Crafty Landlord

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 gavafcb

gavafcb

• New Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 04:19 PM

I was in my local last nite and i watched a couple of blokes put the best part of 100 quid in the machines,and got next to nothing out! As is was nearly closing time the barman would not change any more money for the machines. The blokes were a bit upset because of the amount of money they had put in and wanted a chance to get some of their money back,the barman said come back first thing and you can carry on.Well i was invited to stay for a late drink! The landlord and his wife came down with a pot of pound coins and started playing the machines within 10 minutes they had ripped the arse out of them taking about 140 out of them.The next thing amazed me he opened the machine and filled it till it was backing again then shut it up! Today i went in at opening time and sure enough the punters from the nite before were on the machines,they must have put another 100 to 150 in and got hardly anthing,they couldnt understand it. Is thise legal wot the landlord done? Or does this happen alot? Views please!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#2 Matty.N

Matty.N

• Regulars
  • 3111 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 04:23 PM

i'd say illegal as its tampering with the percantage

#3 Guest_barcrest junky_*

Guest_barcrest junky_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 July 2009 - 04:35 PM

i'd say illegal as its tampering with the percantage

How was he tampering with the %age? I'd say avoid playing his machines in future, but no tampering going on here.

bj

#4 todd1970

todd1970

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 6818 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 04:37 PM

I would say grass him in to the 2 blokes that were playing the machine. ;)
Mmmmmm...Sandy ive 'ad her ye know. :)

#5 Matty.N

Matty.N

• Regulars
  • 3111 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 04:42 PM

How was he tampering with the %age? I'd say avoid playing his machines in future, but no tampering going on here.

bj

there was a similar thread a few weeks ago

and they're tampering the %age as it isnt left in the state it was after closing time

machines shouldnt be played with after closing time

#6 Guest_barcrest junky_*

Guest_barcrest junky_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 July 2009 - 04:52 PM

and they're tampering the %age as it isnt left in the state it was after closing time

Yeah OK Matty it depends which %age - the overall target payout %age hasn't changed - the %ge paid out to date has and it is the latter figure that you are saying has been tampered with because of the continued play by the innkeeper after closing.

I repeat I wouldn't personally play his machines again (if I was still playing them that is;)). Todd's idea is pretty good too - larrup the f***ers.

bj

#7 >_>

>_>

Shifty

• New Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 04:54 PM

There is a woman who does this in her pub where i used to live, no one plays her machines anymore and she ended up making a loss on them. :)

#8 Zoltar

Zoltar

Former Fat Bastard.....

• Gold Supporters
  • 1810 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 05:54 PM

So the 2 guys deserve everything they get then as they were 'tampering with the %' as they legitimately played.

The landlord is simply taking advantage for his own gains. As for playing after closing time. Whilst I agree with what you say, unfortunately, once you put money into a fruit machine in the hope of winning something, you waiver all your rights to fairplay and good sportsmanship.

And what comebacks do you have?

No1. You play a machine presuming that the machine is in fact, programmed and operating to within some pre-determined parameters. Parameters that are supposedly governed by law. Can you prove a machine is operating outside these parameters? If a machine was illegally operating with a bogus percentage key for example, that operated at 30%, firstly, how could you ever tell, and secondly, what could you do about it?

No2. You are playing the said machine within the property of the person in charge of the machine. An alien environment that is selective on who can come in and who can't. I'm sure evidence of any wrong doing by an owner, could be wiped out before you even get out of the front doors of the arcade.

No3. These places, these machines are provided to the public for no other reason than to make the owner/operator money. They will lie, cheat, manipulate, befriend, and court the edge of the law to make money. When you lose, you feel gutted. You even suspect something may be out of order. but does anyone ever make an official complaint? And if one was made, what would become of it? Because I'm sure by the time action is taken, the owner/operator has had plenty of time to return his operation to a legitimate one within the law, until the complaint is thrown out.

No4. You will always LOSE. You will LOSE on the machines, you will LOSE any arguments, you will LOSE at every turn.

Remember, once you commit to entering that pound into a machine, decent, legal and moral conduct goes out of the window, closely followed by any protection you think you may be entitled to if things don't look right. Each time you go outside, you risk getting wet from rain. When you play a fruit machine, you risk having the money removed from your person by suspect means.
Posted Image

#9 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 06:21 PM

Dont you have to have a licence to operate the machines in terms of opening them up? I thought that to operate your own machines you would need the full £3.5k licence, not just the machine licence. I bet he doesn't have that.

And yes, this does happen a lot.

Project Amber 2 - Coming Soon

#10 voodoomau5

voodoomau5

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 06:31 PM

Dont you have to have a licence to operate the machines in terms of opening them up? I thought that to operate your own machines you would need the full £3.5k licence, not just the machine licence. I bet he doesn't have that.

And yes, this does happen a lot.

he may not of opened it up though

Edit:need to learn how to read lol

but still why would he open it up to refill

#11 Matty.N

Matty.N

• Regulars
  • 3111 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 06:34 PM

he may not of opened it up though

Edit:need to learn how to read lol

but still why would he open it up to refill

might not know how to do it any other way :p

plus they might think the machine might payout more seeing as its been refilled the proper way

#12 voodoomau5

voodoomau5

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 06:58 PM

might not know how to do it any other way :p

plus they might think the machine might payout more seeing as its been refilled the proper way

the only way they could make it back by doing that is by hitting the hoppers topped up switch then :rolleyes: i say next time they do their nut in it take a video of the landlord up to his tricks and say to the guys "give me a tenner and i'll show you where your moneys going"

cue a badly beaten landlord and pub and a tenner in your pocket..genius

#13 Geddy

Geddy

Banned

• Banned
  • 3433 posts

Donator

Posted 24 July 2009 - 07:22 PM

I was in my local last nite and i watched a couple of blokes put the best part of 100 quid in the machines,and got next to nothing out! As is was nearly closing time the barman would not change any more money for the machines. The blokes were a bit upset because of the amount of money they had put in and wanted a chance to get some of their money back,the barman said come back first thing and you can carry on.Well i was invited to stay for a late drink! The landlord and his wife came down with a pot of pound coins and started playing the machines within 10 minutes they had ripped the arse out of them taking about 140 out of them.The next thing amazed me he opened the machine and filled it till it was backing again then shut it up! Today i went in at opening time and sure enough the punters from the nite before were on the machines,they must have put another 100 to 150 in and got hardly anthing,they couldnt understand it. Is thise legal wot the landlord done? Or does this happen alot? Views please!

I think the Paragraph thief is at fault in this case.... ;)

#14 cardie

cardie

Me Gusta

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3431 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 07:27 PM

nothing wrong with it and its not illegal

if its his own machine and he is licenced he can do what ever he want but say its owned by gamestec he could be reported and have the machien taken off him

My Youtube

Posted Image

Rest in peace Barcrest !

Quit Gambling as of 3rd of March 2012

#15 gavafcb

gavafcb

• New Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 08:22 PM

the only way they could make it back by doing that is by hitting the hoppers topped up switch then :rolleyes: i say next time they do their nut in it take a video of the landlord up to his tricks and say to the guys "give me a tenner and i'll show you where your moneys going"

cue a badly beaten landlord and pub and a tenner in your pocket..genius

I will think about doing that! Or confront the landlord and get 20!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#16 voodoomau5

voodoomau5

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 08:30 PM

I will think about doing that! Or confront the landlord and get 20!

geddon mate, good luck.

#17 skabaz

skabaz

Engineer of the World

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2778 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 08:42 PM

nothing wrong with it and its not illegal

if its his own machine and he is licenced he can do what ever he want but say its owned by gamestec he could be reported and have the machien taken off him

correct that its not illegal but i i rent a machine out to a pub and they get a set of keys then they can do what they want as long as they do not remove the machine from the premises and as long as they keep paying the rent and standard license.

they could have easily kept the money and pressed the top up button and then they would have scored from winning the money and punters would kepp pumping the machine.

its unfair but not illegal.

best to place to play is managed pubs as they dont get any keys.

baz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users