• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Matt1975

Matt1975

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 187 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 04:20 PM

I ask this as my machine is set at £100j/p and has a float of £230.00. I assumed that once the machine knew there was £230 in the hopper the next £1 coin would drop to the bottom, but it didnt?? Instead it went in the hopper, as did the next three.

I then pressed the top up button and it confirmed that it was topped up, put another £1 in and that went in the hopper too!!

Is something wrong with it or does it require more £1's in the hopper than the manual stated.

#2 fruitsnappa

fruitsnappa

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1304 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 04:57 PM

Don't think it would be £230, more like £250? If it accepts notes it will be more. What's the machine?

#3 cardie

cardie

Me Gusta

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3431 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 05:02 PM

if its 100 jackpot then the float will be 250 or 300 if it supports 250 jackpots

ur float musnt be set right

My Youtube

Posted Image

Rest in peace Barcrest !

Quit Gambling as of 3rd of March 2012

#4 Matt1975

Matt1975

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 187 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 05:23 PM

if its 100 jackpot then the float will be 250 or 300 if it supports 250 jackpots

ur float musnt be set right

I have the original manual and it says the float is £230, also when put the refill key in it wont take any more than that via the refill key. But, when I put more £1 coins in they go into the hopper and not the bottom.

This is puzzling me as I thought they would drop to the bottom??

The machine is a £250jp "What's Up Doc" set to the £100 j/p

#5 cardie

cardie

Me Gusta

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3431 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 05:26 PM

that mus be wrong

you wudnt have a 250 jp with a 230 float

My Youtube

Posted Image

Rest in peace Barcrest !

#6 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 05:30 PM

As a rule of thumb, when you press hopper top up, it does exactly that and any other coin will goto the bottom

there are exeptions to the rule -

red gaming - some have what can only be described as an anti player mode that puts coins in the bottom even after you just treble jackpotted it.

barcrest b3s - you can specify whatever float you want i.e. £500-900 but also specify how much you want the hopper to hold, i.e. £500 float but £900 full float = another £400 in coing to take.

#7 Matt1975

Matt1975

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 187 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 05:34 PM

that mus be wrong

you wudnt have a 250 jp with a 230 float

It is only set to the £100 j/p though.

Heres what it has in the manual

j/p £75, £100 - float £230
j/p £150 - float £280
j/p £200, £250 - float £330

It is deffo set to the £100 j/p but why do the coins keep going to the hopper after the £230?

#8 cardie

cardie

Me Gusta

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3431 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 07:50 PM

It is only set to the £100 j/p though.

Heres what it has in the manual

j/p £75, £100 - float £230
j/p £150 - float £280
j/p £200, £250 - float £330

It is deffo set to the £100 j/p but why do the coins keep going to the hopper after the £230?

dump the hopper then fill it back up

if it dumps 230 coins the coin mech will send coins down the back if not put however much it needs till the floast is at 230

My Youtube

Posted Image

Rest in peace Barcrest !

#9 Matt1975

Matt1975

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 187 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 09:00 PM

dump the hopper then fill it back up

if it dumps 230 coins the coin mech will send coins down the back if not put however much it needs till the floast is at 230

Ok, something must be wrong.

I dumped the coins, it dumped £230.

Then the start button was flashing with "dump excess" I press start and another £31 is in it!!

I manually load the coins in the hopper (£229 quid worth) then press the top up button. It then confirms it thinks there is £230. I then take the refill key out and put a £1 in and it goes in the **** hopper!! Why is it doing this?? Why isnt it dropping to the bottom??

I know it knows there is £230 as whn i turn the refill key and try to use the refill £1 coins they go staight through to the payout tray.

So why when I play in regular play does it go to the hopper?

#10 voodoomau5

voodoomau5

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 09:07 PM

check all the plugs on the coin mech are plugged in properly

#11 Matt1975

Matt1975

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 187 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 09:31 PM

check all the plugs on the coin mech are plugged in properly

Ive just gone and checked that and all the plugs seem to be in fine.

I just stumped as to whats wrong with it, although it wouldnt take much to stump me to be honest.

If the refill key is in and it will not let me refill past £230 I cannot understand why when in play it carrys on filling the hopper. It really ***** me off!!

#12 voodoomau5

voodoomau5

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 09:37 PM

Ive just gone and checked that and all the plugs seem to be in fine.

I just stumped as to whats wrong with it, although it wouldnt take much to stump me to be honest.

If the refill key is in and it will not let me refill past £230 I cannot understand why when in play it carrys on filling the hopper. It really ***** me off!!

Maybe it's doing the excess amount on purpose, say it might have to take in £50 quid excess as well as the £230 float. Best bet is if you have about 400 quid in coins on you then just put em in till they go over the back and if they don't then hit the bugger. :lol:

#13 Matt1975

Matt1975

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 187 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 09:40 PM

Maybe it's doing the excess amount on purpose, say it might have to take in £50 quid excess as well as the £230 float. Best bet is if you have about 400 quid in coins on you then just put em in till they go over the back and if they don't then hit the bugger. :lol:

I am hoping it is doing it on purpose, although I havent got £50 in £1s to test the theory out yet!!

However, I fear the worst, there is something wrong with it.

#14 cardie

cardie

Me Gusta

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3431 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 09:43 PM

because it needs to fill the hopper first

My Youtube

Posted Image

Rest in peace Barcrest !

#15 Nudgeman

Nudgeman

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 11:12 PM

It sounds like a routing problem.

Do 5ps/10ps/20ps/50ps drop to the bottom? Assuming none of those are paid out as prizes.

If so, you need to clean the morgue comms running to the main mech unit. If you have a voltmeter, check the potential of all loom cabling coming from the Scorp main board to the distributor unit. You may have dud wiring on a negative feedback loop, 0=fill, 1=drop.

If a hopper 'overfills' it's not catestrophic, but if you've topped up, it should start dropping. I assume all the door switches work? It may just be an alignment of the actual routing unit, check positioning with manual. Does the coin feed sound any different when 'full' to when 'not full'? If so, it's a physical problem, if not, most likely electrical.

I'm assuming What's up Doc? is Scorpion 4. If so, there are a few engineers who will talk you through basic route/comm procedures and how to build your own temp-comms (type 'A's) transitional relocators on the refractory unit.

The float is up to you. You can have a £1 float if you wish, so that it drops when just £1 is in the hopper.
@_!!

#16 Matt1975

Matt1975

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 187 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 05:21 PM

It sounds like a routing problem.

Do 5ps/10ps/20ps/50ps drop to the bottom? Assuming none of those are paid out as prizes.

If so, you need to clean the morgue comms running to the main mech unit. If you have a voltmeter, check the potential of all loom cabling coming from the Scorp main board to the distributor unit. You may have dud wiring on a negative feedback loop, 0=fill, 1=drop.

If a hopper 'overfills' it's not catestrophic, but if you've topped up, it should start dropping. I assume all the door switches work? It may just be an alignment of the actual routing unit, check positioning with manual. Does the coin feed sound any different when 'full' to when 'not full'? If so, it's a physical problem, if not, most likely electrical.

I'm assuming What's up Doc? is Scorpion 4. If so, there are a few engineers who will talk you through basic route/comm procedures and how to build your own temp-comms (type 'A's) transitional relocators on the refractory unit.

The float is up to you. You can have a £1 float if you wish, so that it drops when just £1 is in the hopper.

Hi,

Thanks for your detailed reply, although some has gone completely over my head.

1. What is the "Morgue Comms"

2.Ive checked the routing plug with that of the manual and it is nothing like it, there arent enough wires.

Also under the routing confic diagram there are numbers

7-8, 8-15, 13-12 What are these?

#17 Zoltar

Zoltar

Former Fat Bastard.....

• Gold Supporters
  • 1810 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 07:07 PM

Would it be possible, that the machine has a different set of roms than those that were in it when the manual was written. Thus the float limits are no longer what is written.

I'd be more inclined to think this is how the machine runs instead of thinking theres a problem.

And what does 'float' really mean? Is it to totally fill the machine with coins until it takes no more in the tubes/hoppers? Or to fill the machine up to a pre-specified minimum of coins in order for the game to operate correctly?

Are float levels and full levels different?
Posted Image

#18 Matt1975

Matt1975

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 187 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 07:14 PM

Would it be possible, that the machine has a different set of roms than those that were in it when the manual was written. Thus the float limits are no longer what is written.

I'd be more inclined to think this is how the machine runs instead of thinking theres a problem.

And what does 'float' really mean? Is it to totally fill the machine with coins until it takes no more in the tubes/hoppers? Or to fill the machine up to a pre-specified minimum of coins in order for the game to operate correctly?

Are float levels and full levels different?

The reason I think it's not right is that it only ever thinks there is £230 in even if there is £270 in it, then if i get a £5 win, it shows short by £5 once it has that it wont let you fill it with a refill key.

#19 Fruity_Goodness

Fruity_Goodness

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 236 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 08:08 PM

When do the £1s drop to the bottom?

Ah, I know this this one. The answer is "When the fruitie's about to drop it's fecking guts!"
He who wrestles with a turd will be beshitted whether he fall under it or over it.

#20 Nudgeman

Nudgeman

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 10:04 PM

Sorry, morgue comms is just barney slang for one way passive/non exchanging comms porting.
As for positioning you will see black tubing flared at end which will lead to opening in various hoppers/drop to box.
I can do macro photos of my EPOCH but I'm not sure exactly what mech you're using and it may be different. I see Lukey has done a picture, if you're still stuck I'll pop up some photos, only other thing is cranky EPROMS I guess, maybe someone who does this for a living can help out more?
@_!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users