- - - - -

MFME 3.2 Emmerdale farm wdx

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_tommy c_*

Guest_tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 September 2009 - 10:57 AM

Well here we have a wdx of sp'aces emmerdale this is the hardest layout i've done yet with loads of problems along the line but finally got there.Not a bad result to say it started with a blank dat file and lots of playing in 3.2 then positioning in 2.0. There is a couple of problems with this one being when you land on amos and you go to the hotton courier you can't read the text on what you land on but nothing could be done about this,but the dot matix tells you what it is.The other being the dot matrix none of the availible ones would fit the layout so pete had to put a small one in because all the others looked bad, so it's better than nothing. Theres also a little random lamp lighting on and off only with the £8 decal though and i've checked it tons of times and it is the correct lamp.The % is set on a very fair 92% so should give a fair game.I would like to thank ploggy for getting the £8 roms running for me and the meter info and other bits and pieces of advice hit the six also for the advice and a big thanks to shiny for the £8 decal he drew for me. Just one more thing this layout runs in mfme v3 only don't try any other as you will get invalid layout this is a 1280 but can be played by all as it runs in v3 only so the layout will be resized.

Shortcuts as normal then

A= hotpot
S= stockpot :)

Attached Files

#2 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 11:34 AM

Thanks for the release gents but....

I know the Matrix was mentioned, but surely an easy fix was to alter the background to fit the Matrix rather than leave it as it stands?.....sorry that looks so amateurish guys.

Also the bottom glass, I had a few beers last night and I thought mabey too many and I was still under the influence....asked my 82yo Dad and he noticed as well...its the image thats pi**ed not me.

Sorry to put a negative on it but I was looking forward to this One, and these Two very simple things lets it down big time in my opinion.

#3 Bandits

Bandits

• Regulars
  • 1124 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 11:45 AM

Thanks to all involved with this layout

#4 RHM

RHM

• Silver Supporters
  • 412 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 12:04 PM

looks very good

#5 Guest_tommy c_*

Guest_tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 September 2009 - 12:19 PM

Thanks for the release gents but....

I know the Matrix was mentioned, but surely an easy fix was to alter the background to fit the Matrix rather than leave it as it stands?.....sorry that looks so amateurish guys.

Also the bottom glass, I had a few beers last night and I thought mabey too many and I was still under the influence....asked my 82yo Dad and he noticed as well...its the image thats pi**ed not me.

Sorry to put a negative on it but I was looking forward to this One, and these Two very simple things lets it down big time in my opinion.

Well thats fair enough but as you put gents i would like to metion i did all the work myself i just got advice on things. As for the bottom glass looking funny you might try remembering this is only my second layout using hardly any tools and the flyer was shit to start with.As for the dot matrix i didn't know it was not gonna fit properly soi what can i say you think it looks shit fair enough at least i spent at least 4 weeks trying to get it in order sorry to dissapoint you!.

#6 Geddy

Geddy

Banned

• Banned
  • 3433 posts

Donator

Posted 13 September 2009 - 12:28 PM

Groovy!

#7 Guest_DAD_*

Guest_DAD_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 September 2009 - 12:34 PM

Nay nay Ady Wilks, t' bottom glass is nowt but a couple of pixels off level. Summat and nowt really!!

#8 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 12:39 PM

lol I see a little sarcasm there tommy.....

I like the layout and there are several know problems with the ROM's running. My comments were made as they are SIMPLE fixes.....and they lessen the impact of the things that can't be corrected...

Jesus mate I take it on the chin if I have constructive comments...and on some of mine I take 4 years lol.

Load the background in Photoshop and distort....3 seconds its straightened....

Well thats fair enough but as you put gents i would like to metion i did all the work myself i just got advice on things. As for the bottom glass looking funny you might try remembering this is only my second layout using hardly any tools and the flyer was shit to start with.As for the dot matrix i didn't know it was not gonna fit properly soi what can i say you think it looks shit fair enough at least i spent at least 4 weeks trying to get it in order sorry to dissapoint you!.

#9 Guest_tommy c_*

Guest_tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 September 2009 - 12:49 PM

lol I see a little sarcasm there tommy.....

I like the layout and there are several know problems with the ROM's running. My comments were made as they are SIMPLE fixes.....and they lessen the impact of the things that can't be corrected...

Jesus mate I take it on the chin if I have constructive comments...and on some of mine I take 4 years lol.

Load the background in Photoshop and distort....3 seconds its straightened....

I knew the dot matix looked odd but i didn't want to go and ask pete to put it in again after i coloured the matrix on the flyer black as he has already done it twice for me once for finding the lamps and then once for the layout.I CAN take it on the chin i'm not sulking i'm just pointing out that i didn't know the dot matrix was gonna turn out like that.As no one metioned the bottom glass being wrtong in my wip i didn't notice the problem the pics were there to be commented on.

#10 westy20040

westy20040

Layout Designer

• Regulars
  • 680 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 12:51 PM

#11 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 01:04 PM

Project Amber 2 - Coming Soon

#12 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 01:06 PM

I knew the dot matix looked odd but i didn't want to go and ask pete to put it in again after i coloured the matrix on the flyer black as he has already done it twice for me once for finding the lamps and then once for the layout.I CAN take it on the chin i'm not sulking i'm just pointing out that i didn't know the dot matrix was gonna turn out like that.As no one metioned the bottom glass being wrtong in my wip i didn't notice the problem the pics were there to be commented on.

Tom, blimey I bother DAD, pete, HTS and numerious others non-stop....I know how you feel but honest mate that how we learn...you needn't worry about that I promise.

Only this week I asked them all some advice, we are a team in creating a hobby for each other.

I love your layout, its an Emu I haven't played before....and if it wasn't for you I wouldn't be today either......I said thanks and I mean it......if I kept my gob shut then how would we improve?......................no way was I 'knocking' you but just Two things that was obvious as soon as I loaded it....

#13 Guest_tommy c_*

Guest_tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 September 2009 - 01:20 PM

Tom, blimey I bother DAD, pete, HTS and numerious others non-stop....I know how you feel but honest mate that how we learn...you needn't worry about that I promise.

Only this week I asked them all some advice, we are a team in creating a hobby for each other.

I love your layout, its an Emu I haven't played before....and if it wasn't for you I wouldn't be today either......I said thanks and I mean it......if I kept my gob shut then how would we improve?......................no way was I 'knocking' you but just Two things that was obvious as soon as I loaded it....

Ok ady thanks for pointing them out i've just dug out the layout before the dot matrix was added and am gonna ask petet if he would add it again as i've painted it black on the flyer.As for the bottom glass i don't know how that would be sorted by distorting the cab as then all the lamps would have to be redone as they would be jumping everywere or would they lol?.

#14 kriss

kriss

Creator Of Stuff

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2735 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 01:25 PM

Cheers Tommy

#15 hitthesix

hitthesix

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3382 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 01:29 PM

Thanks very much for this tommy,yet another one not seen before.
great stuff.

#16 brucegeorge

brucegeorge

Layout Disasters

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1710 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 01:37 PM

Tommy just had a play on this and its a harsh machine but a very good looking machine lamping is great welldone mate i couldnt have done this one

#17 Mr House

Mr House

Sometimes Critical

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 199 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 03:47 PM

Very nice layout and very good effort considering how bad the original source material was meant to have been.

Quick Q - is it possible to see the real flyer or can I download it from somewhere?

Otherwise, could you post a blow up of the Hotton Newspaper that Amos is holding as I cannot see what is being landed on for love nor money.

Many thanks for all the time and effort you've taken into getting this to our screens.

Much better then some of the more recent releases we've seen and apprichated.

#18 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 03:49 PM

As for the bottom glass i don't know how that would be sorted by distorting the cab as then all the lamps would have to be redone as they would be jumping everywere or would they lol?.

Yeah stuck there mate....the lot would need relamping.

#19 Guest_tommy c_*

Guest_tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 September 2009 - 05:52 PM

Very nice layout and very good effort considering how bad the original source material was meant to have been.

Quick Q - is it possible to see the real flyer or can I download it from somewhere?

Otherwise, could you post a blow up of the Hotton Newspaper that Amos is holding as I cannot see what is being landed on for love nor money.

Many thanks for all the time and effort you've taken into getting this to our screens.

Much better then some of the more recent releases we've seen and apprichated.

Heres the original flyer and a blow up of the courier still impossible to read what they say but you can see the red and yellow text. Just another thing i've pmed pete a copy of the layout with the dot matrix on the flyer masked black and asked if he would put the dot matrix in again.

Attached Files

• Attached File  emmer.jpg   163.12KB   25 downloads
  • Attached File  em1.jpg   75.54KB   34 downloads

Edited by tommy c, 13 September 2009 - 05:59 PM.

#20 Geddy

Geddy

Banned

• Banned
  • 3433 posts

Donator

Posted 13 September 2009 - 06:06 PM

Yeah stuck there mate....the lot would need relamping.

Mine is fine I just shoved a couple of beer mats under one side of my monitor..... dead straight now. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users