• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 ninja-uk

ninja-uk

• New Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 12:24 PM

Hi ,
I am new to these excellent forums , couple of quick questions for you experts out there :-
1) How do i set my Simpsons Maygay Fruit machine from 5p play to 10p play?
2) Does anyone have a source for 2p play penny pushers (aka coin nudgers)

My experience is total noob at this stuff, my 3 kids (single dad looking after my own 3) , love the machines after our recent trip to Minehead (Butlins)

Thank You In Advance !!

Ninja

#2 Matty.N

Matty.N

• Regulars
  • 3111 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 12:35 PM

im not sure aboiut changing the price of play but someone else on here will tell you
as for the 2p pushers you can either

A) Buy them off ebay
B) Look in bargain pages, newspapaers etc

or C) go here -
Harry Levy Amusement Contractors Ltd.
http://www.crowndire...Hand&class=secp

these are used machines off various manufacturers

may be pricey but if you really want one the i suppose you take what you can get

#3 lincs1

lincs1

He Who Dares Wins

• Banned
  • 3803 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 12:55 PM

within the simpsons machine there should be a stakes n prize variable key.

check pic for settings and flick to the setting u require. :)

if its a fixed stakes and price key then you will need to purchase a variable key

your best bet for pushers would be ebay.

buying pushers direct from a manufacturer will cost u thousands rather than hundreds.

i have a m8 in brid who has a few 2p pusher machines but wheather he'll sell i don't know as they are excellent money earners, but i'll find out for ya if the price is right

Attached Files

#4 ninja-uk

ninja-uk

• New Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 01:21 PM

within the simpsons machine there should be a stakes n prize variable key.

if its a fixed stakes and price key then you will need to purchase a variable key

OK I cant find the switches the only bank of switch i see are on the main board, and there are 2 banks of 8, although they are all currently set to off, would it be easier if i photograph the inside of the machien for you ?

As for buying a varible key, what would i do with this, where would it go ?

thank you for your assistance...

#5 Matty.N

Matty.N

• Regulars
  • 3111 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 01:41 PM

OK I cant find the switches the only bank of switch i see are on the main board, and there are 2 banks of 8, although they are all currently set to off, would it be easier if i photograph the inside of the machien for you ?

As for buying a varible key, what would i do with this, where would it go ?

thank you for your assistance...

yes that would help

& they are available off ebay

Adjustable Prize / Stake Key for Fruit Machine

and it would go where the old stake/prize key was

#6 ninja-uk

ninja-uk

• New Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 04:29 PM

Hi thanks for the excellent replies guys.

I bought the recomended key from ebay, it arrived and I set it up now problem...

Now tell me about the connector next to the payouts and steak key I have inserted.

Can I lower the percentage ? at the moment its just a plug in serial port with a wire going from one connector to the other on the back (Soldered).

Bear in mind this is a home machine, not club or situated anywhere other then my home, so lowering the percentage is not illegal (i assume)

thanks again guys :)

One Happy Guy ;)

#7 Guest_tommy c_*

Guest_tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 May 2009 - 07:31 PM

Hi thanks for the excellent replies guys.

I bought the recomended key from ebay, it arrived and I set it up now problem...

Now tell me about the connector next to the payouts and steak key I have inserted.

Can I lower the percentage ? at the moment its just a plug in serial port with a wire going from one connector to the other on the back (Soldered).

Bear in mind this is a home machine, not club or situated anywhere other then my home, so lowering the percentage is not illegal (i assume)

thanks again guys :)

One Happy Guy ;)

It would of been easier if you had bought a switchable % key aswell because if the other is wired and solderd you may knacker it up messing with it.

#8 ninja-uk

ninja-uk

• New Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 09:41 PM

its not actually wired and soldered, it has a plug plugged into it, which you can see teh wire soildered onto, i.e. i can unplug the plug, like i did to put the stakes and payout key in

I notice on Goldrushspares.com it says this :-

Adjustable Percentage Keys make your life easy. Avoid having multiple keys, with just one adjustable key you can have every setting available at your finger tips from 70% to 98%. Keys just plug in and replace your old key. Keys come with an easy setting chart sticker that shows you exactly how to change the setting. Included:

is there a way to make it lower then 70% ?

thanks again

Edited by ninja-uk, 21 May 2009 - 09:47 PM.
missed something

#9 voodoomau5

voodoomau5

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 10:27 PM

There probably is somehow but as the percent key usually only has settings for 70% lowest then that's all it can do with a percent key, the simpsons on lower than 70% could work as a horror movie:lol:

Mind you saying that ferries can have their machines set at 60 somethng percent(good ol' laws)

right now i've confused myself so i'll leave it to the experts lmao

#10 Guest_tommy c_*

Guest_tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 May 2009 - 11:37 PM

thanks again

There proberbley is but it aint legal to do it on fruit machines you would play anywere unless it was a traveling fairground;).

#11 ninja-uk

ninja-uk

• New Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 12:45 AM

There proberbley is but it aint legal to do it on fruit machines you would play anywere unless it was a traveling fairground;).

like i mentioned its not anywhere but my own front room, which only myself and kids use as a savings box

#12 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 01:31 PM

thanks again

Hope you don't mind me asking, but why?
Ben

Hopefully recovering from years of compulsive gambling and wanting to be gamble free forever.

Recommended reading - http://www.gamblersaloud.com/ (yes, I bought the book, very happy with it!)

#13 gambogaz1

gambogaz1

• Regulars
  • 612 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 02:06 PM

like i mentioned its not anywhere but my own front room, which only myself and kids use as a savings box

So why would you want to lower the setting below 70% ?? Surely you'd want it on a high setting so that you get an enjoyable play?? not just spin spin spin with a feature chucked in every Ooooo 2 hours or so!!

Oops Bencrest beat me to it, note to self "must read full thread before replying"

#14 ninja-uk

ninja-uk

• New Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 03:10 PM

because , we are pumping loads of money into it for savings for our holiday so it was all agreed :)

thanks again fro quick replies :)

#15 pimpalicious

pimpalicious

• New Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 03:31 PM

Well, if you did find programs for a lower %age, it would be custom made, and expensive, and probably illeagal.

If you want to save for a holiday, get a large whiskey bottle, and drop in pound coins.

The main reason for buying a fruit machine is to enjoy it..so enjoy it!, and even at 70% you will be pumping the cash in quickly, and little return.

I may sound a little angry, but I'm bewildered why you have chosen this way to save money, for a holiday.

Anyway, enjoy the machine.

Pimp.

#16 ninja-uk

ninja-uk

• New Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 08:43 AM

its cool, just got a couple more machines last night, one of them an old monopoly 60th anniversary edition machine, haven't done anything with them, and just been out and opened a savings account , so all savings being done there :)

probably start a thread on the new machines if I get any problems, looking forward to learning a little more :)

#17 voodoomau5

voodoomau5

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 12:39 PM

its cool, just got a couple more machines last night, one of them an old monopoly 60th anniversary edition machine, haven't done anything with them, and just been out and opened a savings account , so all savings being done there :)

probably start a thread on the new machines if I get any problems, looking forward to learning a little more :)

:lol: Soon you'll be spending more money buying machines than actually saving money in them ;)

#18 ninja-uk

ninja-uk

• New Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 06:37 PM

:lol: Soon you'll be spending more money buying machines than actually saving money in them ;)

Oh I got the buzz :) loving it, actually 'fixed' some of the errors i was getting on the Monopoly one today, loving learning little tricks and stuff, although I am gonna need a JPM key and somehow make some decals for this one , so i can drop the 20p play £10 jackpot down to 5p xx jackpot

#19 Guest_tommy c_*

Guest_tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 May 2009 - 10:06 PM

so i can drop the 20p play £10 jackpot down to 5p xx jackpot

spin, spin, spin, spin, spin, spin.:D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users