#1 DaemonX

DaemonX

The Devil's Advocate

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1869 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 06:05 PM

Hi all,

I'm not one to beg, but I'm pissed off. :)

I've got an old PC that uses DDR (184 pin), and I want it to go a little faster. I've just brought a 512MB upgrade, and must have had a problem installing it as the PC went beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep.

When I looked at the ram, one of the metal connections (or whatever you call the gold bits at the bottom) was missing, and it's never worked. I'm now back on my old ram knowing I can't take this back to the shop.

Anyone know where I can get some DDR cheap (I can get it for £16, so anywhere cheaper would be nice) Or anyone have any spare.
Not every pet in Pet Society is sweet and innocent....

#2 johnjohn

johnjohn

• New Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 06:32 PM

pm sent ;)

#3 DaemonX

DaemonX

The Devil's Advocate

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1869 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 06:46 PM

Cheers johnjohn, would never have thought of that :)

#4 stanmarsh14

stanmarsh14

Sado-masochist

• Gold Supporters
  • 3120 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 10:05 AM

If you are in a bit of a bind, can get some second user strips from a place in town that's just opened up.

Think it's roughaly £20 for 2 x 1gig strips (Checked myself for a upgrade to a sck939 rig I have), but will need to check.

#5 DaemonX

DaemonX

The Devil's Advocate

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1869 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 04:45 PM

Thats a damn good price. if you wouldn't mind checking mate, I'm off til Wednesday, but if they do it, let me know and I'll get back to ya then.

#6 dilos

dilos

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 221 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 06:14 PM

If you are in a bit of a bind, can get some second user strips from a place in town that's just opened up.

Think it's roughaly £20 for 2 x 1gig strips (Checked myself for a upgrade to a sck939 rig I have), but will need to check.

I'm looking for some ram for my IBM thinkcentre its DDR pc2700 ram i think does this new place sell can you check for us plz mate...Looking for 1 or 2 gig strip..

PM if u would cheers

#7 stanmarsh14

stanmarsh14

Sado-masochist

• Gold Supporters
  • 3120 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 10:56 PM

What i'll do is get the full price list off the guy tomorrow, as I need to pick up a cheep dvd reader.

The prices I quoted, are actualy for DDR2, not normal DDR, so the cost maybe slightaly more, but even so, tis still a good price over new, and the guys seam they can be trusted so far (Had a number of bits off em already, and been impressed so far).

I'm looking for some ram for my IBM thinkcentre its DDR pc2700 ram i think does this new place sell can you check for us plz mate...Looking for 1 or 2 gig strip..

PM if u would cheers

Probs will be 1 gig strips, or I can poss get 2 x 512mb / 1 gig as a matched pair, which would work better in dual channel mode, thus giving you better speed overall.

#8 >_>

>_>

Shifty

• New Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 04:02 PM

If youre still looking I have a stick of 512MB about somewhere. I dont know if it works or not though as i dont have a machine that uses DDR anymore, you can have it for a fiver if you can pay with paypal. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users