Union Jackpots

• Please log in to reply
184 replies to this topic

#41 Matty.N

Matty.N

• Regulars
  • 3111 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 08:36 PM

Most unprofessional launch handling ever.

No offense but I'm that sick of the contempt shown by the 'operator' of the site to us (prospective users) that despite being tempted to have a quick flutter tonight (yes, I know I shouldn't), I want nothing to do with that site again.

I don't even trust them with any personal details I may have left with them, and will be requesting any data held which contains any details (including email address) be removed with immediate effect.

No offense but stringing people along in this manner, from a business, is disgraceful. They knew *damn* well that there was no way they could open today, and from the look of it, for the forseeable future.

There is in fact no guarantee that they will even be granted a license.

The software would (I imagine) need a lot more than some non-existant 'beta testing' from a bunch of addicts / ex-addicts on a fruit machine emulation website, before being granted one.

I do not blame Fruit-Emu in the least for this farce, as obviously they sell advertising space, and it's a shame these incompetent idiots bought the space.

Agreed

look at these

YouTube - UnionJackpots's Channel
UnionJackpots
UnionJackpots | MySpace.com

#42 Guest_damoc_*

Guest_damoc_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 February 2009 - 08:51 PM

I'm glad I didn't sign up to this, it's looking more suspect by the minute!

#43 algypan

algypan

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 219 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 09:04 PM

You can get more information on the website by doing a 'whois' search.

#44 curlywill

curlywill

• Regulars
  • 1220 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 09:11 PM

I'm glad I didn't sign up to this, it's looking more suspect by the minute!

me too. i was gonna but in the end i couldnt be bothered, i agree its looking more and more dodgy by the nano second lol.

#45 dtrmad2004

dtrmad2004

Total

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1485 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 09:33 PM

I managed to get a page up that said playtest a certain machine, needed to login with just my email and it just sat there not doing anything.

Cant find it again now :bigeyes19:
<a class='bbc_url' href='<a class='bbc_url' href='http://profile.mygam...trmad2004'></a>Posted Image</a><br /><br />Don't gamble with the Recession!

#46 Daryl

Daryl

Forget it... I do!

• Inactive Users
  • 2671 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 09:49 PM

Surely if this whole thing has been a con, then FE can discontinue with their advertising banner under the guise of false advertising and find a new company to advertise?

I think we have all been had, and have been treated with contempt here in FME world and Fruit Emu should think of the members that have been conned by this whole scam and remove their advertising as soon as possible.

They have had plenty of time to get a licence for their site, and even if they hadn't they could've kept us informed here at FE.

A message to FE Admin - angry members of this forum (not against Fruit Emu) feel betrayed and ask that their advertising banner be removed with immediate effect!
All The Best

Daryl

My blogsite is here: click the icon --->   :computer:

My name is Daryl, I was born in 1965 and have been into FME since 2002!

On 23 June 2011, I was diagnosed with Alzheimers Disease  In November 2012, I was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease and Parkinsonian Syndrome too.

I can be found at:

My new blog-site...

...or at Facebook here: --> https://www.facebook.com/daryl.lees

=======================================================

Visit my website on the icon above for my WebBlog, or pop over and see me on the social media at  ---> Daryl on... Facebook.png

speed

#47 duplu

duplu

Previous Owner

• Regulars
  • 2857 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 10:23 PM

Surely if this whole thing has been a con, then FE can discontinue with their advertising banner under the guise of false advertising and find a new company to advertise?

They have paid in full to advertise on the site and are therefore entitled to have their banner displayed for the full length of our contract. It doesn't matter to me when or if their site ever opens, the banner will remain.

I think we have all been had, and have been treated with contempt here in FME world and Fruit Emu should think of the members that have been conned by this whole scam and remove their advertising as soon as possible.

How has anyone been conned. Did you pay for a service from their site and then not receive it? No, I didn't think so. Therefore no con has happened. I think a lot of members need to realise that Union Jackpots didn't only focus on FE to spread the awareness of their site. Any company wanting to spread the news of a new site of this kind will have spread the word on many forums and other forms of advertising.

They have had plenty of time to get a licence for their site, and even if they hadn't they could've kept us informed here at FE.

You obviously have no idea how long it can take to get an online gaming licence and I guess they would have kept us more informed if they had been more welcome on the site.

A message to FE Admin - angry members of this forum (not against Fruit Emu) feel betrayed and ask that their advertising banner be removed with immediate effect!

Pay me the lost advertising revenue this would incur and I'll consider it ;)

xeepi_logo_email.png

#48 duplu

duplu

Previous Owner

• Regulars
  • 2857 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 10:25 PM

me too. i was gonna but in the end i couldnt be bothered, i agree its looking more and more dodgy by the nano second lol.

Some of you are far too skeptical, just wait and see.

xeepi_logo_email.png

#49 voodoomau5

voodoomau5

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 10:29 PM

Just out of pure nosyness how much does anyone pay fruit-emu to have a banner that size :)

#50 duplu

duplu

Previous Owner

• Regulars
  • 2857 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 10:34 PM

We're talking almost a million page views last month and over 11 million hits to the site so we're not talking a few quid here.

xeepi_logo_email.png

#51 curlywill

curlywill

• Regulars
  • 1220 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 10:41 PM

Some of you are far too skeptical, just wait and see.

cant help it lol, most things seem to go wrong in life.

#52 voodoomau5

voodoomau5

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 11:00 PM

We're talking almost a million page views last month and over 11 million hits to the site so we're not talking a few quid here.

Wow I didn't realise it was soo many as that, cheers.

#53 Daryl

Daryl

Forget it... I do!

• Inactive Users
  • 2671 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 12:45 AM

Pay me the lost advertising revenue this would incur and I'll consider it ;)

I did say at the beginning of my post that you find some other company to advertise in their place, like Cyberslotz did before Union Jackpots.

You will find Duplu that I have supported this forums in the past, for all the hard work you and other admins put into it to make us a great forums here, but I don't like feeling that I am being patronised because of my views of this company. They haven't been fair and a lot of members feel the same as I do, however I will take the brunt of your criticisms, but although I haven't ever paid the amount advertising would cost, I have contributed in donations to this site, and so have other members.
All The Best

Daryl

My blogsite is here: click the icon --->   :computer:

My name is Daryl, I was born in 1965 and have been into FME since 2002!

On 23 June 2011, I was diagnosed with Alzheimers Disease  In November 2012, I was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease and Parkinsonian Syndrome too.

I can be found at:

My new blog-site...

...or at Facebook here: --> https://www.facebook.com/daryl.lees

Visit my website on the icon above for my WebBlog, or pop over and see me on the social media at  ---> Daryl on... Facebook.png

speed

#54 kriss

kriss

Creator Of Stuff

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2735 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 07:55 AM

The beta testing page anit working wtf is going on here lol.

#55 jamespir

jamespir

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 888 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 08:57 AM

i didnt even get an email about beta testing

#56 carlosgee

carlosgee

• Regulars
  • 1005 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 09:33 AM

i didnt even get an email about beta testing

me neither not exactly impressed so far, they dont have encryption i bet either
http://www.wwe.com/w...enov08/8662404/ 8th pic on the first row...me perving with me cam on maria

#57 jamesb99_1999

jamesb99_1999

Designed Layabout

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2176 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 10:04 AM

to be fair I'm perfectly willing to wait and see, if it's no good when it's launched then it's fine.. But I would imagine the logistics behind setting something like this up are a nightmare - plus they ahev obviously already invested quite a lot so don't see it being anything more than professional when it goes ahead and I will reserve judgement til then personally, but then again I don't know my arse from my elbow so what do I know - lol
J<br /><br /><br /><br />A man

#58 Geddy

Geddy

Banned

• Banned
  • 3433 posts

Donator

Posted 03 February 2009 - 06:08 PM

Would they not actually need some form of licence to have a competition to give away ipods or cash? If so and I am fairly certain they would how come they managed to get this licence and not the other one?

#59 stanmarsh14

stanmarsh14

Sado-masochist

• Gold Supporters
  • 3120 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 06:31 PM

Oh dear, looks like the arse has been up to no good, from a list of results pulled from Google...

Union jackpots spam thread | FreebieList.com Free Stuff Community Message Boards

UnionJackpots

UnionJackpots | MySpace.com

Competitions at UnionJackpots

#60 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 06:46 PM

Would they not actually need some form of licence to have a competition to give away ipods or cash? If so and I am fairly certain they would how come they managed to get this licence and not the other one?

Not sure on that One Geddy as no monies or rewards are being paid to the supplier, I think if they asked for anything in return for an entry then it falls into the law we are thinking of.....

I'm puzzled at 2 things...

1. Why bother creating such a convincing page if its dodgy?

2. (Know this has been mentioned) Why not post a "sorry there will be a lauch delay"......not post less than a minute after it was supposed to launch.

------------

I find it all hard to understand, i'm just glad that no more details were asked for than anyone on this site knows about me already.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users