEARING!!!

#9 martinmeu

martinmeu

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 289 posts

Posted 26 March 2004 - 12:14 PM

on the subject of im modes does anyone know if you get im mode on neptunes treasure when you land on a question mark it always gives you skill stop if you were to hit game over would this kill you?

#10 ste__y2k

ste__y2k

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 March 2004 - 12:26 PM

it would kill you but u would get straight back on the board wit a im again,

#11 martinmeu

martinmeu

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 289 posts

Posted 26 March 2004 - 01:11 PM

interesting cheers mate.

#12 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 26 March 2004 - 02:48 PM

Weird, I didn't think it did that :S

Spiker doesn't, when you hit the Game Over or somehow cock up along those lines, it says game over, all the lights goes down, and then all come back again and it says 'INVINCIBLE!' on the display. I thought that those Monty and Clones has a similar system, something like laughing when you land on the Game Over when IM?

Yeah, Spiker is quite obviously on an IM even when though I can't see the flashing eyes on mine :(

BarcrestBenito
Ben

#13 Jaz

Jaz

• New Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 29 March 2004 - 05:54 PM

Has anyone come across a modern machine that doesn't have a visible IM?

I know of 1, Bank Raid/Note Runner (Extreme Gaming I think).
If you force the machine you'll eventually be let on the top feature, but
I've never seen a visible clue that the machine is invinsible.

#14 cambridgecableguy

cambridgecableguy

• New Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 29 March 2004 - 07:52 PM

Hi all,

Out of interest what do people think is the best IM that they have seen on a fruitie? One of my favourites is on Crazy fruits were you would have to be deaf and blind to miss all the flashing lights,loud samples and of course the MAD FOR IT on the alpha display...similarly what is the worst IM you have come across...one that maybe a casual pub goer might miss?

Irvster '04'

I got to admit the one that i like the most is the "guaranteed jackpot" on Club PCB....no better feeling on any fruity than when the title starts flashing on entry to the feature board.....especially when you're trying to redeem yourself after doing ur conkers in it !!!

#15 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 29 March 2004 - 08:37 PM

I got to admit the one that i like the most is the "guaranteed jackpot" on Club PCB....no better feeling on any fruity than when the title starts flashing on entry to the feature board.....especially when you're trying to redeem yourself after doing ur conkers in it !!!

I never expected a clubber to have an IM - bloody hell!

Any other clubber IMs out there that people have come across?

BarcrestBenito
Ben

#16 cambridgecableguy

cambridgecableguy

• New Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 29 March 2004 - 10:39 PM

[quote name='BarcrestBenito][quote']I got to admit the one that i like the most is the "guaranteed jackpot" on Club PCB....no better feeling on any fruity than when the title starts flashing on entry to the feature board.....especially when you're trying to redeem yourself after doing ur conkers in it !!![/quote]

I never expected a clubber to have an IM - bloody hell!

Any other clubber IMs out there that people have come across?

BarcrestBenito[/quote]

The only other one i know of is Big Brother club...which is another barcrest and it basically has the same layout and feautues as PCB (extra zones etc etc...)....

#17 Richard

Richard

• New Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 30 March 2004 - 09:37 AM

club machine im's for you barcrest benito -

bigbrother, pcb, clubsandwich ( all clones ), temple of treasure/royalexchngae ( although its hidden lol ), cyclone, dracula club, monty python club,

basically just crests, nearly all of them do apart from goldendragon ( well I havent had it ) perhaps there's a hidden one. The older barcrests dont though only mpu5 unfortunately, and if anyone wonders if you hit game over on a club machine im, it does come back the next board, I finally had the guts to do it the other day lol.

#18 raverpat

raverpat

• Regulars
  • 233 posts

Posted 30 March 2004 - 02:31 PM

And (as I did mention earlier) Club Cyclone has an IM mode too.

Some BFM club machines dont have IM modes but give you a clue that they are going to do the big one. When you exchange for a feature, or start a feature, before it spins the reels it will give a BIG delay, maybe ten or more seconds, almost as if it has frozen. This means that the machine is not far from doing a pot. Club Legionairre does this, as does Club Juicy Fruits.
Let's smash Partytime.

#19 raverpat

raverpat

• Regulars
  • 233 posts

Posted 30 March 2004 - 02:34 PM

Cant believe you threw an IM mode on a clubber Richard - my hero!
Thought about doing this myself on Drac and PCB before, but never had the balls to do it.
Let's smash Partytime.

#20 cambridgecableguy

cambridgecableguy

• New Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 30 March 2004 - 10:09 PM

Cant believe you threw an IM mode on a clubber Richard - my hero!
Thought about doing this myself on Drac and PCB before, but never had the balls to do it.

A guy at my local snooker club was playing Club PCB when it started flashing....and instead of doing the norm...he thought i would be quite amusing to collect 1 win spin....imagine his surprise when it threw in 3 cherries !!! (for £3)

Cost him another £20 to get it flashing again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users