10 replies to this topic

#1 DaemonX

DaemonX

The Devil's Advocate

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1869 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 09:28 AM

Ok... I know EVERYONE has a mobile phone these days, so I thought I'd ask.

I currently have a Sony Ericsson K800i (still worth £25 according to envirophone)

When I last renewed my contact, I got a Nokia Luna (did anyone actually have one of these lol, I only got it to trade on Envirophone, with the Argos vouchers, I borught a new TV LOL)

Anyway... back on topic.

My contract is running out in a month, I've been looking at direct places like O2, Vodafone etc, even E2save (where I normally go), however, since the days of the Nokia N95, I've not really been in touch with the market, so I don't know what is good and what isn't.

Anyone have any ideas what is a decent phone nowadays, I'll have a look at all recommendations.

I don't mind too much about the Camera, and it's gotta be sensible please as I don't want to spend more that £20 £25 on the actual contract, so none of these... the Blackberry 9000 etc as I don't want to pay for the phone, or get it free on a £75 a month contact etc.
Not every pet in Pet Society is sweet and innocent....

#2 Geddy

Geddy

Banned

• Banned
  • 3433 posts

Donator

Posted 28 February 2009 - 10:22 AM

iphone :D

#3 DaemonX

DaemonX

The Devil's Advocate

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1869 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 10:29 AM

iphone :D

Seriously?

A friend of mine has one and his shuts down every time he's trying to use more than 2 applications, he took it back to the shop and they said you need to make sure all other applications are off when you try to use another lol.

Also, his GPS connects through the internet, so if you're lost, in the middle of nowhere, with no signal, you can't use the route finding thingy.

Maybe he's got an old one, as I knew they had problems when they first came out.

#4 Geddy

Geddy

Banned

• Banned
  • 3433 posts

Donator

Posted 28 February 2009 - 10:51 AM

I am probs not the best to ask, I have always had Nokias and never had issues with any of them mind you as long as it makes calls and texts I'm fine.

Over at FF a long post about how great the iphone is was posted. Personal choice really. :D

#5 DaemonX

DaemonX

The Devil's Advocate

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1869 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 11:18 AM

I am probs not the best to ask, I have always had Nokias and never had issues with any of them mind you as long as it makes calls and texts I'm fine.

Over at FF a long post about how great the iphone is was posted. Personal choice really. :D

I may pop over and have a look.

Gotta agree on the Nokia thing tho, I've always had them from the old 5110, 3210 etc lol Love the phones really, just not sure which Nokia is best now.

Just went with the K800i for face warp lol

#6 Guest_robinhood75_*

Guest_robinhood75_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 February 2009 - 12:28 PM

The best thing to do is get a dam good phone at a dam good price. To do this you need to play the phone companies off against each other. My dad did this with three, vodafone, orange and T-mobile. He now has a top of the range phone with 1000 minutes, unlimited free texts, free Internet(fair usage) 100 video minutes and all for just £19 a month for 12 months. All he did was say to his current service provider (three) that he was thinking of going over to vodafone. Then he rings voda and says that he wants a contract phone, tells them what his current one will offer him when his contract runs out and so on till you get the best phone for the best price and with the best package. I would deffo give that a try first and see how it goes, but you will have to try and push them as they don't like to give it away lol.

#7 Chopaholic

Chopaholic

Manx Muppet

• Regulars
  • 220 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 12:51 PM

iPhone!

Fruit Forums

#8 duplu

duplu

Previous Owner

• Regulars
  • 2857 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 01:18 PM

iPhone!

Fruit Forums

I have to agree. The iPhone pretty much changed the way I worked and lived my life. People moan about the camera on the i-phone but when you look at most phones the cameras are no where near the quality of a stand alone camera with the same resolution.

I have mine working with a mobile me account and it lets me know the moment I get an e-mail. It doesn't need to check for e-mails every 10 minutes - the phone is sent a signal in the same way as a text. The web browser is excellent over 3G and the number of downloadable useful apps is now in the thousands.

xeepi_logo_email.png

#9 psycho2

psycho2

• New Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 03:10 PM

id go with either samsung tocco or omnia or nokia n95 8 gig still one of best out there all knock spots off i-phone

#10 duplu

duplu

Previous Owner

• Regulars
  • 2857 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 03:21 PM

id go with either samsung tocco or omnia or nokia n95 8 gig still one of best out there all knock spots off i-phone

Nice to see a reasoned argument there :rolleyes:

My wife has a tocco and to be honest Samsungs are the most user unfriendly phones I have ever used.

xeepi_logo_email.png

#11 dtrmad2004

dtrmad2004

Total

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1485 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 04:42 PM

Hated my Iphone ownership. I like to zip through menus and such and the Iphone was a big fail point on speed.

I got bored of phones with a zillion features i'd never use so am currently slumming it with a nice basic Nokia 1200 :D
<a class='bbc_url' href='<a class='bbc_url' href='http://profile.mygam...trmad2004'></a>Posted Image</a><br /><br />Don't gamble with the Recession!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users