donating please help and emu cration

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 stevefry19

stevefry19

• Regulars
  • 59 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 02:17 PM

hi guys i really like the emulators on here and hope to learn to make some i would like to be a site supporter but do not have pay pal and do not have visa etc only a cash card. this site really helps me im 26 and disabled i had a stroke and lost the left side of my body the emus are a great source of entertainment to me and i would like to give bak is there another way to donate or is it just pay pal or card.. also if anyone can help get me started on emu creation it mmuch apriciated many thanks

#2 stanmarsh14

stanmarsh14

Sado-masochist

• Gold Supporters
  • 3120 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 02:39 PM

Welcome bud.... Saw your post over @ DAD's and felt it was not worth repeating myself what I would say here.

I do believe there is a way to send in donations via post, but would need a mod / admin to confirm this and how it's done.

With respect to donations at DAD's, we have now stopped for the time beeing taking payments, as we now have a good enough cash reserve to run the site for now, and would feel donations thurther comming, would be best sent elsewhere, like this site.

Last of all, about making layouts.... There are a number of guides about, and members donating resources to assist in this area. The following link would be a good starting point to give you an idea what you need to start looking at: Tutorials - Fruit-Emu (Fruit Machine Emulation)

As ever, many thanks for your kind comments, and we as an FME community, look forward to supporting your desires :)

#3 stevefry19

stevefry19

• Regulars
  • 59 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 02:43 PM

thanks for the help and comments it is appriciated i seen about posts where people steal and sell i on e bay i not like this and as i said cause of my disability i cant get out and about so these emu's really help keep me busy i get the guide but really want to learn this art and give back to people again thank you

#4 lincs1

lincs1

He Who Dares Wins

• Banned
  • 3803 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 04:11 PM

this thread might also be very helpful to stu aswell as he seems a little bit shy :)

#5 baz

baz

Busy ...

• Layout Creator
  • PipPip
  • 665 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 04:36 PM

If you want to give dx'ing a go, this might help?
A bit rubbish like but it covers most of the basics.

http://www.fruit-emu...own-layout.html

baz
Posted Image

#6 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 04:53 PM

Hello Steve and welcome......

Now I think you have really put a whole new angle on FME with your thread....its our hobby and One in which you can really add to....hope this hobby will help you use some time up as much as your releases will use ours up too lol.

Good luck, read the *links the guys added, and even then post away and if you are a tryer in creating Emulations you'll get 101% backing I promise...

You mentioned DADs......thats where I got loads of help from too when some wern't online here.

*awww Baz thats a pukka step-by-step guide mate....Steve Baz's too modist!

#7 SUPER7

SUPER7

Shouldn't Fruit Machines Payout Fruit??

• Regulars
  • 642 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 06:02 PM

hi m8, i know this is not even near as bad what happened to you but i had a motorbike crash coming up to 4 years ago now, i lost 90% of the movement in my right arm and shattered every bone in my leg. I can get out as much as i like to but finding this site has giving me somthing to do, also i would not mind doing a layout in some time, but i thought till then i will make a donation to the site as a respect for all the work done on here, anyway good luck on the layouts!!

#8 stevefry19

stevefry19

• Regulars
  • 59 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 01:55 AM

thank u guys for all the words and welcomes super 7 thats how mine started from a bike accident i was on front page of echo i live in southend on sea and see ur close by n e thing feels wrong go stright in wish i had .. unfortunatly my card not a debit visa etc and no pay pal i have lost the left side and this site means alot to me as it really helps me to do something also buildin my co-ordination again and little strength here n there pressin buttons it all small but only a start we gotta start somewhere this site is everythin to me and want ot give back hope there a way i can donate but will give layouts a go not like i not have the time again a big thank you to u all and ady thanks for the words

#9 Guest_tommy c_*

Guest_tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 February 2009 - 02:28 AM

thank u guys for all the words and welcomes super 7 thats how mine started from a bike accident i was on front page of echo i live in southend on sea and see ur close by n e thing feels wrong go stright in wish i had .. unfortunatly my card not a debit visa etc and no pay pal i have lost the left side and this site means alot to me as it really helps me to do something also buildin my co-ordination again and little strength here n there pressin buttons it all small but only a start we gotta start somewhere this site is everythin to me and want ot give back hope there a way i can donate but will give layouts a go not like i not have the time again a big thank you to u all and ady thanks for the words

Hi mate you will get all the help you need as ady said there are some top blokes on here what will go out of theire way to help you and good luck when you start.:)

#10 stevefry19

stevefry19

• Regulars
  • 59 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 02:48 AM

hi thanks for the advice it means alot well these sites mean alot to me as my disabilty has taken me over.. my shock i had a stroke at age of 26 two weeks ago and have lost the left side of my body these sites and emulators have kept me possitive at this hard time it helps with co ordiantion n pressin buttons sort of help but start slow lol i not post much as have to have someone type for me so plz not think i steal emu's and sell im nothin like that i wanna give bak it a long road to recovery but with help of emu's n me bein strong i get there thanks guys i start playin with emu design soon and sure i get the help i need from the great people here

#11 todd1970

todd1970

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 6818 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 08:14 AM

Just seen this thread..so welcome to you Steve and hope your well on the road to recovery.

Good luck with your designing quest and even spose you dont get very far with it..its still 10 times better than i could do..how these guys have the patience and time for these layouts ill never know.

Look forward to you joining in the forums and as well as sometimes the more serious side of things we all like a laugh and banter with each other on here as well.
Mmmmmm...Sandy ive 'ad her ye know. :)

#12 Dougsta

Dougsta

Stampede!

• Silver Supporters
  • 806 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 11:57 AM

Sorry to hear of your ill health Steve - I'm sure I speak for everyone when I wish you as swift and full a recovery as possible.

If you want to get in to layout creating, give me a shout as I am a reasonably new starter on creating and should be able to help out with any problems you have - as I no doubt have had the same problems myself recently :)

Best regards.

#13 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 01:47 PM

Sorry to hear of your ill health Steve - I'm sure I speak for everyone when I wish you as swift and full a recovery as possible.

If you want to get in to layout creating, give me a shout as I am a reasonably new starter on creating and should be able to help out with any problems you have - as I no doubt have had the same problems myself recently :)

Best regards.

Actually thats not a bad idea, I suppose those of us that have been making them a while tend to forget the 'basics' and pass over some of the bits we don't even think about.

#14 hitthesix

hitthesix

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3382 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 03:09 PM

Best regards.

Ditto to that mate, there is some great guys on here ( and dad's)always willing to help out. so don't be shy in asking for help along the way, as i'm sure most of us when just starting out, did exactly the same.
i can spare a few hours a week (evenings) if you would like to have a bash at getting started with the basics, and think it's easier if you are talking to someone so they can talk you through it.Posted Image
cheers.

#15 £6 In Tokens

£6 In Tokens

AKA £9 In Vouchers

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2185 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 04:52 PM

Ditto to that mate, there is some great guys on here ( and dad's)always willing to help out. so don't be shy in asking for help along the way, as i'm sure most of us when just starting out, did exactly the same.
i can spare a few hours a week (evenings) if you would like to have a bash at getting started with the basics, and think it's easier if you are talking to someone so they can talk you through it.Posted Image
cheers.

Great offer there, not to be turned down an offer of help from HTS, also noticed Baz was willing to help you (you can learn a hell of lot from these 2). Both will teach you the basics and beyond.

:devil:
"Stay Fit, Keep Sharp, Make Good Decisions"

#16 stevefry19

stevefry19

• Regulars
  • 59 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 01:46 AM

guys a really big thank you and the offers of help talk through etc i say a big yes please if u would not mind my e mail and msn/windows live addy is stevefry19@aol.com thank u for the well wishes and the offers i hope i cant take u up on them and look forward to working with you soon

#17 jamesb99_1999

jamesb99_1999

Designed Layabout

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2176 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 09:50 AM

Hi Steve - glad you are enjoying FME - as I think it's consumed a lot of all our bored time and been something that we have all found fulfilling/ engaging in different ways. I always think like with anything else the best thing to do in some ways before even following a guide is to see whether it's something I would enjoy/ be able to do - and to that end I would open up your favourite emulated machine and then go in to design mode and have a little look around and play with moving stuff around etc. Then if you are keen to progress look at a guide and get either Hit The 6 or Baz to help on msn with your first one.... Also worth getting a decent graphics editing package off the net if you haven't already got one.
Good luck and I look forward to playing your first machine :-)
J<br /><br /><br /><br />A man

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users