• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Robotgreg

Robotgreg

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 07:08 PM

Hi

I’m after an emulation for a fruit which came out around 83 and was in the arcades the same time as Line Up. Not sure if it was made by Barcrest and only ever saw it in one arcade – Wight City, Sandown, Isle of Wight.

The machine was called Fruit Banker and was a very similar style to the Wheel of Fortune which is on ebay at the mo as below: You got bonuses for landing on the fruits on the ladder feature if you had the same furit on the win line.

mpu3 barcrest fruit machine, wheel of fortune on eBay, also Fruit Machines, Fruit Machines, Coin-Operated, Video Games (end time 07-Feb-09 09:55:26 GMT)

Does anyone know if one has been done and if so where I can get it please?

Also after an emulator for Pay Rise and/or similar machines where you got secret features for getting same numbers on the winline and where the full reels were shown on the front of the machine. It was out in the early 90s about 92 but not sure who made them, maybe Ace?

On a separate note, are there any sites which show fruit machines from the early 80s showing pics and descriptions of gameplay and features. There only seems to be the emulation sites which don’t quite provide what I’m looking for which is more descriptive. There’s similar sites for videos and pinballs – killer list of video games and international pinball database amongst others but nothing I can find for fruit machines. Only really interested in 80s to early 90s fruits and not more recent.

Thanks in advance for any help on any of the above.

Cheers
Greg

Edited by adydb, 04 February 2009 - 07:27 PM.
made readable!

#2 lincs1

lincs1

He Who Dares Wins

• Banned
  • 3803 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 07:20 PM

am seeing double here any help to clarify things a little....:)

#3 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 07:27 PM

lol that was a mess hu Lincs....

All those fancy fonts :)

#4 stevedude2

stevedude2

• Regulars
  • 1043 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 07:28 PM

Most of the Ace machines from the era you mention have been emulated - Open the Box, Twilight Zone, Hi-Flyer, Pay Rise etc.

Not sure about Fruit Banker though.

Download MFME v3.2 from this site, and search for the games you want.

Easy peasy :)

Welcome to the site!
Watch out! There's a SIG thief about...

#5 todd1970

todd1970

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 6818 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 07:54 PM

The only similar one i can think of would be the JPM machine 'Big Banker' probably too early for that though.

Fruit-Emu (Fruit Machine Emulation) - Download: - Big Banker 1280 DX
Mmmmmm...Sandy ive 'ad her ye know. :)

#6 richardpen

richardpen

• New Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 08:03 PM

Hi

On a separate note, are there any sites which show fruit machines from the early 80s showing pics and descriptions of gameplay and features. There only seems to be the emulation sites which don’t quite provide what I’m looking for which is more descriptive. There’s similar sites for videos and pinballs – killer list of video games and international pinball database amongst others but nothing I can find for fruit machines. Only really interested in 80s to early 90s fruits and not more recent.

hi

visit the MPU mecca The MPU Mecca

loads of pictures ant discussions of old machines there.

richard

#7 richardpen

richardpen

• New Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 08:09 PM

i remember that wheel of fortune machine, it was in a local chip shop. would be great to see that emulated.

i don't know fruit banker although i may remember it if i saw a pic bt neither have been emulated yet.

another one i played for a time in a chip shop was called piffing billy. would love to see that emulated.

#8 curlywill

curlywill

• Regulars
  • 1220 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 08:52 PM

i was thinking big banker... but that wasnt made until the 90's... wasnt it?

#9 superbank

superbank

Antagonist

• Gold Supporters
  • 567 posts

Donator

Posted 04 February 2009 - 08:56 PM

Welcome Greg :)

Fruit Banker was a VFS conversion of Exchanges Unlimited.

Not a very good machine IMO but you clearly think otherwise :) I didn't rate many of the conversions of that day though. Puffin Billy was another conversion from around the same era. I don't think either have been emulated yet, although they no doubt will be if the resources become available.

#10 fruitsnappa

fruitsnappa

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1304 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 07:48 AM

I'm assuming you mean this one.

Fruit-Emu (Fruit Machine Emulation) - Download: - Banker 1280 DX

#11 Robotgreg

Robotgreg

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 06:48 PM

Hi

Thanks for all your replies – much appreciated.

Yes the font did look weird, not sure what was going on there as just typed it out normally and wasn’t trying to make it different but thankfully looks like it’s been corrected now.

Mike, thanks but, no it’s not that one.

Looks like it is the one that superbank mentions converted from Exchanges Unlimited and not been emulated unfortunately which is a real shame.

I didn’t like Wheel of Fortune much nor Fruit Banker initially but grew to like Fruit Banker a lot and seemed to win quite easily on it. Do think it was rare as was the one I ever saw and did go to most if not nearly all arcades in IOW, Portsmouth and Bournemouth at the time and never saw it anywhere else.

As an aside, probably breaching etiquette here by discussing several topics on one message, but don’t know if anyone has any pics of 80s arcades (really UK not US) as would love to see them especially Tucktonia near Christchurch, Dorset as that was my all time fave arcade?

Thanks for the links for the emulator for Pay Rise etc and site to show machines. Will check them out.

Like most of you I guess, I grew up with the arcades and was heavily into vids and pins as well as fruit machines. If any of you are into pins still, check out the ukpinball league where we hold regular meets and competitions. Visit www.pinballleague.co.uk for more info or email me direct robotgreg@yahoo.com. Hope OK to post this here.

Cheers again
Greg

#12 Hairybum

Hairybum

• New Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 07:10 PM

that takes me back i had a mint one but left at my old house when i left the wife oh well shame machine was more fun than her as well :bigeyes16:

#13 Robotgreg

Robotgreg

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 08:22 AM

I know this is an old topic but in the 9 years since I've not come across anything further on Fruit Banker so wondered if anyone has?

Any pics, or videos would be great to see.

#14 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 07:13 PM

think the name of the machine is wrong ?

#15 Robotgreg

Robotgreg

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 April 2018 - 07:02 PM

Don't think so, as superbank above recognised it. It was pretty rare even BITD.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users