Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 10:59 PM

Working fine here.

Love it for two reasons :

1) It proves beyond a doubt just how bent the game is. I've always known it, as I'm sure many people have, but slowing the actual software down to 25% speed and waiting 40+ seconds with only 3 balls left (any one of which would mean A win) - and the fact this can be consistently repeated, makes me happy.

2) Nova Games / Electrocoin (or are they just the cabinet manufacturers?) are going to be SERIOUSLY MAJOR LEAGUE PI**ED off with this.

Still, if it helps ONE person realise that despite being called 'SKILL', there IS NO SKILL WHATSOEVER UNLESS THE MACHINE IS WILLING TO PAY, and they see realise it's a futile pursuit, it's well worth it.

Many thanks for the original upload, I'll be backing this up before the inevitable legal threats result in it being removed :(
Ben

Hopefully recovering from years of compulsive gambling and wanting to be gamble free forever.

Recommended reading - http://www.gamblersaloud.com/ (yes, I bought the book, very happy with it!)

#42 d0uga1

d0uga1

who put my name up there

• Layout Creator
  • PipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 11:16 PM

it could be the problem if windows vista vbscript.dll is not registered in the system todo this follow these steps below

Open an elevated Command Prompt. To do so, click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as Administrator. Type the following command and press ENTER.

regsvr32 vbscript.dll

always on the scrounge for freebies.

#43 garyshandling

garyshandling

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 11:22 PM

How do you slow it down then? Eager to test it out for myself

Cheers

#44 Matty.N

Matty.N

• Regulars
  • 3111 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 11:25 PM

it could be the problem if windows vista vbscript.dll is not registered in the system todo this follow these steps below

no luck for me >.>

#45 Matty.N

Matty.N

• Regulars
  • 3111 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 11:48 PM

i give up

giving me another error on ME but cant see it as i cant exit fullscreen

will try installing the divx codec on xp 2moz

#46 d0uga1

d0uga1

who put my name up there

• Layout Creator
  • PipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 12:50 AM

if you put xp on your machine and put skill bingo on the desktop it sould work ok

If you carnt put xp on ya machine then it probably not gonna work
always on the scrounge for freebies.

#47 stevedude2

stevedude2

• Regulars
  • 1043 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 07:24 AM

It proves beyond a doubt just how bent the game is. I've always known it, as I'm sure many people have, but slowing the actual software down to 25% speed and waiting 40+ seconds with only 3 balls left (any one of which would mean A win) - and the fact this can be consistently repeated, makes me happy.

Still, if it helps ONE person realise that despite being called 'SKILL', there IS NO SKILL WHATSOEVER UNLESS THE MACHINE IS WILLING TO PAY, and they see realise it's a futile pursuit, it's well worth it.

Shock! Horror! Call the police! A gaming machine is rigged to take your money! ;)

The tournament mode is probably not rigged though, as you're competing with other players around the country.
Watch out! There's a SIG thief about...

#48 Guest_tommy c_*

Guest_tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 August 2009 - 08:19 AM

tommyc i know its a bit of a dumb question but are you running as administrator on bot the platformemulator and skillballbingo.exe.

also i found this regarding registering dlls on vista

also for those that may still be having problems with the mswinsck.ocx on winxp i have uploaded a small exe file i created using vb6 that will register and also unregister that file. makesure to put it in the skillballbingo dir for it to work or youll get a file not found error.

Yeah run em as administrator and still getting the error 429.

#49 Gazeyre1966

Gazeyre1966

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3001 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 09:17 AM

It proves beyond a doubt just how bent the game is. I've always known it, as I'm sure many people have, but slowing the actual software down to 25% speed and waiting 40+ seconds with only 3 balls left (any one of which would mean A win) - and the fact this can be consistently repeated, makes me happy.

Works perfectly for me, but plays waaaaaaaaaaay too fast. How do you get it to slow down then Ben? :huh:
<span style='font-family: Comic Sans MS'><span style='font-size: 12px;'>It's all done in the best possible taste. :bigeyes04:</span></span>

#50 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 09:42 AM

Shock! Horror! Call the police! A gaming machine is rigged to take your money! ;)

The tournament mode is probably not rigged though, as you're competing with other players around the country.

No, you are missing my point Steve.

1) The Jackpot mode has NO value at all unless the compensator will allow a jackpot win. You know as well as I do (from having worked in an arcade with 4 standalone units) that many players are 'lured in' by the concept of a huge display shouting JACKPOT GAME!! - when in effect, the jackpot is 100% not achievable. Not even a SMALL chance. NO CHANCE. You wouldn't allow a Fruit Machine (AWP) to do the same, would you? Shout 'JACKPOT GAME!' at the beginning of feature entry, then kill on the first gamble? Obviously not.

2) Not only is the jackpot blocked, but ANY WIN AT ALL is blocked, as I said above with my example of there being 3 balls left for the last 30/40 seconds, none of which would drop into the 'chute'. People are misled - Skill has nothing to do with it (well, OK, you have the skill in knowing how to press a 'reject' or 'accept' button), but that ultimately has NO impact on the end result if the compensator(s) are not ready.

Christ, I used to see children playing these bloody things. Many of them just don't understand how bent the industry is. I don't think they can get their heads around the idea of a bingo machine, with the name SKILL in it's title, ripping them off.

As someone who worked in the arcade industry, and was expected to 'protect children and the vulnerable from gambling', it's a bit f**king difficult when the industry churns out machines that only people like ourselves KNOW are rigged, and are intentionally designed to deceive people.

I think it's about time they dropped the bullsh*t SWP category altogether, seeing as how practically no modern 'SWP' machine actually involves player skill. Also, I think the following would be a good start :

1) No SWP has to show target %age. Why not? Because every time I tell someone that an SWP is set to 30% payout, they can't believe it's that low. Check out the Deal or No Deal from the IND:E set, that's hard coded to 30% so even the operator can't change it.

I reckon players are entitled to see what the odds are - they are already displayed on all other category of gaming device (AWP, B2, B3, B4 e.t.c.).

2) I honestly believe that if an AWP has to state that 'THIS MACHINE MAY OFFER A PLAYER A CHOICE WITH NO CHANCE OF SUCCESS', then at least the same should apply to SWP machines. After all, many realised that AWP machines were bent for years, but how many knew that the Bulleye SWP would jump off every cash value because even though you got the end round, you were blocked from winning any cash prize?

I believe that all SWPs should have to state, clearly, to the player that although the game may involve a skill element, that the actual outcome of the game is decided by a compensator, in the same way as an AWP - similar to the 'THIS MACHINE IS COMPENSATED' sticker / warning, but also perhaps something like :

'This machine offers games of skill, however at times it may not offer the player the chance to win'... something like that.

I reckon this is all the more necessary now that SWP machines are flooding into take-aways, e.t.c - areas which always seem to have a younger playing age - and games which again, appear to children and the vulnerable to offer rewards for player skill, when infact the result is predetermined.

I could probably think of more, but I'll jump off my high-horse for a minute and see what other contributions people lay on the table (obviously at least one person will call me some rude name and tell me that machines don't need any more stickers or warnings :p)

Edited by Closed Loop, 27 August 2009 - 09:47 AM.

Ben

Hopefully recovering from years of compulsive gambling and wanting to be gamble free forever.

Recommended reading - http://www.gamblersaloud.com/ (yes, I bought the book, very happy with it!)

#51 cardie

cardie

Me Gusta

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3431 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 11:37 AM

as ive said the software was designed to run on win 98 and 2000/me .... still why cant microsoft bother to develop vista with all this codec and .dll files in vista as well .... they obviously work on any other OS

My Youtube

Posted Image

Rest in peace Barcrest !

Quit Gambling as of 3rd of March 2012

#52 Matty.N

Matty.N

• Regulars
  • 3111 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 03:08 PM

vista - runtime error 429
xp (emulated) - runtime error 5
ME (emulated) unknown error but guessing error 5

#53 cardie

cardie

Me Gusta

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3431 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 06:57 PM

it does run in anything from 98 to xp just not vista and cannot work out why

My Youtube

Posted Image

Rest in peace Barcrest !

Quit Gambling as of 3rd of March 2012

#54 Zoltar

Zoltar

Former Fat Bastard.....

• Gold Supporters
  • 1810 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 09:17 PM

Working fine here.

Love it for two reasons :

1) It proves beyond a doubt just how bent the game is. I've always known it, as I'm sure many people have, but slowing the actual software down to 25% speed and waiting 40+ seconds with only 3 balls left (any one of which would mean A win) - and the fact this can be consistently repeated, makes me happy.

2) Nova Games / Electrocoin (or are they just the cabinet manufacturers?) are going to be SERIOUSLY MAJOR LEAGUE PI**ED off with this.

Many thanks for the original upload, I'll be backing this up before the inevitable legal threats result in it being removed :(

Hows you slow it down fella? I've played this a few times in the arcade but besides the so called 'random £5' ball, I've only ever had the odd £1 win here and there. Never 2 lines or 3. And certainly never the jackpot.
Posted Image

#55 Matty.N

Matty.N

• Regulars
  • 3111 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 09:26 PM

Hows you slow it down fella? I've played this a few times in the arcade but besides the so called 'random £5' ball, I've only ever had the odd £1 win here and there. Never 2 lines or 3. And certainly never the jackpot.

well i played it on my old laptop (450mhz processor & 128mb ram) running xp

& it took about 8 seconds per ingame second

#56 LEEHAM

LEEHAM

• New Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 12:06 AM

Thanks for uploading:)

The game almost works, however a lot of the screen is purple and you can't see the bingo card. If you hover over a part of the screen that's purple with the Sonar 5 circle you can see what's underneath:)

I using XP Pro with a Radeon HD3850 graphics card.

Any ideas??

Attached Files

LEEHAM

#57 Matty.N

Matty.N

• Regulars
  • 3111 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 12:09 AM

Thanks for uploading:)

The game almost works, however a lot of the screen is purple and you can't see the bingo card. If you hover over a part of the screen that's purple with the Sonar 5 circle you can see what's underneath:)

I using XP Pro with a Radeon HD3850 graphics card.

Any ideas??

GFX Card issue

someone i know has issues with ATI cards and older pc games

this is designed for Win 98/ME/2000 so could explain it

try older driver revisions

#58 Zoltar

Zoltar

Former Fat Bastard.....

• Gold Supporters
  • 1810 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 04:04 PM

Works a treat for me. WinXP, GeForce GTS 250 1GB. Followed the instructions in the first post to this thread and it works. There are the odd 'Runtime Errors' that come up but these are few and far between. So you get a good amount of games out of it. I presume theres a built in memory recording wins and losses. I say this as I got a £6 win for 2 lines and it changed the bingo card and it remembers that when launched again.
Posted Image

#59 Mavroz

Mavroz

odd job man...

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 06:23 PM

Works spot on for me too, running windows xp.

#60 bladefan2

bladefan2

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • Pip
  • 321 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 08:35 PM

i have it working too -

- but -

- it runs extremely slowly - every time I run it -

probably about 4 seconds per 1 second speed

any ideas on how to increase the speed?

I can supply a quick 2 second video if any one needs to see what I'm experiencing.

In all the times I've run it - as people in this thread have said - I have about 45 seconds left and just ONE of the three balls required for a one-line win - and none of them will drop in at all - none of them !!! :realmad:

Has ANYONE won a line yet? Or is it just impossible with this particular release?!? :eek:

cheers
Jay

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users