• 1 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 12:39 PM

Whats the lcd meter for on a fruit machine

#2 Guest_tommy c_*

Guest_tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 August 2009 - 12:58 PM

Whats the lcd meter for on a fruit machine

So the machine can keep tracks of what goes in and what goes out so it can run at it's set %

#3 Dougsta

Dougsta

Stampede!

• Silver Supporters
  • 806 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 01:14 PM

I think he might mean the LCD display on the front of the machine, near the coinslot. If so, I believe it is a refill meter, to track how many coins have been inserted in refill mode. It is completely meaningless to the player.

#4 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 05:31 PM

Yeah, the landlord of a local pub asked me this a few days ago.

It measures, in 10p units (so £1 inserted increases the meter by 10), the amount of money that the machine has been refilled by. It only goes up if the machine is refilled using the 'refloat key', an electrical switch which you put a key into a turn.

I'd say it's sometimes worth paying attention to it - especially if you play in a pub - as it shows if the machine is being refilled at night. If it is, then why? It could be so that the machine is always 'backing', to encourage people to play it, as the player will assume the machine is ready to pay.
Ben

Hopefully recovering from years of compulsive gambling and wanting to be gamble free forever.

Recommended reading - http://www.gamblersaloud.com/ (yes, I bought the book, very happy with it!)

#5 magpie

magpie

• New Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 07:32 PM

Thanks for that bencrest, ive always wondered but never thought to ask. :notworthy:

#6 gambogaz1

gambogaz1

• Regulars
  • 612 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 10:36 PM

Yeah if you have a pub that refills daily it's well worth keeping an eye on the refill counter.
You go in on a monday and it reads 0 then go back on friday and it reads 400 then it's only had £40 of wins in 4 days play or paid out change from notes, but you do know It's either not paid big or it's paid big but recouped it's money before the end of the day.

#7 Guest_tommy c_*

Guest_tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 August 2009 - 06:59 AM

then it's only had £40 of wins in 4 days play or paid out change from notes, but you do know It's either not paid big or it's paid big but recouped it's money before the end of the day.

oh can pub bandits actually pay £40 out;)

#8 >_>

>_>

Shifty

• New Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 10:05 AM

One of our red machines has a 5 on the end of the amount.. I don't get it as it only has a £1 hopper. Also if you refill the machine with the door open the meter does not show any sign of being refiled (At least all with the 3 machines i have access too, 2 bfm, 1 red.. refill key doesn't work on my bar x..)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users