• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Matty.N

Matty.N

• Regulars
  • 3111 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 02:41 PM

1st of all its not that star wars related :p

Soooo as some of you know i was on holiday for a week last week & what i endured in this arcade was not good

the 1st night (a saturday night) i came in at about half 10 (after loosing all my money to evil party time with mr bizzle & crazy bar) found a pound in my pocket :p & stuck it in a star wars machine, it was backing so i carried on & managed to get £3 cashpot as it was safe, stuck a pound in Bullseye got on board 1st shot on cash gave me £5

eventually went around the arcade & came out about £15 up (not bad in 10 mins)

next night i went back & again all the machines were still backing and none of them would pay out, it was backing all the £1s & 10ps (pays out exactly no round ups) went in with £10, came out with 0, only machine to pay out was a mazoomas cabin fever that capped at £2 or £2.40 on the shoots)

each night i went back stuck a few quid in and nothing would pay out, yet they were all backing the £1's & 10ps, they were only on 70 or 72% payout but you could tell there was quite a few quid in the bottom

but friday night (the last night) was different, went in with £5 & came out about £30 - £35

DOND Classic streaked me for £17
DOND: WOW gave me a flat £5 ms & then a super start which gave me a £5 to start with spun and it gave me a banker message, said next spin would land me on a mystery so i took the £5, didnt repeat :(
Monopoly (in an Eclipse cab?) (Lo-tech) gave me a streak for £8.40
and won bits & pieces off other machines
Empires Ant Rap (what a stupid machine) gave me £5 & repeated twice :)

now the main point

are arcade owners giving us false hope, as you can see above, the only nights i won were the 1st & last

i mean, they could be making the machines back all week just to trick us into thinking there gonna pay, whereas they arent

i think its kind of sad that they're tricking people into playing like that, at least next time i go ill know only to play the 1st & last nights :p

#2 voodoomau5

voodoomau5

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 03:02 PM

Where were you playing mate ? cuz afaik there aint a cabin fever in paignton

#3 Matty.N

Matty.N

• Regulars
  • 3111 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 03:04 PM

Where were you playing mate ? cuz afaik there aint a cabin fever in paignton

its in the site i was on :p

hoburne torbay (even though its paignton)

#4 voodoomau5

voodoomau5

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 03:07 PM

so the walk of wealth, star wars and classic etc. were where you were staying

#5 Guest_tommy c_*

Guest_tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 June 2009 - 03:23 PM

The camp i used to go to in wales had an arcade and he had all his machines on a flat 72%.I found this out when i got an error on about 5 different machines whan he opened the cash door i looked at the alpha as it was going through the machine name and chip version and the % was displayed 72%:eek: So i never spent another pound in there since and won't do either.So matty thats proberbly what there set on they will just bak bak bak for ages with very little return and then do a big streak of 15 or £20 every blue moon and then go dead again straight away. My advice don't give em a penny of your money mate most are just complete robbers.

#6 LewisM

LewisM

• New Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 03:30 PM

72% :eek: Thats shocking for on site at a holiday camp. Surely they could be up around 80% just to give a little bit more gameplay for peoples money.
Would probably get a few more punters in if they thought they might win too.

As for backing every day they're probably refilled daily wouldn't take long for someone to whip round with a key and top them up in the morning

#7 Guest_tommy c_*

Guest_tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 June 2009 - 03:33 PM

72% :eek: Thats shocking for on site at a holiday camp. Surely they could be up around 80% just to give a little bit more gameplay for peoples money.
Would probably get a few more punters in if they thought they might win too.

As for backing every day they're probably refilled daily wouldn't take long for someone to whip round with a key and top them up in the morning

Yep 72% but before this bloke took over it used to ne run by two old blokes and they had everything on realy good %s. Even the 5p bwbs andys great escape' winner takes all and viva espana used to be on 88% not bad for 5p play machines

#8 FRUITJUNKIE1971

FRUITJUNKIE1971

• Regulars
  • 213 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 05:01 PM

I was in Leysdown the other day and saw a set of three Star Wars machines together, two were being played on so I stuck 2 quid in the vacant machine, got on feature board and was doing well, got offered the Death Star feature, (which is at the top of the features list so I'm guessing it was the best regarding payout) ...

...and then I made the mistake of pressing the collect button and won a red £1.60 from the cash stack. I totally missed the fact that there was a separate feature collect button. Doh!

To add insult to injury, the £1.60 did'nt repeat either. Double Doh!

Attached Files

• Attached File  Doh!.gif   13.88KB   7 downloads

hello!

#9 Matty.N

Matty.N

• Regulars
  • 3111 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 05:30 PM

To add insult to injury, the £1.60 did'nt repeat either. Double Doh!

if it had of repeated you wouldnt have gotten another £1.60 anyways

it goes up & down the cash so you could have gotten 40p lol

#10 CrAzYbAr

CrAzYbAr

Japan bound

• Gold Supporters
  • 2640 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 05:48 PM

Matty- Backing won't always mean anything, it could be that the owner tops up his machines or hits "Hopper Top Up".....Or it could be jammed hoppers, there are many reasons for backing that might not mean payout is due. Esp on 72%, if you went in with £10 and tried a number of machines, you might not have put enough in them to get them going, board costs can be nasty on many machines, Star Wars, Walk of Wealth etc even if they are backing....I got the run on Pick yer Pesos and some boards were still £3 apart

Fruitjunkie-Death Star is NOT the best feature on the machine dont you worry...It's something like it takes lower cash amounts away on the ladder(due to number on reel I think?) and then offers you one shot above the eliminated amounts.
Best feature is just called Star Wars, next best is Wild Streak when its red;)

This is a site for EMULATION purposes of older machines. Not playing strategies.
If you are more interested in playing modern machines,
visit Jackpottyforums

(DOND is around now on this site..... How long was this sig out of date...!)

#11 Matty.N

Matty.N

• Regulars
  • 3111 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 05:53 PM

Matty- Backing won't always mean anything, it could be that the owner tops up his machines or hits "Hopper Top Up".....Or it could be jammed hoppers, there are many reasons for backing that might not mean payout is due. Esp on 72%, if you went in with £10 and tried a number of machines, you might not have put enough in them to get them going, board costs can be nasty on many machines, Star Wars, Walk of Wealth etc even if they are backing....I got the run on Pick yer Pesos and some boards were still £3 apart

i see that aftert that week

why cant we go back to the times when a backer ment it was gonna pay =/

btw the bowling alley by me has had a WOW put in :p, & the payout has jumped from 70 to 78% ;D

put a £1 go to play DOND went all the way & got £4, me be liking these at 78%

Fruitjunkie-Death Star is NOT the best feature on the machine dont you worry...It's something like it takes lower cash amounts away on the ladder(due to number on reel I think?) and then offers you one shot above the eliminated amounts.

wild streak was utter bs for me

got £3.40 off a red one & £5 off a red star wars lol

#12 johnjohn

johnjohn

• New Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 07:02 PM

u can rip nudge blaster too if setup is there

#13 SUPER7

SUPER7

Shouldn't Fruit Machines Payout Fruit??

• Regulars
  • 642 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 09:01 PM

I think the reason hoilday camp arcades have there %s so low is because they have no rep to keep up, coz they have not got any comp from any other arcades on site plus people are on hoilday to spend money & there bin & gone in a week. Also i found most of the new machines now days when backing don't mean they are gonna pay out loads, like 2day i put £2 in the classic-Crystal maze £8 token as it was backing & got £24 of tokens out of it so the next person who puts cash in it gonna think it is full as it payed out tokns only!! :huh:

#14 CrAzYbAr

CrAzYbAr

Japan bound

• Gold Supporters
  • 2640 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 09:58 PM

u can rip nudge blaster too if setup is there

Very difficult on these ones AFAIK, the £35ers have killed on 50p before if the Jackpot is there, with Mazooma variants though it's no problem at all, shame Crest ruined it!

This is a site for EMULATION purposes of older machines. Not playing strategies.
If you are more interested in playing modern machines,
visit Jackpottyforums

(DOND is around now on this site..... How long was this sig out of date...!)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users