24 replies to this topic

#1 Reelz

Reelz

• New Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 12:23 AM

Abilities for loading from folder and file names with spaces
Ability to handle thousand of small files
User alt option where to have sav files. So can run from an iso, less wear on hard drive.
Zip file handling for loading everything layouts and roms
Game manager saving
Jpg image loading
Auto resizing
Run any mfme machine released
And more options besides that we need

#2 jamesb99_1999

jamesb99_1999

Designed Layabout

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2176 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 06:50 AM

If you read some old threads you will find out the developers no longer do public releases for mfme, this has been done to death in many threads over the years - look in the archive. To make these suggestions is like suggesting how to improve on black and white television.
J<br /><br /><br /><br />A man

#3 £6 In Tokens

£6 In Tokens

AKA £9 In Vouchers

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2185 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 08:23 AM

As James rightly said, MFME no longer receives any updates. That may change, but not for a while yet.

There are plenty of threads on here to read through why it does not get any updates, mainly due to a MFME leak. I don't think you can read through the old threads at Fruit Forums as there is a new server and the site wasn't backed up (somethings along those lines) which is a shame as you really need to read them and make up your own mind on who and how many are to blame.
"Stay Fit, Keep Sharp, Make Good Decisions"

#4 Guest_barcrest junky_*

Guest_barcrest junky_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 August 2009 - 09:01 AM

Here is a link to the thread over at the Mecca, where it was confirmed there would be no more releases of MFME in the future.

No more MFME releases - The MPU Mecca

bj

#5 Geddy

Geddy

Banned

• Banned
  • 3433 posts

Donator

Posted 30 August 2009 - 11:14 AM

Hehe :D

#6 Reelz

Reelz

• New Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 06:40 AM

So basicaly instead of just booting out one individual it has shot the whole community for many years so far.

Roll on some new emulator that craps over mfme big time. Sorry but one individual should never let a whole project grind to a halt. Easier to expell said person that 'leaked' which ever version was leaked first.

Maybe someday someone at mfme camp will think. Oh heck what the f*** have we done to the scene.

Sorry for any harshness but it was a shot in the wrong direction. That affected us all not having any new mfme versions.

#7 decaff

decaff

Two-Armed Bandit Player

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 174 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 07:50 AM

So basicaly instead of just booting out one individual it has shot the whole community for many years so far.

Roll on some new emulator that craps over mfme big time. Sorry but one individual should never let a whole project grind to a halt. Easier to expell said person that 'leaked' which ever version was leaked first.

Maybe someday someone at mfme camp will think. Oh heck what the f*** have we done to the scene.

Sorry for any harshness but it was a shot in the wrong direction. That affected us all not having any new mfme versions.

Maybe if you took the time to read up on the history and politics of how we came to this pretty pass instead of jumping in and make bold sweeping statements based one week's membership, then you might not find yourself talking out of your arse!

#8 Andy2003

Andy2003

Fruity Veteran-ish

• Regulars
  • 249 posts

Donator

Posted 31 August 2009 - 08:24 AM

I never even relised MFME was a private program!!! Dam! Well at least we have had the pleasure of the one's we have. Also holding out big hopes for Guitar as FMEF is looking promising.

#9 Geddy

Geddy

Banned

• Banned
  • 3433 posts

Donator

Posted 31 August 2009 - 10:27 AM

You cannot start to believe what 'nail hitting on head' you have posted there. Many people have been wondering that for years. I think some people have some quality images of others doing naughties and used them for blackmail, only reason I can think certain folk got away with so much. :undecided:

#10 Reelz

Reelz

• New Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 10:48 AM

Maybe if you took the time to read up on the history and politics of how we came to this pretty pass instead of jumping in and make bold sweeping statements based one week's membership, then you might not find yourself talking out of your arse!

Bring on a new MFME and the new FMEF :D

#11 Zoltar

Zoltar

Former Fat Bastard.....

• Gold Supporters
  • 1810 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 02:16 PM

I'd like a Saturday/Sunday version complete with flip flops, sannies or maybe some of those non-slip tote toasties. Then I wouldn't have to buy shoes when I'm ready for the weekend... likes......
Posted Image

#12 DialTone

DialTone

• New Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 09:38 AM

Bring on a new MFME and the new FMEF :D

FMEF appears to be progressing well. MFME I now consider a "dead duck" as it is almost certain that it will never again be publically updated.

I remember posts from many years ago stating that the scene basically "had the matter in hand" with respect to emulators, and would develop its own in the absence of bfemu/mfme/jpemu, but so far I can virtually count on the fingers of one hand those who are actively involved in this. Quite a disappointment, albeit not at all unexpected.

DT

#13 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 01:53 PM

I dont know exactly when FMEF will be ready, but it will do a lot more with MPU4 than MFME currently does (public versions anyway)

Linked games will be possible but at the moment i only have one complete set of slave and top box roms, so start hunting them out plese peeps.

Dual core is required to run the top box and slave, plus 1 slave per core more than that.

Alternatively linked games can be used over networks so multiple single core computers can run too.

BWB games are getting better every day with regards compatibility. Its 128k games that are suffering failures at the moment so its time to have a good look at them as i believe bank switching is to blame here.

a major debugger update has been going on recently so as to try and get more games running with a nice standardised debugger similar to MFME with extra bits.

Not all BWB games will run at the moment, but its getting there. A few other features will be going in too that were sorely missed out from MFME, (undo?, anybody). Editor will be similar to MFME in operation but with some obvious differences and features to account for the extra options directx provides. All will be explained in the docs/game.

And theres a few easter eggs and surprises going in that no-one knows about yet (not even Magik).

I really cant say how long its all going to take, I would estimate at least a month's work.

Tested compatible with XP, Vista, Windows 7 in 32 and 64 bit configuration.
And an installer will be provided to make it easier to get set up.

And now I go back to the cave to code some more...

Project Amber 2 - Coming Soon

#14 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 01:56 PM

I should also point out that I will accept bottles of Wine, Vodka, Mickey Finns Apple Sourz, cups of tea as a donation. Whilst I cant bring myself to charge for the emu, I do get through a lot of tea / alcohol.

#15 captainhaddock

captainhaddock

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 02:58 PM

I dont know exactly when FMEF will be ready, but it will do a lot more with MPU4 than MFME currently does (public versions anyway)

Linked games will be possible but at the moment i only have one complete set of slave and top box roms, so start hunting them out plese peeps.

Dual core is required to run the top box and slave, plus 1 slave per core more than that.

Alternatively linked games can be used over networks so multiple single core computers can run too.

BWB games are getting better every day with regards compatibility. Its 128k games that are suffering failures at the moment so its time to have a good look at them as i believe bank switching is to blame here.

a major debugger update has been going on recently so as to try and get more games running with a nice standardised debugger similar to MFME with extra bits.

Not all BWB games will run at the moment, but its getting there. A few other features will be going in too that were sorely missed out from MFME, (undo?, anybody). Editor will be similar to MFME in operation but with some obvious differences and features to account for the extra options directx provides. All will be explained in the docs/game.

And theres a few easter eggs and surprises going in that no-one knows about yet (not even Magik).

I really cant say how long its all going to take, I would estimate at least a month's work.

Tested compatible with XP, Vista, Windows 7 in 32 and 64 bit configuration.
And an installer will be provided to make it easier to get set up.

And now I go back to the cave to code some more...

Excellent news! well done so far:)

#16 Yan

Yan

• New Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 03:11 PM

fmef appears to be progressing well. Mfme i now consider a "dead duck" as it is almost certain that it will never again be publically updated.

I remember posts from many years ago stating that the scene basically "had the matter in hand" with respect to emulators, and would develop its own in the absence of bfemu/mfme/jpemu, but so far i can virtually count on the fingers of one hand those who are actively involved in this. Quite a disappointment, albeit not at all unexpected.

Dt

jpemu v3 / epee ???

#17 Geddy

Geddy

Banned

• Banned
  • 3433 posts

Donator

Posted 01 September 2009 - 04:12 PM

jpemu v3 / epee ???

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

#18 DialTone

DialTone

• New Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 06:39 PM

jpemu v3 / epee ???

Jpemu v3 was a work-in-progress and was never completed - I'm pretty sure I had covered that in detail at some point (although that may have been on Fruit[less] Forums). Basically, writing an entire GUI from scratch was far too tedious for the little benefit it would have brought. As such, it too is also a dead duck.

As for EPEE, I think that subject has been fairly well exhausted. All I will add is that the politics surrounding it can only be described as extreme and inevitable, and it doesn't emulate any tech as yet unemulated (to any degree of relevance), although clearly EPOCH was the goal ultimately. As an end-product, it is also a dead duck.

I am not particularly active when it comes to FME development any more - I do still dabble on bits and bobs, and have tried to offer some assistance to those who ask. I have done some work towards producing a modernized update to JPeMu (v4 if you like), but there's nothing of substance worth mentioning at this point - just some disjointed experimental code and some haphazard notes I've built up along the way. One day, perhaps, I'll get around to doing something with it, but for now I lack time, motivation and to some degree direction, not to mention an unwillingness to get roped back into FME politics so aside from the odd bit of tinkering here and there it all remains a mere pipedream for the time being :(

DT

#19 Geddy

Geddy

Banned

• Banned
  • 3433 posts

Donator

Posted 01 September 2009 - 06:54 PM

To be fair there is only 'politics' when people are not being honest with each other and then get caught out in a lie.

For example Guitar from the first step has been open and honest with his project and ZERO controversy has surrounded it. Now the fact there has been no ill 'FME politics' with FMEF is down to one of two reasons... either because of the openness of the coder or the fact the trouble makers have left. (Or a combination of the two..)

#20 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 11:34 AM

To be fair there is only 'politics' when people are not being honest with each other and then get caught out in a lie.

For example Guitar from the first step has been open and honest with his project and ZERO controversy has surrounded it. Now the fact there has been no ill 'FME politics' with FMEF is down to one of two reasons... either because of the openness of the coder or the fact the trouble makers have left. (Or a combination of the two..)

I think its unfair to say ZERO controversy has surrounded FMEF.

First of all, I was told for ages that I couldnt write my own emu, let alone release one. Then there was the people who said VB wasnt fast enough to emulate in. Then the few months where I was berrated for talking to Dural. And even then
I only need someone to accuse me of being a sock account for CW or DT for the full set.

Also, whilst I have been fairly open about things, I can see why people weren't before. Numerous times have I written out an FMEF News thread only to get 1 or 2 posts, not even related posts in some cases.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users