• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#41 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 03:04 PM

Remember also, there is no such thing as a real emptier !

what a shrump. ken has obviously never had an emptier, never swipped 250 from a machine and done the next one..

stick to bar-x`s and rowing machines m8, we all speak our minds, but what you said was bull.

#42 The_Jimster

The_Jimster

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 09:18 PM

nails - did you read what he said ???

you go to your machine with its note changer so yeh, £250 in the hopper - but what if there was already £200 in the cash box ???

i am curious how you are going to get the 200 from the cashbox ???
big wow you can empty the hopper - bit i am impressed if u know an emptier that can get the coins out of the cashbox ??

so by my ( and kensplace2 ) minds that makes £200 left in a machine....not empty

#43 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 11:00 PM

Remember also' date=' there is no such thing as a real emptier ![/quote']

what a shrump. ken has obviously never had an emptier, never swipped 250 from a machine and done the next one..

stick to bar-x`s and rowing machines m8, we all speak our minds, but what you said was bull.

Hmm... I agree with both of you here.

Ken (can I call you Ken?) is right, in that in many machines the hopper will be restricted to £125, yet the cashbox [if not emptied daily] could contain WELL in excess of that [I've seen £1000+ in cashboxes]. Therefore you are not playing to 'empty' the machine, more 'empty' the hopper, claiming a maximum of £250 [notemech installed] or £125 if purely coinmech depending on accurate float balance.

Nails... I've had emptiers, I've used emptiers, and they are great for a quick profit on a machine [obviously!], but one of the great things with an emptier is discipline. You need to take out enough as to make it worthwhile, yet so much that you DON'T arouse suspicion [when they have to refill a Thats Magic everyday they might get suspicious!] - therefore I restricted myself to £40 per day per machine on £125 float from say £5 stake depending on emptier.

It is true that Ken was off with his statement 'real emptier' to a certain degree. If you are talking about hoppers, there are emptiers still out on the latest machines from all manufacturers and you can 'empty' them [hopper only]. However, I believe Ken meant that there was no total machine emptier, and that you could take a maximum of £125 from an average non-notemech machine and that can vary from £1>£125.... £125 being stupid as you will get barred and a rechip issued sooner.

I don't know where I'm going with this post *hic*, suffice to say you both have valid points, and noone is 100% correct on this topic, except me because I 0wnZ:D

[joking :)]
Ben

Hopefully recovering from years of compulsive gambling and wanting to be gamble free forever.

Recommended reading - http://www.gamblersaloud.com/ (yes, I bought the book, very happy with it!)

#44 kensplace2

kensplace2

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 03:55 AM

hi bencrest, Ken is fine (it is my name lol!)

Yeah, I basically meant you cant empty a machine fully, as there is the cash box, which will have cash in it. So the owners are still making a profit, and the machine will still be sticking to its percentage overall in the long term. Plus most emptiers will probably need the machine to be ready, which means someone else filling it up before you, so it is ready to get into a payout cycle. A machine could empty its hopper in normal play, without an emptier, if enough people have refused wins on it before you start playing (ie they have gotten the machines percentage way under, and it is desperate to get it back up)

#45 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 08:20 AM

Hmmm...by definition an emptier means something which empties the hopper, but in honesty theres plenty of emptiers which allow you to drain the machine within £5, some even less :)

Theres 'emptiers', and then theres 'emptiers' ;)

Examples of good emptiers would ones like the Joker Poker [Project] emptier, which involved an error in the note handling code of the machine. I won't give details as it will have almost certainly been chipped, but it was quite easy to get £250 out, although you may have to run afterwards :)
Ben

Hopefully recovering from years of compulsive gambling and wanting to be gamble free forever.

Recommended reading - http://www.gamblersaloud.com/ (yes, I bought the book, very happy with it!)

#46 The_Jimster

The_Jimster

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 03:47 PM

ken
i picked up on the point you made about no such thing a a "total" empty of a machine as i agreed with that point, yet i have to question the point you make on the last post regards emptying a hopper as in the machine has to be ready or that the owners will still make a profit - this is not quite correct

if you get an emptier ( when i use this term i mean in the sense that everyone usually means - ie emtpy the hopper ) lets say it is a free win one

machine owner puts new machine in site - fills hopper ( to start off to make sure ppl play his new machine )
fills it with £125 coins - and you come along ang empty the hopper with your free win - machine does not record ( for percentage ) the payouts - so is still running to percentage - maybe even a little low so requires to pay some more and the guy is down £125 coins - and it is still wanting to pay ( as you have taken a whole load of free wins it still thinks it needs to pay something )

this way - machine was not ready to pay - nor does the owner make a profit

i have put this into a simple setting to show the example but i hope you get what i mean ?

#47 Richard

Richard

• New Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 12:14 PM

yeh agreed that the owner will not necessarily make any money, especially in london where everyone will take most of the money in the hopper, and they will be drained to this value periodically every day by more players doing it so no money ( or very very little ), will go in.

In regards to you bencrest saying you take just £40 out on an empty, I wouldnt agree here, UNLESS its a trick VERY few people know. If many people know it ( I'm talking players not locals in the pub!!! ) then you will simply be leaving the residue amount in the hopper to the next guy that frequents the pub, so you mayaswell garentee yourself £100-110 of the £125 for example, or £225-235 of the £250, rather than taking just £40 whereby it may be gone in a few days/chipped, and you will have only got maybe 1/2 hits at it at £40 a pop. Also I find it unlikely you would be barred for draining it so it has £20ish left in it, aslong as you can be as subtle as possible.... ie.. take £3 out the bank, put in £2, take £3 out the bank etc.etc., this method usually works, making them think you are even losing on it in some cases.

#48 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 12:44 PM

Depends on the value left in the machine I suppose, if it is a well known emptier I wouldn't normally aim for a great amount as I wouldn't want to make it IOU, but if it isn't that well known an emptier I think £75>£100. If backing you may as well go for it. Also, take your time, don't get a shot of something, walk up, dump the hopper, down the shot and walk off. Get a couple of pints, use the method while playing, make a £10 stake last ages [also gives you a chance to judge if it is backing], and then dump it, pass it off as luck, get another pint... that kind of thing :)
Ben

#49 Richard

Richard

• New Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 05:08 PM

a refill key is always helpful to judge how much to take out( dont let them see you key it obviously! )... I wouldnt want to IOU by mistake.... say if theres £180 in it, you take £160....
agreed on having to be subtle... you dont want to be barred until you've at least had a few hits....

I have to disagree on the tac of taking not so much on a well known emptier though, these are the ones you have to do straight away before they are rechipped which occurs very quickly these days... get the big gain whilst you still can! - an unknown trick however, I would leave maybe £50 in the hopper ( again you use the key to figure this out! ) otherwise it may go IOU then the trick which "COULD" have made you a load of money will be probably rechipped... where one that was well known will be chipped soon anyway so get in whilst the goings good, and maybe even try and blag the IOU.... If you dont somebody else will :p

#50 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 05:17 PM

Yikes, a thread on oldie emptiers is getting further and further off topic, probably me to blame for that :)
Ben

#51 DaemonX

DaemonX

The Devil's Advocate

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1869 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 09:39 AM

Getting this topic BACK ON TRACK kinda...

2 emptiers I've experienced. (tho 1 isn't really an emptier)

Our local Superbowl had the change machine set up wrong...

£10 gave 10 x £1

£1 gave 2 x 50p

50p gave 5 x £1 yes... ONE POUND!

so I emptied it, ;) while playing machines all day hehe.

Another emptier tho dodgy and takes a LONG time....

On the 'grand national' (6 horses pick a colour 10p a go)

switch off and on, then bet on red. ALWAYS wins first race.
(however 10p stake 20p win) take you a while to empty.

Also as mentioned before (but I never had this problem)

the power switch is usually either in the ceiling or buried under carpet.
Not every pet in Pet Society is sweet and innocent....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users