#1 cardie

cardie

Me Gusta

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3431 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 04:28 PM

when i say bad .... ill keep it breif

03:50 woke up for some reason n then noticed me curtains lighting up with a loud rumble after it n i was to tired so i tried to go back to sleep but it just got louder

04:00 at this point the storm was about 4 or 5 miles from me which is pretty close and woke my dad up so we both went and stood in the porch. BIG mistake

about 38 yards away in the field is a small electric pylon ( dont no what there called ) and that was stuck by a lightning bolt ( in my field )

i ended up running back inside and all my face and tongue were numb and i was shaking badly .... no joke

bout 20 mins later the storm was still going on but moving slowly away then i realised the electric had gone off .... great

after the storm dyed down ( by now it had hit 2 houses on south shore and one in blackpool )

got up in the morning and still no electric so i went to school but when i came back the electric was on trouble is the tv and freeview box were on when that lightning bolt hit the pylon

now my TV and freeview box dont work and the router is completly f***ed all thanks to static

im on me mums router at the moment but have to give it back on saturday till we get the new one from sky

My Youtube

Posted Image

Rest in peace Barcrest !

Quit Gambling as of 3rd of March 2012

#2 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 04:48 PM

Jeeze, glad all in all you are okay fella....electrics can get replaced!

I bet Todd would have had an orgasm if a bolt was so close to him!

#3 todd1970

todd1970

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 6818 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 04:51 PM

Nasty Cardie..reminds me of a similar experience a few years ago doing the night shift.

Thunderstorm broke out about 11pm and me and another guy went outside to watch..when all of a sudden a CG came right down and hit a building about 500yds away.

The flash was blinding and the thunder was instant and you could actually feel the heat on your face from it.

Now ye know me im a thunderstorm freak..but after that it was time to call it a day and go back inside.
Mmmmmm...Sandy ive 'ad her ye know. :)

#4 todd1970

todd1970

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 6818 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 04:53 PM

Jeeze, glad all in all you are okay fella....electrics can get replaced!

I bet Todd would have had an orgasm if a bolt was so close to him!

LOL aye..they are ok from a distance.

The time i am talking about in my prev post i think i actually jobbied myself. :eek:

Edited by todd1970, 02 July 2009 - 05:00 PM.

Mmmmmm...Sandy ive 'ad her ye know. :)

#5 skabaz

skabaz

Engineer of the World

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2778 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 05:42 PM

i think i actually jobbied myself. :eek:

classic

baz

#6 Johnnyafc

Johnnyafc

#Lapsed

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1590 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 05:55 PM

You have a Field?!
Posted Image

#7 cardie

cardie

Me Gusta

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3431 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 06:38 PM

You have a Field?!

yeah i have what used to be a chicken farm in blackpool on shard bridge

My Youtube

Posted Image

Rest in peace Barcrest !

#8 cardie

cardie

Me Gusta

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3431 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 06:39 PM

Nasty Cardie..reminds me of a similar experience a few years ago doing the night shift.

Thunderstorm broke out about 11pm and me and another guy went outside to watch..when all of a sudden a CG came right down and hit a building about 500yds away.

The flash was blinding and the thunder was instant and you could actually feel the heat on your face from it.

Now ye know me im a thunderstorm freak..but after that it was time to call it a day and go back inside.

im with you todd

i woke up and didnt really no what was going on but that deffiantly woke me up

still hasnt changed my views on storms i love them like mad just got to keep your distances lol

My Youtube

Posted Image

Rest in peace Barcrest !

#9 cardie

cardie

Me Gusta

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3431 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 06:50 PM

got picture of them just now

the closest one was the one that was hit

but the one at the back has said to of been hit quite a few times a couple of years ago and it looks fecked

heres a video of the tv

Attached Files

Edited by cardie, 02 July 2009 - 07:06 PM.

My Youtube

Posted Image

Rest in peace Barcrest !

#10 Guest_robinhood75_*

Guest_robinhood75_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 July 2009 - 06:59 PM

Ok i was messing around with my phone the other day and was trying to catch some lightning, i was streaming it live to a website called qik. i managed to catch the flash from the lightning and as you can see from the two pictures it was close. from flash to bang was less than a second and it shook the house with the sound wave. I would show the video but the sound of me cursing is not a good one but it did scare the shit out of me. I saw the lightning and it was fooking close, after i could see like a brown tube of smoke going up which i guess was from where the air had burnt from the heat of the lightning. the two pictures will need to be saved to a folder then view them with windows picture viewer flicking from one to the other not that good tbh as it was a still from the video i took. You can see the flash and if you look at the chimney on the pub u can see that the flash is on the inside of it. Was scary crap i will tell ya. If ya do want to see the vid let me know and i will post a link to it from qik.

Attached Files

#11 cardie

cardie

Me Gusta

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3431 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 07:08 PM

Ok i was messing around with my phone the other day and was trying to catch some lightning, i was streaming it live to a website called qik. i managed to catch the flash from the lightning and as you can see from the two pictures it was close. from flash to bang was less than a second and it shook the house with the sound wave. I would show the video but the sound of me cursing is not a good one but it did scare the shit out of me. I saw the lightning and it was fooking close, after i could see like a brown tube of smoke going up which i guess was from where the air had burnt from the heat of the lightning. the two pictures will need to be saved to a folder then view them with windows picture viewer flicking from one to the other not that good tbh as it was a still from the video i took. You can see the flash and if you look at the chimney on the pub u can see that the flash is on the inside of it. Was scary crap i will tell ya. If ya do want to see the vid let me know and i will post a link to it from qik.

i wouldnt mind seeing the vid

thing is rob u were inside i was stood just in the porch lol

My Youtube

Posted Image

Rest in peace Barcrest !

#12 Guest_robinhood75_*

Guest_robinhood75_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 July 2009 - 07:34 PM

i wouldnt mind seeing the vid

thing is rob u were inside i was stood just in the porch lol

Yeah i was inside but still felt the heat of the lightning and the smell too. I had my sash window wide open. the shockwave from the bang to the mobile rocking was instant so u can tell it was close lol.

Ok I will post the link u cant see the strike as it was just off to the left but u see the camera has lines on the screen as it strikes and then BOOOOOOOOOM then me f-ing hell this and woooooooooop woooooop lol. sorry in advance likes, oh and turn it up as it don't sound that loud for some reason. the flash is at 2.10 left on the counter, you can pop it on full screen too n not a bad video record for a live stream to the net too.

Qik | robinhood75 | Untitled

#13 cardie

cardie

Me Gusta

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3431 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 07:38 PM

omg that is bad

sounded just like that but all i saw was blue n hearing ringing noises lol

its amazing what it can do to the body

My Youtube

Posted Image

Rest in peace Barcrest !

#14 Guest_barcrest junky_*

Guest_barcrest junky_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 July 2009 - 07:42 PM

Jesus rh - never had that one over here - it was almost instant wasn't it.:oh:

bj

#15 hurricane

hurricane

• Regulars
  • 734 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 07:48 PM

when it comes to storms i tend to get a bit nervous, cause you know its coming but it always catches you off gaurd and makes you jump. Also im a huge fan of tornados.:)

#16 Guest_robinhood75_*

Guest_robinhood75_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 July 2009 - 07:58 PM

Jesus rh - never had that one over here - it was almost instant wasn't it.:oh:

bj

yep sure was. it was much louder than in the video trust me and u can see the camer shake to the sound of the thunder. It was close but still like to be a bit closer lol. got ma camera at the ready with tripod ready for tonights forcast storms lol :D:D

#17 cardie

cardie

Me Gusta

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3431 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 08:03 PM

yep sure was. it was much louder than in the video trust me and u can see the camer shake to the sound of the thunder. It was close but still like to be a bit closer lol. got ma camera at the ready with tripod ready for tonights forcast storms lol :D:D

make sure youve got yer tvs freeview boxes and routers off a mate lol

My Youtube

Posted Image

Rest in peace Barcrest !

#18 Fruity_Goodness

Fruity_Goodness

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 236 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 08:11 PM

Nasty business. Electricity can kill. Sure 'nuff. Remember, that when you're counting the time between thunder and lightning (1 dead elephant, 2 dead elephant, 3 dead elephant) you should always divide by 5 to find out how far awah the storm is been smokin' dat pif blah blah blah
He who wrestles with a turd will be beshitted whether he fall under it or over it.

#19 cardie

cardie

Me Gusta

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3431 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 08:41 PM

this is a report from the local paper

Family tell of lightning drama - Blackpool Today

My Youtube

Posted Image

Rest in peace Barcrest !