FRUIT MACHINE SCAM?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 george999

george999

• New Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 20 February 2004 - 11:45 PM

dont know if this will work coz i've never tried it before but if u tie string round a pound coin then put in the machine, is it possible to pull it back out and get free spins

:roll:

#2 funy

funy

• New Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 20 February 2004 - 11:50 PM

lol good one :)

interesting idea, go to some pub you never go to, at least if you get barred for trying it you wont lose out. bit of cotton properly tied on.

I suspect there is a kind of one way valve/door type thing so that once its gone down the tub it cant come back.
"You don't think there's anything amiss? I'm sitting here wearing a red and white checked gingham dress and army boots and you think that's un-amiss? "

#3 george999

george999

• New Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 20 February 2004 - 11:52 PM

lol, hopefully not on temple of treasure

#4 shaun2097

shaun2097

• Regulars
  • 993 posts

Posted 21 February 2004 - 12:08 AM

no this wont work!!!

after the mars mech (coin flow) has accecpted the coin it has to go through a led sensor. if it does not reach the sensor then no credit is given. if credit is given then a "gate" is operated to prevent you pulling the £1.00 coin back up 4 another try. if u want, u can tryand u will fail.
(i tried this method 10 yrs ago)

#5 Scmooster

Scmooster

• New Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 21 February 2004 - 07:09 AM

Geez Shaun, I hope she's taken her teeth out, 8O Handy though, having a solenoid neck. :?

#6 Sandoran

Sandoran

• New Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 21 February 2004 - 05:46 PM

I think the only real fruit machine scam is the fruit machines themselves! Robbin pieces of...lol
I'm back! yay!

#7 eyleyro

eyleyro

fur face

• New Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 21 February 2004 - 09:59 PM

Ooooh... top cat lives

#8 fruitymad2003

fruitymad2003

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1964 posts

Posted 21 February 2004 - 10:59 PM

IMOH all fruit machines are scams but we still play them

#9 mrmystery83

mrmystery83

Ho, Ho, Ho Merry Xmas!

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1098 posts

Posted 22 February 2004 - 01:22 PM

yeah there's only 1 winner in the long term and your deluding ya self if anyone thinks otherwise. That's assuming ya play them regular like i do.
Ey Up!

More vids to be added soon:
www.youtube.com/mrmystery83

"I don't care if the fans rip the shirt from my back. They put it there"

-Elvis

#10 mrmystery83

mrmystery83

Ho, Ho, Ho Merry Xmas!

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1098 posts

Posted 22 February 2004 - 01:24 PM

yeah there was this lad i used to know that reckoned ya could put a pound on a bit of string and get unlimited credits etc. But as people have already said sensors in the fruity stop this from happening. I bet it may still work with some old machines mind you.
Ey Up!

More vids to be added soon:
www.youtube.com/mrmystery83

"I don't care if the fans rip the shirt from my back. They put it there"

-Elvis

#11 Viking

Viking

• New Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 February 2004 - 05:27 PM

I remember some lads doing this in a local arcade about 15/20 years ago. It worked with tokens not coins, because they were less uniform and in this particular arcade had two grooves in them where the thread could sit.

Didn't last too long but I think they made a fair amount at the time.

Modern coin mechs are far too sensitive to allow anything to go back up without screaming blue murder and getting a lot attention. However, since there has to be some slack in terms of size, weight of coins, etc. there have been recent(ish) scams with washers, Austrian Schillings and various other currency coins of no real value which have registered as pound coins. BOY is that annoying when you win a few quid out of one and the landlord tells you to F off when you ask him to change them since they came out of his machine!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users