Photo
- - - - -

Time to dig around in that moth filled wallet :)

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 23 February 2004 - 12:19 AM

Not strictly an FME post, but on ethat deserves to be on the main page :)

Well done to Duplu for upgrading the sites Nuke to v7 without the whole lot caving in...in fact, I like the new game section...mmmmm Hexxagon - still play the original floppy disk version from Software Creations :)

I noticed that the member count for the site is now

And that, using a new feature,

18 people have made donations to the site.

100(18/13225) = the percentage of users who have donated.....
......................= 0.1361058601134215500945179584121 %

Theres a lot of people that come on the forums and tell of these miracle stories whereby the site has helped them to kick their bandit habits - well I think that £5 [which is less than it takes to get on the feature boards on a modern £25 AWP on 70%] is not too much to ask.

Duplu runs one hell of a site here, a hub for the FME community, and with that number of donations I don't see how he could be breaking even on running it - the bandwidth cost must be pretty big!!

So just asking those that use the site, who download alot and those who have the site [and the layout designers, e.t.c.] to thank for beating their bandit habits e.t.c to make a dontaion, even if only £5 - you could either lose it in 2 minutes in a modern bandit or help keep this site alive :)

If that were not enough, the new games in that new games section are good - I dare anyone to beat me at Hexxagon :D

BarcrestBenito

[proud to be a supporter of www.fruit-emu.com]
Ben

Hopefully recovering from years of compulsive gambling and wanting to be gamble free forever.

Recommended reading - http://www.gamblersaloud.com/ (yes, I bought the book, very happy with it!)

#2 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 23 February 2004 - 10:05 AM

'I dare anyone to beat me at Hexxagon :D'

Cmon RB, I didn't mean it literally :D How the hell am I going to beat 41?!

BarcrestBenito
Ben

Hopefully recovering from years of compulsive gambling and wanting to be gamble free forever.

Recommended reading - http://www.gamblersaloud.com/ (yes, I bought the book, very happy with it!)

#3 Sandoran

Sandoran

• New Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 23 February 2004 - 11:15 AM

I donated end of last week some time. Still waiting for it to show up when i post...*shrug*
I'm back! yay!

#4 Wozza

Wozza

Advanced Member

• Gold Supporters
  • 453 posts

Posted 23 February 2004 - 01:06 PM

Sandoran,

If you have donated you will get your supporters badge, we have been busy upgrading the site, sorry for the delay. Thanks for supporting Fruit-Emu.

BarcrestBenito,

You are right in that the support from members is very poor. Hence you have seen the introduction of adverts small to start with then I am sure you all remmember the bombs!. It is important to note that this site is not in the game to make money.

But its free why should we pay

Well the simple answer is you don't have too, its your choice. But if the site keeps growing at the current rate then there is always a limit to ones finances, and a danger that one may have to call it a day, or make it a pay site (and that is not our wishes).

So its up to you, Take or Give, simple really. I'm sure it will not make a blind bit of difference as we have not threatend with shutting the site down. And we ain't about to do that just yet. Only time will tell.

So to finish off, a big thanks to all you Fruit Machine Emulator Authors, Layout authors, resource gatherers all without this site would be pointless.

And thanks to all the people that help and support the running of this site.
Wozza

#5 funy

funy

• New Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 23 February 2004 - 01:19 PM

with any luck i should be able to make a contribution in the next month or so so long as my car doesnt go bang again! lol

Deffo worth it for the hours of enjoyment the sites given me :)
"You don't think there's anything amiss? I'm sitting here wearing a red and white checked gingham dress and army boots and you think that's un-amiss? "

#6 duplu

duplu

Previous Owner

• Regulars
  • 2857 posts

Posted 23 February 2004 - 01:30 PM

I donated end of last week some time. Still waiting for it to show up when i post...*shrug*

Sorry mate, Paypal didn't e-mail me to say I'd received a payment which they usually do. Your account has now been updated and thanks for the donation.

#7 Sandoran

Sandoran

• New Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 23 February 2004 - 03:29 PM

Sorry mate, Paypal didn't e-mail me to say I'd received a payment which they usually do. Your account has now been updated and thanks for the donation.

No problem, I wasn't complaining! I'm happy to help anyway...

(Besides, the kid in your avatar is wearing a spurs shirt...WINNER!)
I'm back! yay!

#8 funy

funy

• New Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 23 February 2004 - 05:21 PM

whats the scale for donations.?

IE bronze = £??, silver = etc...
"You don't think there's anything amiss? I'm sitting here wearing a red and white checked gingham dress and army boots and you think that's un-amiss? "

#9 Sandoran

Sandoran

• New Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 23 February 2004 - 05:24 PM

It's on the main page!

Bronze = £5
Silver= £10
Gold = £20
I'm back! yay!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users