14 replies to this topic

#1 dtrmad2004

dtrmad2004

Total

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1485 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 05:37 PM

Right, I sold my N95 on ebay. Before listing it I did a full test of all the functions, I knew they worked because it was my main phone, but anyway I still did it.

Buyer received the phone today, and left feeback on the same day. Now they have just sent me a message saying the loudspeaker doesnt work, now I know this is bull**** because I have been using the phone flawlessly for all the time Ive had it. I very much doubt that in the few hours they have had it the speaker has failed.

What do I do? do I tell them to sod off because they have basically accepted it by leaving good feedback.

It says no returns on the listing anyway.
<a class='bbc_url' href='<a class='bbc_url' href='http://profile.mygam...trmad2004'></a>Posted Image</a><br /><br />Don't gamble with the Recession!

#2 RB

RB

PISH Artist

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3342 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 05:43 PM

send them an email saying that no returns was listed, that the item was fully working but if they wish to return the item, for which you have all serial number, imei numbers and photographs of for insurance purposes that you will have the phone looked at and if found to be faulty will have fixed under warranty if they are willing to pay if it is not an inherent phone fault...

or tell em to f*** off....
Cyberpunk:- alienated loner who lives on the edge of society in generally dystopic future where daily life is impacted by rapid technological change, an ubiquitous datasphere of computerized information, and invasive modification of the human body.....Hmmmmm

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#3 cashbox1

cashbox1

The furniture

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2553 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 06:01 PM

i think RB is right- id tell em to go forth and multiply. sounds like someone on the scam to me

Einstein`s theory of FME 90 downloads = 3 thanks

#4 dtrmad2004

dtrmad2004

Total

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1485 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 06:04 PM

Cheers, Got a few other ideas from freinds who said to tell em to get an approved phone shop to check it out and get it in writing, I very much doubt he will follow it up.

I dont actually know the IMEI numbers but I aint gonna tell him that.
<a class='bbc_url' href='<a class='bbc_url' href='http://profile.mygam...trmad2004'></a>Posted Image</a><br /><br />Don't gamble with the Recession!

#5 TheMachine

TheMachine

Wanting To Learn

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 161 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 06:05 PM

If you stated no returns and they have left postive feedback that tells you when they have checked it, it's worked fine so if it has broken in the time they have had it then that's there fault. not sure what the phone in question is worth but getting it fixed won't cost a lot. just tell them its sods law :bigeyes04:

#6 RB

RB

PISH Artist

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3342 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 07:32 PM

word to the wise...always take photos and serial numbers of anything you sell on ebay as scammers have dead items they bid on looking for replacements...ive had a few try to con me and usually the above type statment can be modified to cover your requirements. Some even go to the "stripping down and rebuilding with dead parts" syndrome but another email with regard to photos being obtained in the event of possible ebay fraud having been taken usually finds that it magically starts working again...only thing that generally gets a f*** off is "spares or repair" listings...
Cyberpunk:- alienated loner who lives on the edge of society in generally dystopic future where daily life is impacted by rapid technological change, an ubiquitous datasphere of computerized information, and invasive modification of the human body.....Hmmmmm

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#7 Matty.N

Matty.N

• Regulars
  • 3111 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 07:51 PM

Cheers, Got a few other ideas from freinds who said to tell em to get an approved phone shop to check it out and get it in writing, I very much doubt he will follow it up.

I dont actually know the IMEI numbers but I aint gonna tell him that.

i wouldnt send them to an approved phone shop as they might know someone who could make up a load of bs problems

if they got low/few negative feedbacks then say make a complaint with ebay, you'll win as:

1. you stated no returns
2. negative feedback means dont trust as much :)

#8 Matty.N

Matty.N

• Regulars
  • 3111 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 07:56 PM

word to the wise...always take photos and serial numbers of anything you sell on ebay as scammers have dead items they bid on looking for replacements...ive had a few try to con me and usually the above type statment can be modified to cover your requirements. Some even go to the "stripping down and rebuilding with dead parts" syndrome but another email with regard to photos being obtained in the event of possible ebay fraud having been taken usually finds that it magically starts working again...only thing that generally gets a f*** off is "spares or repair" listings...

I sold my old ps3 spares & repairs

bloody hell, the amount of questions i had off people & even the buyer

i stated in the listing it didnt work, they mail me saying i recived it but it dont turn on

what do you expect for £100 :|

anyways they then realised that they could use the working backwards compatiable blu ray drive in there console -.-

what is this world comming to?

#9 RB

RB

PISH Artist

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3342 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 09:55 PM

yeah...you have to magine that the average Ebay punter is a nigerian conman or a spanner....so listing out the known faults is always advisable...

1....does not power up.
2....water/smoke damage.
3....Part Missing (ie Battery cover)
4....screen cracked/missing
etc etc etc....if i am listing something of a unknown i usually look at other listings to get an idea of wording etc...normally power sellers, and always weigh shit and get an accurate shipping cost...i listed several p3 laptops as a bulk buy and made a lose in the shipping when i first started selling.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#10 paulus_r

paulus_r

• New Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 10:59 PM

You're pretty much in a no-win situation. There are 3 ways they may play this.

1). Chargeback via Paypal.
2). Want a "Discount"
3). Leave everything as is.

The buyer is unlikely to have any negative feedback as sellers where blocked from issuing negative or neutral feedback several months ago. Ebay where going to remove all the negs/neutrals left by sellers also.

If the listing states no returns, the buyer has no rights, except if it was sold on Buy It Now. These items can be covered under the Distance Selling Act (but usually only for business registered users). Rising price auctions are not covered. They are seen as a gamble, and exempt from anything like the DSA.

If they do attempt a chargeback then fight it. The fact that they have left the positive feedback should help you. I have thrown that one at Paypal when someone once claimed not to have received an itemin a chargeback situation, which I won.

I would imagine you had a Special Delivery tracking number when you sent it off. Definately keep that handy.

#11 dtrmad2004

dtrmad2004

Total

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1485 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 02:07 AM

Oh yes, I thought that the positive would go in my favour with Paypal.

The item was sold on a buy it now.

I always keep the recepts and get everything sent trackable ;) I only get scammed once :)

I do genuinely feel like I am trying to be scammed again, so If they want to play dirty, so can I. If they start a paypal claim, I will try to convince them that I can get a refund quicker to them than going through paypals, 'unfair Judge' system and get them to close the dispute.

Bingo, once closed, it cannot be reopened :devil:

#12 sharpy2005

sharpy2005

Advanced Member

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 04:44 AM

You will have to hope that they are REALLY thick, if you want the "close the dispute and we'll sort it out" route to work... Not many people fall for that one any more!

#13 kbos2hm

kbos2hm

• New Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 05:22 AM

just let them to take it to the small claims court thell lose anyway if you sold something fit for purchase and you said sold as seen and no refunds they aint got a leg to stand on theyll try anthing to scam you on ebay anything they tryed it with me it didnt work

#14 Deano

Deano

BANNED FOR LIFE

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1417 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 08:17 AM

Got to feel sorry for Dtrmad2004.I have had an Ebay account open a year or so and have a 96 rating 100% positive feedback.It only takes one arsehole to spoil it though.
I had a dispute with a buyer of my Omega watch.He bought it Buy it Now and about a month down the line he sent me an email stating the watch was damaged,cheeky bastard lol.As we had both left positive feedback to each other I suggested that he send me the watch back and I would sort it for free.He only had to cover postage both ways but suddenly went quiet for a couple of weeks.I emailed him back and he said the watch was fine.Weirdo!!
On reflection,Ebay requires a hell of a lot of trust and thankfully no other disputes have occurred as yet.
Hope you get it sorted mate.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#15 dtrmad2004

dtrmad2004

Total

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1485 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 09:03 PM

Thanks for the support everyone, hopefully this is nipped in the bud as I have not had any emails back :D

Money in paypal has completed the BT (that was fast :o) so the bugger wont be able to touch it should he still try to claim.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users