20 replies to this topic

#1 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 01:07 PM

Well, having been very busy as of late, Ive had a couple of days to work on this yesterday and today.

Last night saw sampled sound now working 99% properly. There are a few minor glitches very occasionally, but the games are very playable and the small errors are not annoying. All that happens is that a sample will sometimes play too long. But not by much and not very often.

Empire sound has been fixed too.

Ive included the sound rom decoding into the source too. So sound roms can now be loaded directly in, removing the need to decode in MFME first.

Done a lot of tidying of the editor, many little bug fixes where things werent saving properly or behaving oddly.

There is now a scroll function for those with smaller res. So you can either keep the machine its original size, and scroll up and down the machine, or you can scale the layout down to fit the screen.

I have improved the CHR slightly to allow use for more machines. Still no BWB / Crystal CHR's yet, more on that later.

I have fixed 99% of the crashing bugs when loading a new layout or changing resolution. Occasionally it will crash, but nowhere near as often as before. I would equate it with MFME, not quite perfect, but the few times it does crash aren't too annoying as they are few and far between.

Extra sounds are now mostly in, I just need a sample of some coin tube kickouts and coins landing in the tray. (If you have some you are willing to share, please do).

I have fixed the Anti-Aliasing and Ansiotrpic Filtering so that it changes properly now.

Help files should be going in today, along with more tidying up and an updated about box. Other little fixes will also be completed today too.

A reel splitter will be put in today too, as well as finishing off of the MFME importer. It can only import about 80% of the information, and I'll explain all this in the docs, so layouts will need a bit of finishing when Imported but will drastically reduce the time taken to import things accross.

Tomorrow I can pick up the extended 7Seg board from Nickelodeon, and the large lamp extender from Blues Boys. That should get most of the large extenders emulated. And then synth sound is up.

So there you have it 2 extenders and synth sound and its ready for release after today.

For several reasons its now upto V1.3.0

I would hope that by this time next week, it'll be released.

Oh and speed wise, you wont believe it when compared to v1.1.1 (the last public release).

I need testers too, you will need a bit of free time (about an hour minimum), preferably known members please, if you are not sure if this means you, it doesnt hurt to post anyway.

So there you have it. You are about 1 week away.

Also...

Ive added a heads up display to show when things have happened. I felt that constantly having to click ok was annoying. Online mode has been tested and works, but needs bit of tidying. The inbuilt chat works like a dream. And a few new screenshots for you.

Attached Files

Project Amber 2 - Coming Soon

#2 exibizarep

exibizarep

• Regulars
  • 177 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 01:41 PM

Looks good fella.

I have noticed of late their have been a few arguments on this board, where your emulator has been a subject of discussion shall we say.

Is this going to be available for everyone to download or a select few?

Apologise for the ignorance if you have posted this answer already.

#3 Matty.N

Matty.N

• Regulars
  • 3111 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 01:46 PM

There is now a scroll function for those with smaller res. So you can either keep the machine its original size, and scroll up and down the machine, or you can scale the layout down to fit the screen.

You are going to be a making a lot of people happy ;D

I need testers too, you will need a bit of free time (about an hour minimum), preferably known members please, if you are not sure if this means you, it doesnt hurt to post anyway.

and what day will testing be? im half free today but not free till afternoon tomorrow

#4 Guest_tommy c_*

Guest_tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 May 2009 - 02:13 PM

Excellent news everything coming along nicley with this now will look forward to the release.

#5 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 02:41 PM

Is this going to be available for everyone to download or a select few?

Everyone.

#6 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 02:42 PM

and what day will testing be? im half free today but not free till afternoon tomorrow

Anytime between now and next Sunday.

#7 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 08:07 PM

Anytime between now and next Sunday.

I think this is where a problem arose a while ago....

Best not give a time-scale Guitar as some don't relise theres possible problems and other things to do in 'real-land' and you'll get shot again if its not on time!

I'm looking forward to it though, whenever it's compleated.

#8 Matty.N

Matty.N

• Regulars
  • 3111 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 08:42 PM

I think this is where a problem arose a while ago....

Best not give a time-scale Guitar as some don't relise theres possible problems and other things to do in 'real-land' and you'll get shot again if its not on time!

I'm looking forward to it though, whenever it's compleated.

re read my comment ady ;)

#9 spa

spa

Layout Designer

• Moderators
  • 2494 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 08:45 PM

Great to see it all coming together :)

http://www.youtube.com/FruitVideos - My youtube channel

https://drive.google...R3ZTMTBIQTdwWUU- My Drive

#10 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 08:46 PM

re read my comment ady ;)

Aye Matty.....but if you see a problem there may be a further delay mate.

My comment above was just we know that we get hounded if we give a time-scale....I have wips (not the same I know) and have it in my ear all the time as I just haven't had the time.

That was a 'friendly' reply of mine buddy....not me being critical.

#11 Fruity_Goodness

Fruity_Goodness

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 236 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 09:48 PM

Nicely nicely. Don't forget the volume slider eh? Good chap.
He who wrestles with a turd will be beshitted whether he fall under it or over it.

#12 Matty.N

Matty.N

• Regulars
  • 3111 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 10:05 PM

Aye Matty.....but if you see a problem there may be a further delay mate.

My comment above was just we know that we get hounded if we give a time-scale....I have wips (not the same I know) and have it in my ear all the time as I just haven't had the time.

That was a 'friendly' reply of mine buddy....not me being critical.

im confused now lol

the timescale he gave (whihc you quoted)was for when a tester was needed, not release

if your refering to this

So there you have it. You are about 1 week away.

Why not quite that? :p

#13 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 12:29 PM

Test versions are packed up and ready now. Release day will be Sunday.

Test versions will be getting updated between now and then. But the testers are there to ensure buttons work as they should, and to suggest improvements.

#14 Geddy

Geddy

Banned

• Banned
  • 3433 posts

Donator

Posted 05 May 2009 - 03:26 PM

Who got the testing jobs if I may ask?

#15 DildoDez

DildoDez

• Regulars
  • 1104 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 04:06 PM

I have wips (not the same I know) and have it in my ear all the time as I just haven't had the time.

Talking of WIPs, are you still working on Fruit Fall?

;)

#16 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 06:24 PM

Who got the testing jobs if I may ask?

So far there are 2 or 3 peeps who have offered help. I'll have to consult them first before I release names. However i am still accepting applications.

#17 Mr House

Mr House

Sometimes Critical

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 199 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 06:45 PM

May I ask, did Geddy's ideas and suggestions that he came up with ever get done?

Did you move forward from the issues that he rasied?

:undecided:

#18 Matty.N

Matty.N

• Regulars
  • 3111 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 09:53 PM

my offer still stands btw

got XP & vista so can test in both :p

#19 Geddy

Geddy

Banned

• Banned
  • 3433 posts

Donator

Posted 06 May 2009 - 03:59 PM

So far there are 2 or 3 peeps who have offered help. I'll have to consult them first before I release names. However i am still accepting applications.

I offered at the Mecca a few days ago but heard nothing... :D

#20 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 10:52 PM

I offered at the Mecca a few days ago but heard nothing... :D

Updated the mecca ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic