• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 treasure island

treasure island

• Regulars
  • 175 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 09:30 PM

Hi

For those who have not read the captain scarlett thread, apparently according to some im a ebay blagger!

Anyway Bencrest, Mattyballs etc...you made me laugh so no hard feelings:twitcy:

I will be posting my FULL list on Monday evening, MANY have not been emulated, and whilst i am in the decorating/preparing stages for my new arcade i am happy to let anyone come and take pics or dump roms for unemulated machines.

I have not been able to go through all the emulated machines, but im sure there will be lots that have not been done.

Basically i am posting this thread as if anyone wants to come to Gravesend (kent) they may do so, please PM me for details etc.

Anyone can also come down when its fully operational, and anyone (including bencest!) are very welcome to take whatever they need.

All machines are virtually mint (artwork wise) so some good shots can be taken.

After the list has been posted, i can take pictures on behalf of members of the site and upload them upon request.

Many thanks for taking the time to read this post and long live the golden era of gaming.;)

#2 fuzion

fuzion

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1726 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 10:04 PM

Wow, what an amazing offer, this is what fme is all about.

Many thanks.

J

#3 DaemonX

DaemonX

The Devil's Advocate

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1869 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 05:02 AM

Sounds good to me, shame I can't get to Kent :(
Not every pet in Pet Society is sweet and innocent....

#4 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 07:00 AM

Hi

For those who have not read the captain scarlett thread, apparently according to some im a ebay blagger!

Anyway Bencrest, Mattyballs etc...you made me laugh so no hard feelings:twitcy:

No hard feelings, but you feel it is necessary to - presumably because the old thread was locked - drag matters into a new thread?

Don't worry, you made me laugh too, I still think you've got a future in politics. Not being able to admit to wrongdoing, then performing an act which makes the sun shine out of your arsehole.

Anyway, I think it's a good idea, and I would come down if I were nearby, but feel you let yourself down by dragging the unrelated eBay matters into this thread, so you get a thumbs down from me.
Ben

Hopefully recovering from years of compulsive gambling and wanting to be gamble free forever.

Recommended reading - http://www.gamblersaloud.com/ (yes, I bought the book, very happy with it!)

#5 >_>

>_>

Shifty

• New Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 07:54 AM

I have sent you a pm. :)

I wont be able to dump roms, but id love to have a look and maybe a play.

#6 mattyballs

mattyballs

psychatric help needed !

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 08:29 AM

right .first of all

thank you your your generous offer to the fme community..it is a bold thing to do in light, of the battering people gave you over "another issue"

..THE OTHER THREAD WAS LOCKED..:confused:

anyway..i would just like to say that all comments by all parties involved did indeed MAKE ME GIGGLE..so me.yourself and bencrest,im sure,
are adult enough to laugh this off,(it was obvious by the type of replies we gave each other)

anyway,i shant be posting,that much anymore,have been accused of "spamming" and instigation,other people have took it upon themselves to slag me off by writing posts about my conduct,on other fme sites too!!

NO ONE HAS THIS RIGHT..EXCEPT FOR YOU..DAVE... TRUE!!!

so..in conclusion..as i have been considered a thorn in the side of fme,,
i shall take a back seat in the "virtual" fme world;)

it seems the politics are so strong round here that,those who "pay" and "provide".....seem to be UNTOUCHABLE

so once again...well done with your generous offer..im sure you will create many more "pals" due to this,as alas i will get many more, of the fme arse licking MASON TYPE REGIME..members as enemies..

right ive said my peice..if i get abused or banned...so what

i aint really bothered....bigger things in the world than fme..lol

all the best dave...(mattyballs)...aka.. matty harrison (clacton on sea)
if i had HALF of the HALF a brain ive got...i,d be EXTREMELY DANGEROUS...

u wanna fight,,fight me!...

(go on..beat up a bird with a dick!!)

#7 Magz

Magz

• Regulars
  • 887 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 11:34 AM

The new arcade sounds cool. I'll get over once it's open. Don't have the wherewithall to dump roms I'm afraid. Just read the other thread - talk about an overstated response...

Still, glad it's all sorted out now :)...

#8 cliffc

cliffc

• Regulars
  • 946 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 01:07 PM

Hi Dave

When your arcade on the IOW vansihed I thought we had lost you to the current economic climate, gald to see that you are still about and preparing to allow your classic machines to be used again, in Gravesend.

I cannot dump roms but i am sure that there is some one here who can and will take advantage of your generous offer, and If I am ever in the Gravesend area I will pop in and have a quid or 2 in your classic machines.

Will the machines on offer be the same ones you had on the IOW or will there less machines or even better more classics on offer.

Regards

Cliff C

#9 CrAzYbAr

CrAzYbAr

Japan bound

• Gold Supporters
  • 2640 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 01:12 PM

All I ask just keep it open in November sometime and I'll pop round for a visit and a gamble :)
It'll be nice to see some golden age machines that I missed out on.

This is a site for EMULATION purposes of older machines. Not playing strategies.
If you are more interested in playing modern machines,
visit Jackpottyforums

(DOND is around now on this site..... How long was this sig out of date...!)

#10 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 01:35 PM

When do you open? I'll gladly come for a bit of a punt and grab some rom dumps. I need to buy a reader first of course, and test it on something easilly replacable first.

But I need to get one as I have some roms I need to dump too.

And I personally think Captain Scarlet was fairly rare, Ive certainly never played / seen one in the wild.

Also do you supply tea /coffee?? :D

Project Amber 2 - Coming Soon

#11 SUPER7

SUPER7

Shouldn't Fruit Machines Payout Fruit??

• Regulars
  • 642 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 04:14 PM

Sounds all good m8 makes a change someone who owns a arcade keeping the classics goin, not getting the new $hit in & ripping every 1 off!! By the way have u got a lot of classics or a few in your arcade? Also are you open now cause only live bout 1/2 hour away so would be up 4 making a vist 4 sure!! Are they cash or token? Let me no, thanks!! ;)

#12 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 04:26 PM

..THE OTHER THREAD WAS LOCKED..:confused:

it seems the politics are so strong round here that,those who "pay" and "provide".....seem to be UNTOUCHABLE

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh

It was locked because people were on their soapboxes and that served no purpose....it was getting a bit too personal!

Re the 2nd bit, do you care to tell us more?.........you read too much I think.............but not the right stuff!

I'm confused at the comments as on a personal note we have always got on....yet you stated 'other sites' yet choose to attack this One........bazarre!

Edited by ady, 17 July 2009 - 04:33 PM.
last comment added

#13 Geddy

Geddy

Banned

• Banned
  • 3433 posts

Donator

Posted 17 July 2009 - 05:30 PM

Nah I reckon that is balls. I have contributed a great deal and I reckon if I really tried I could get banned quite easily... :biglaugh:

#14 Geddy

Geddy

Banned

• Banned
  • 3433 posts

Donator

Posted 17 July 2009 - 05:33 PM

Thanks for the offer. :D

Have I got this straight? If anyone is willing to travel to Gravesend with a rom reader they can have a dump of any roms you have?

Sorry for being a wet blanket but if you want to do the scene some good (and I am not being ungrateful here) but as an operator surely you must have a rom reader so would it not be easier for you to dump what you can when you can and upload them? Likewise with the photgraphs?

#15 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 05:35 PM

Nah I reckon that is balls. I have contributed a great deal and I reckon if I really tried I could get banned quite easily... :biglaugh:

:notworthy: Nah mate..........those 'wink-wink' payments wont EVER be made public I promise....

Ain't we glad for PM's Greg hu!

If only they knew fella!

#16 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 05:44 PM

Sorry for being a wet blanket but if you want to do the scene some good (and I am not being ungrateful here) but as an operator surely you must have a rom reader so would it not be easier for you to dump what you can when you can and upload them? Likewise with the photgraphs?

Oh come on its a great excuse to go and play some decent games, not a Beardy DOND in sight.

Anyone up for going to the opening?

Project Amber 2 - Coming Soon

#17 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 06:13 PM

Oh come on its a great excuse to go and play some decent games, not a Beardy DOND in sight.

Anyone up for going to the opening?

No joking I actually wouldn't mind....got loads of old tokens I need to spend stored up here too :D

#18 Guest_tommy c_*

Guest_tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 July 2009 - 06:42 PM

There would be no way i would miss this oppertunity but i live in wigan and it's miles away from me:sad:.

#19 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 06:53 PM

There would be no way i would miss this oppertunity but i live in wigan and it's miles away from me:sad:.

So there IS a 'no way' tommy lol

#20 Andy2003

Andy2003

Fruity Veteran-ish

• Regulars
  • 249 posts

Donator

Posted 17 July 2009 - 06:56 PM

A friend of mine keeps on asking when this arcade is going to open...... he's very excited... And i have to admit i am a little..... LOL

I love the old techs.... i've got my pound coins ready..... Bagsy moneytalks first please..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users