Posted 25 March 2009 - 05:51 PM

lol glad we are both on the same lines.

#22 Dougsta

Dougsta

Stampede!

• Silver Supporters
  • 806 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 06:05 PM

How can you justify losing that kind of cash on a fruit machine. I'd be bored stiff after the first £200, let alone £2000.

£2k is more than the average monthly wage before deductions, I believe.

If you have the money to burn I suppose its fair enough, but I'd like to think if I had unlimited cash that I would find better things to do than playing a fruit machine for 6 hours. Or you could give the £2k to charity :bigeyes11:

#23 letemspin

letemspin

• Regulars
  • 93 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 06:10 PM

Edit: To add, the keen eyed of you will notice that 1 cycle in this situation will cost more than half a million pounds. So no wins for a few k is more than likely in some situations.

The odds of winning the top 5 prizes in any order, consecutively would be 1 in 35,183,684,898,762,247,372,812,288,000

Assuming 512,000 numbers in sequence. thats 512,000 * 511,999 * 511,998 * 511,997 * 511,996.

Good Luck :)

Well yes, but assuming a 94% payout (as I believe some of these types of machines are supposedly set), this would yield a total prize fund of £481,280 per £512,000 staked. That's alot of prize money to get rid of; if the machine only ever paid out a £500 prize, this would have to be given once in as little as every £532 staked, on average.

Of course, the actual frequency of JPs will be wholly dependant on the designed-in win profile and if this is particularly flat with loads of piddling little wins, the JP frequency will be very considerably lower. Still, allowing for the fact that all small wins are inevitably recycled anyway rather than collected, it seems fairly inconceivable to me that such a machine could go for a £2000 net take at a time without at least a major prize of say, £200 or more. Conversely, if such machines really are massively weighted towards small wins, it would take much longer than a few hours to actually lose two grand.

At 94%, the true, mean cost per spin is only 6 pence, assuming £1/play. Try losing £2000 on a 5p play AWP, regardless of payout% and/or profile!

Cavey

#24 spa

spa

Layout Designer

• Moderators
  • 2494 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 08:00 PM

Random? It's got a funny way of showing it :)

Someone do the maths, it'll scare the shit out of you! Who fancies a shot on Rainbow riches now?

Attached Files

http://www.youtube.com/FruitVideos - My youtube channel

https://drive.google...R3ZTMTBIQTdwWUU- My Drive

#25 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 10:14 PM

Random? It's got a funny way of showing it :)

Someone do the maths, it'll scare the shit out of you! Who fancies a shot on Rainbow riches now?

Spa pump it mate........its ready lol :bigeyes19:

It would be nice to know the true meaning of the 'random' claim that these machines suggest, to know the actual cycle from a factory set would be very interesting.......from there on a few weeks later in an atmosphere where its been played for a fair bit to level itself.

Then lets see the data that the machine holds.

----------

S21, S16 .... now the B's

---------

Bring back tokens I say where you had a chance lol

#26 Richard

Richard

• New Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 01:56 AM

Afaik the whole lot is predetermined. As random on computers (or any other electronic device) is never really true random. The way they do it is to put in the RNG. This takes (for instance) the numbers 1 to 512,000. What it will do is jumble up the numbers 1 to 512,000 and store them in order, so each number only ever appears once. Then what they do is give each number a value of prize. This bit gets quite complicated mathematically. But something like numbers 1 to 256,000 will win nothing. 256,001 to 492,000 win 50p and so on. The percentage is worked out over the fact that once it has paid every number once (in random sequence) it will have paid out 92% (or whatver it is) When it uses all the numbers it jumbles the sequence again.

To alter the profile what you can do is increase the number of numbers that result in big wins, but reduce the number of small wins accordingly. Giving you control of the percentage and the profile in a random enviroment.

Edit: To add, the keen eyed of you will notice that 1 cycle in this situation will cost more than half a million pounds. So no wins for a few k is more than likely in some situations.

The odds of winning the top 5 prizes in any order, consecutively would be 1 in 35,183,684,898,762,247,372,812,288,000

Assuming 512,000 numbers in sequence. thats 512,000 * 511,999 * 511,998 * 511,997 * 511,996.

Good Luck :)

Infact this method is not a truely random game, as the chance of a JP is not the same on every spin, ie. if it has given the jp numbers in the huge cycle you then have no chance of getting it if you were to play it at that point until the next cycle of numbers.

A truely random game has the same odds of every win, every spin - whether this is the case in uk games is another question.

Infact this topic is a rather debatable one and it has always puzzled me as to whether these machines are run in the follwing fashion. Do they draw from a set of numbers corresponding to their past average percentage payout? Let me elaborate further for everyone here, if the machine has payed over its stated say 90% payout, it would draw a random number from a set of numbers with an average payout of less than 90% just to help get the total average payout back to the stated 90%, or vice versa if its paying out lower than 90%, draw from a higher than 90% set of numbers. Remember as the machine is still drawing a random number in either case, it is still random, however your chances of a jp are much higher when drawing from a higher average payout set of numbers....

In legality terms does such play constitute a random machine still? Or is this compensated? Or does no one care and the companies get away with whatever they like :p

#27 voodoomau5

voodoomau5

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 03:23 AM

Pies knows the answer, for pies knows all.

#28 sharpy2005

sharpy2005

Advanced Member

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 04:04 AM

You can have a theoretical percentage payout on a random machine.

If a machine had 1 reel with 10 characters, 9 were o's and 1 was an x where an x paid £10, then the percentage would be 90% if it were £1 a go. You could in theory lose £100 before the x came in in, but over the course of many thousands of goes, it would eventually hit percentage.

It's the same on a "random" machine. It is a mathematical equation that works out the percentage but on a bigger scale.

These £500 machine's pay lots of small wins which is why they can take ages to pay a jackpot.

It would be interesting for an arcade owner to publish figures from one of his b3's, ie) money in / money out

I've got access to a B3 Vegas Nights machine in our local club which came in two days ago, give us a month and I'll post the figures on here.

#29 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 11:15 AM

I've got access to a B3 Vegas Nights machine in our local club which came in two days ago, give us a month and I'll post the figures on here.

I hope it wasn't Rileys :(

#30 SMAAAARTY

SMAAAARTY

• New Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 10:45 AM

5 leprechauns today first time ever got £75, i was a bit gutted but glad of the money and walked away with £100 from £10 stake.

#31 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 11:37 AM

this olde debait again.. cant be bothered this time, maybe next....

#32 mrg666

mrg666

• New Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 06:14 PM

all these machines randomly generate numbers even if u r not playing the machine.
this means if the correct code does not come up 4 a jpot u can pump infinite amounts in without getting any reward ok

#33 SUPER7

SUPER7

Shouldn't Fruit Machines Payout Fruit??

• Regulars
  • 642 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 07:42 PM

Only a few words to say, STAY away fromthe b3's!! :bigeyes30:

#34 sharpy2005

sharpy2005

Advanced Member

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 08:58 PM

It was, however, our local one is still running. I'll see if I can get the data soon.

#35 pimpalicious

pimpalicious

• New Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 10:22 PM

2 questions

1) As mentioned before, putting 2K into machine demonstrates the fool and their money principle, there's no such thing as a back pocket with 2000 loose pound coins, especially in todays climate

2) If (hypothetically) these machines are random, if you "forced the machine" to a 500 JP, and it rolled in..and you reset the machine before it banked..would a JP roll back in "JPM arcadia old skool style", or not due to it's randomness on the next few spins?

Either way, I'm glad to be out of the country, and when I do return I'll be walking around arcades open jawed, and playing 5 quid under 18's machines, and even then some are chipped to pay out 80-100 in one session.

But BACTA, the govt. and the Manufacturers cry "We're just responding to player feedback"

Umkay.

Pimp.

#36 ritdav

ritdav

• Regulars
  • 389 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 11:02 PM

a few week ago I put £6 into one and won £125 at a service station.The good thing about this is that I now have very little interest in playing machines that have a £35 JP the bad thing is whenever I see a RR i won't be able to resist putting in a few coins so far I haven't encountered one.Had it been 20 years ago this would have triggered a gambling frenzy for me.But I am older and wiser I know this is a one in million win.It will probably never happen again to me.

#37 ForYouToEnvy

ForYouToEnvy

Prince says....Raghead

• Regulars
  • 902 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 12:53 PM

I guess if its not paying out then the need to keep putting more in to "Try" and get a big win helps but well I never spend more than about £20 in them. Although got £300 on 3 leppys before from £1 :)

afaik you cant get £300 on 3 leppys

#38 stanmarsh14

stanmarsh14

Sado-masochist

• Gold Supporters
  • 3120 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 02:12 PM

Likewise.... Our local one has gone bust, but Nottingham site is still open on St James St.

#39 superbank

superbank

Antagonist

• Gold Supporters
  • 567 posts

Donator

Posted 20 April 2009 - 09:11 PM

afaik you cant get £300 on 3 leppys

I've had £350 off 3

#40 Guest_tommy c_*

Guest_tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 April 2009 - 09:37 PM

I seen a bloke get the 500 off 3 leppys and iv'e seen the 500 off 3 monsters on monty python which did suprise me with how rubbish that game is.:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users