5 replies to this topic

#1 bladefan2

bladefan2

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • Pip
  • 321 posts

Posted 18 February 2004 - 10:16 PM

I've recently purchased the classic Maygay Gladiators fruit machine (10p for £5 JP).

I didn't get any instructions with it unfortunately :cry:

Does anybody know how I can turn the sound down (I've found a volume hi-pot on the main board - but when screw it down, it's still extremely loud).

Also, I think the percentage is set too low (around 72%). Does anybody know how to increase it to pay out more often, as I keep getting kicked off the feature board whenever I eventually get on the board !! I think I need to purchase a 9-pin percentage key or something, but I think it's possible to change some DIP switches or something ?

Thank you

Jay

#2 M1Adness

M1Adness

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • Pip
  • 199 posts

Posted 21 February 2004 - 10:24 PM

I've recently purchased the classic Maygay Gladiators fruit machine (10p for £5 JP).

I didn't get any instructions with it unfortunately :cry:

Does anybody know how I can turn the sound down (I've found a volume hi-pot on the main board - but when screw it down, it's still extremely loud).

Also, I think the percentage is set too low (around 72%). Does anybody know how to increase it to pay out more often, as I keep getting kicked off the feature board whenever I eventually get on the board !! I think I need to purchase a 9-pin percentage key or something, but I think it's possible to change some DIP switches or something ?

Thank you

Jay

There should be a short stick protuding from the back of the program card (square card raised from the M1/A/B board) in the middle of the board, turn this left and right to adjust volume. Sometimes the stick is broken off but can still be adjusted with a screwdriver.

To change the percentage you either need to adjust the four dipswitches on the percentage key (if your machine is fitted with a variable key) or swap the fixed 9pin D Plug for one with a different percentage value.

Percentage on this machine has nothing to do with the two banks of switches on the M1/A/B board.

If your key is not variable and you believe it is 72% then look for a white coloured 9 pin plug, same plug type as a PC serial port. 72% keys are white, 80% blue, 84% orange and so on.

If you have a variable key then let me know what percentage you want and I can look up the setting for you. To get you started 84% (manufacturers recommendation) is switch 1,2,3 off, switch 4 on.

Note that fixed keys are standard across the industry, however I am not sure if a dual stake/percentage key will work or not, just try and get a fixed percentage key if you can. They come up on ebay from time to time.
It is also possible to make them from parts.

#3 bladefan2

bladefan2

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • Pip
  • 321 posts

Posted 22 February 2004 - 01:01 AM

I located the short stick protuding from the back of the program card and turned it as far to the left as it will go (it was already in this position) but the sound is still extremely loud (I've got some insulation tape covering the outer casing of the speaker to try and muffle it a bit !)

Unfortunately I don't have a percentage key with any dip switches - it's a white coloured 9pin D Plug (as you said it would be) so it looks like it's stuck on 72% unless I change it for a different coloured one - I've found a site that does different coloured percentage keys - CMJS Leisure (where I got my 100 bulbs from !). I'll see if they do a percentage key with DIP switches so it's also possible to increase/decrease the percentage whenever I feel like it !!

I managed to replace all my bulbs (including the ones that sit within the reels) thanks to your instructions on how to remove the reels - you were right - it wasn't that difficult a task. Thanks a million for that.

I was surprised when I removed the number reel to find the 'whistle' picture did not have any bulbs (or bulb holder) for it - I'm sure I've seen it in amusements - oh well !!!

The only other bulb I can't replace is within the 'start' button - it's all-enclosed and looks out of my depth really.

Thanks for mentioning about the red button on the bottom of the board to be able to go through the menu's - I had no idea this existed having got no instructions - this helped me a lot to identify non-working bulbs, reel alignment, to automatically pay out 20 and £1 coins, etc. It's a shame there were no menu to be able to turn the sound down !!!!!!!

Thank you once again for all your help.

I'm extremely happy to be playing my fruit machine now !! :lol:

Cheers M1Adness !!!

#4 M1Adness

M1Adness

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • Pip
  • 199 posts

Posted 22 February 2004 - 01:12 PM

Excellent glad it all helped.

Would you mind if your question gets posted to the website as well? We can put the solutions up which may help other people in future.

To replace the start button lamp you need to remove the coin tubes. On the left hand side of the cabinet at the top of the tubes you will see a retaining clip. Simply push (or pull) the clip and it will click out of place. Then tubes themselves sit on a removable board. Look at the base of the tubes either for another of those plastic clips we talked about earlier or sometimes it is screwed in (if the clip broke at any time). Lift the clip or remove the screw and the whole tube assembly should slide out allowing you access to the start button.

All this will be covered in some guides we will be putting up on the site soon.

#5 bladefan2

bladefan2

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • Pip
  • 321 posts

Posted 23 February 2004 - 03:09 PM

Hi

I don't mind you putting posts on the website at all - you've been a massive help already - thanks for the latest solution to the start button problem.

I'll do this once I receive the replacement start button in the post.

Again, thanks a million for your help - I would not have had the faintest idea about how to replace most of these bulbs

Jay

#6 bladefan2

bladefan2

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • Pip
  • 321 posts

Posted 26 February 2004 - 09:50 PM

I would like to post this is as a final entry to this discussion

I've managed to sort everything out with my fruit machine (including the final piece of the jigsaw - the non-flashing Start button which now flashes!) - thanks to everyone concerned who's been most helpful

I'm as happy as Larry !!

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

The power of the Forum !!

A massive praise for M1Adness ! hip hip hooray !!!!!!!!

cheers
Jay

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users