Photo
- - - - -

MFME 11.8 - Deal or No Deal - Can You Beat the Banker?

• Please log in to reply
136 replies to this topic

#81 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 10:17 AM

I second the Over 18s idea - it's something I've brought up in the past.

Obviously by law, those under 18 are not allowed access to machines over £5 Jackpot, and while we may only have emulated machines which do not take money, the fact remains that people under 18 can play £15/£25/£35/£75/£100/£150/£200/£250/£500/£1000 and £2000 jackpots through the site.

Although they are not able to win real money... perhaps it's setting them up for a form of gambling they might not understand - especially given the higher percentage payout and 'happy RAM' nature of most emulations.
Ben

Hopefully recovering from years of compulsive gambling and wanting to be gamble free forever.

Recommended reading - http://www.gamblersaloud.com/ (yes, I bought the book, very happy with it!)

#82 todd1970

todd1970

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 6818 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 10:37 AM

Fair point..but there is no way on earth to be able to moniter that surely.

People joining the site are just gonna lie about thier age and there is no way a mod or admin can confirm it.
Mmmmmm...Sandy ive 'ad her ye know. :)

#83 CrAzYbAr

CrAzYbAr

Japan bound

• Gold Supporters
  • 2640 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 10:41 AM

I do agree with your comments on the machine side of things where everyone here can play whatever jackpots...However, I would expect the under 18s you talk about in arcades wouldn't be fearing gooing into the over 18s area and getting caught sometimes. Don't go down Woking then.......You get sharked by people about 12 years old in the over 18s area!

However the age thing is one of my pet hates in life...Maybe it is because I am under 18 myself, but I don't like the fact a lot of life has a physical age limit. I've been in pubs with family or running club bates of various ages and I've been told "Children can't eat after 9PM" and such...
My point is though, you can be under 18 and act mature and be a genuinely nice person...You can also be over 18 and act like a complete prat...With the same styke as the under 18s on the forum...Text speak, no gratitude for help etc...Yes I do believe making the forum over 18s only will REDUCE the chance of having a whole lot of spam but it's not going to completely eradicate it. I do believe it is society in general affecting the majority of newcomers...age being a small factor of it in total

This is a site for EMULATION purposes of older machines. Not playing strategies.
If you are more interested in playing modern machines,
visit Jackpottyforums

(DOND is around now on this site..... How long was this sig out of date...!)

#84 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 10:51 AM

I do agree with your comments on the machine side of things where everyone here can play whatever jackpots...However, I would expect the under 18s you talk about in arcades wouldn't be fearing gooing into the over 18s area and getting caught sometimes. Don't go down Woking then.......You get sharked by people about 12 years old in the over 18s area!

However the age thing is one of my pet hates in life...Maybe it is because I am under 18 myself, but I don't like the fact a lot of life has a physical age limit. I've been in pubs with family or running club bates of various ages and I've been told "Children can't eat after 9PM" and such...
My point is though, you can be under 18 and act mature and be a genuinely nice person...You can also be over 18 and act like a complete prat...With the same styke as the under 18s on the forum...Text speak, no gratitude for help etc...Yes I do believe making the forum over 18s only will REDUCE the chance of having a whole lot of spam but it's not going to completely eradicate it. I do believe it is society in general affecting the majority of newcomers...age being a small factor of it in total

I agree with you 100%. I've always acted way above my 'age', at least in person, even if not on forums :)

I guess the problem only really stems from a small group of users - unfortunately it's the small annoying group which shout the loudest (or post most frequently) and they do give a bad overall picture of children.

However, I do still believe that the content on offer is inappropriate for under 18s. Hence why the likes of the manufacturers sites normally stipulate you have to be 18 or over, even if they don't have real machines on offer. Same with websites for tobacco and alcohol. Admittedly they are very easy to get in to by lying about your age - but I do feel we need to discourage children from posting on here. Especially the annoying spammy ones :D
Ben

Hopefully recovering from years of compulsive gambling and wanting to be gamble free forever.

Recommended reading - http://www.gamblersaloud.com/ (yes, I bought the book, very happy with it!)

#85 c0nfu53d

c0nfu53d

• Regulars
  • 288 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 12:19 PM

I have never thought about the under 18 issue before. It never even crossed my mind, being 32.

Fair point..but there is no way on earth to be able to moniter that surely.

People joining the site are just gonna lie about thier age and there is no way a mod or admin can confirm it.

Couldn't fruit-emu.com just charge a small joining fee to a credit debit card? Say £0.50? even most visa debit cards require holder to be at least 18. Even though the money comes out your bank, it can lead to you going overdrawn which is a form of credit, which requires a 18 age limit

#86 CrAzYbAr

CrAzYbAr

Japan bound

• Gold Supporters
  • 2640 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 01:31 PM

I doubt that would work...sorry to be blunt, but

It will create the "If you want layouts you're gonna have to pay for em" scenario....If you only apply the joining fee to people who want to be members, they will just remain as guests and leech off the site. Places sucha s the Repro, and DADsFME have layouts there all free of charge so I think the charging idea would potentially kill off the site.
It's really too hard to verify real ages on websites, unless they do charge via credit card...And FME isn't really a part of that I don't rhink.

This is a site for EMULATION purposes of older machines. Not playing strategies.
If you are more interested in playing modern machines,
visit Jackpottyforums

(DOND is around now on this site..... How long was this sig out of date...!)

#87 c0nfu53d

c0nfu53d

• Regulars
  • 288 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 02:40 PM

well they could refund money after charging. Providing it's posible too do this automaticly and as long as fruit-emu dont get charged for every card transaction. I don't know.

#88 Guest_DAD_*

Guest_DAD_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 July 2009 - 05:30 PM

Also I've noticed that DAD doesn't post here much

Zzzzzzzzzz.......Zzzzzzzzzz

Eh? What?

/me goes back to sleep ;)

Zzzzzzzzzz.......Zzzzzzzzzz......

#89 Johnnyafc

Johnnyafc

#Lapsed

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1590 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 06:07 PM

Zzzzzzzzzz.......Zzzzzzzzzz

Eh? What?

/me goes back to sleep ;)

Zzzzzzzzzz.......Zzzzzzzzzz......

get on with DXing ;)
Posted Image

#90 Johnnyafc

Johnnyafc

#Lapsed

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1590 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 06:08 PM

Before they are allowed accounts they should pass a quiz so they know what an emulator, layout, rom and simulator are.
Also they should learn how to use a zip program correctly.... :D

and use lithograph font and not PNG's ?
Posted Image

#91 MonopolyOfTheUK

MonopolyOfTheUK

• New Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 08:28 PM

Ive read thru this post carefully,

As i understand it - theres still no playable DOND available yet? due to security issues mainly.

But i would like to get a download even if it does'nt work, Im ANOTHER who would like the sound effects as a tempter...

Any help?

Cheers :rolleyes:

#92 SUPER7

SUPER7

Shouldn't Fruit Machines Payout Fruit??

• Regulars
  • 642 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 08:54 PM

Ive read thru this post carefully,

As i understand it - theres still no playable DOND available yet? due to security issues mainly.

But i would like to get a download even if it does'nt work, Im ANOTHER who would like the sound effects as a tempter...

Any help?

Cheers :rolleyes:

As far as i no theres no way of running dond at all not even 4 the sound. :skeptical:

#93 hurricane

hurricane

• Regulars
  • 734 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 09:19 PM

As far as i no theres no way of running dond at all not even 4 the sound. :skeptical:

http://www.fruit-emu...-dond-cybtb.zip
the sound works on this, just no game play.

#94 jonjames

jonjames

• Banned
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 07:35 PM

hey dudes, any1 no wen this is bein released?

#95 Guest_tommy c_*

Guest_tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 July 2009 - 07:39 PM

Yeah should be ready in about 6 years!

#96 Guest_barcrest junky_*

Guest_barcrest junky_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 July 2009 - 07:43 PM

Yeah should be ready in about 6 years!

starting in 3 years time:biglaugh:

#97 Daryl

Daryl

Forget it... I do!

• Inactive Users
  • 2671 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 07:46 PM

Yet another forum member just come out of nappies - happy days here at FE! ;)
All The Best

Daryl

My blogsite is here: click the icon --->   :computer:

My name is Daryl, I was born in 1965 and have been into FME since 2002!

On 23 June 2011, I was diagnosed with Alzheimers Disease  In November 2012, I was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease and Parkinsonian Syndrome too.

I can be found at:

My new blog-site...

...or at Facebook here: --> https://www.facebook.com/daryl.lees

=======================================================

Visit my website on the icon above for my WebBlog, or pop over and see me on the social media at  ---> Daryl on... Facebook.png

=======================================================

speed

#98 Geddy

Geddy

Banned

• Banned
  • 3433 posts

Donator

Posted 23 July 2009 - 11:14 AM

What are 'dudes?'

#99 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 11:43 AM

well.. a dickey bird told me that there is a work around on the new £70 jackpots. i`d bet there is a working copy out there right now....

#100 Guest_robinhood75_*

Guest_robinhood75_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 July 2009 - 12:11 PM

well.. a dickey bird told me that there is a work around on the new £70 jackpots. i`d bet there is a working copy out there right now....

LOL ok then, Im not in the inner circle so wont be able to play it :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users