19 replies to this topic

#1 fruitmachineemu

fruitmachineemu

ITS GOLDEN GAME TIME

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 11:47 AM

hull fair weather is on its way (chav place) anyone going to visit?

Edited by fruitmachineemu, 21 September 2008 - 11:54 AM.

#2 tommydee

tommydee

Tommy Dee

• Regulars
  • 711 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 11:51 AM

Danny Boy, Why anyone would wanna visit hull fair, is beond me, please advetise it properly...... WTF is it about!

#3 fruitmachineemu

fruitmachineemu

ITS GOLDEN GAME TIME

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 11:55 AM

thats what hull fair is and BIG fair!

Attached Files

#4 stanmarsh14

stanmarsh14

Sado-masochist

• Gold Supporters
  • 3120 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 11:58 AM

Feck that.... on Wed Oct 1st, the big Nottingham Goose Fair is due (mostaly sponsored by James E Mellors who has that big f*** off portible ferris wheel etc).

Nottingham Goose Fair

#5 fruitmachineemu

fruitmachineemu

ITS GOLDEN GAME TIME

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 12:04 PM

Hull Fair Rides

goose fair is hull fair just called different name

all the same rides!

#6 kriss

kriss

Creator Of Stuff

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2735 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 12:07 PM

The The Caterpillar at Hull Fair ride looks excellent :D
Would love to have a ride on that :lol:

#7 fruitmachineemu

fruitmachineemu

ITS GOLDEN GAME TIME

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 12:08 PM

you scared of big rides kriss?

#8 kriss

kriss

Creator Of Stuff

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2735 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 12:09 PM

I was joking Danny, and no!

#9 fruitmachineemu

fruitmachineemu

ITS GOLDEN GAME TIME

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 12:09 PM

on the dodgems any black or chinks i race into them i HATE them when they on there even chavs just do it for a laf its funny tho

#10 kriss

kriss

Creator Of Stuff

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2735 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 12:10 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
on the dodgems any black or chinks i race into them i HATE them when they on there even chavs just do it for a laf its funny tho

righttttt! you racist ass

#11 fruitmachineemu

fruitmachineemu

ITS GOLDEN GAME TIME

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 12:11 PM

Dodgems at Hull Fair

example!

#12 Guest_altharic_*

Guest_altharic_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 September 2008 - 07:47 PM

First night at the fair in Leyland has been called death night for as long as living memory story goes a gyippo forgot to tighten a bolt and someone died first night of the fair so the name stuck.

#13 Zoltar

Zoltar

Former Fat Bastard.....

• Gold Supporters
  • 1810 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 08:25 PM

Feck that.... on Wed Oct 1st, the big Nottingham Goose Fair is due (mostaly sponsored by James E Mellors who has that big f*** off portible ferris wheel etc).

Nottingham Goose Fair

Hull Fair is supposedly the largest travelling fair in Europe. Consisting of several fairs, it used to be the last fair of the season before the ride operators put their rides into storage for winter. One last big bash so to speak.

Strange thing with Hull Fair, you can go on the first friday evening, then visit again on the following monday and find many rides have gone and many others from the Goosefair appear. Operators from the east coast move in to make a few quid before their rides are put into storage for winter. Often, theres the odd ride from Scarborough and Bridlington seafront there.

I haven't been for 2 years. Mainly due to holidays but maybe I'll visit this year with the camera.

I'm sure Dad will agree with me that the most memorable thing about Hull Fair, something that hasn't been there for some years, was the old 'Conie Island' arcade. The old massive council shed that is no longer there, was jam packed with fruit machines. One year, there was 4 'Black Hole' machines all side by side. A fantastic place that no doubt would have died anyways with the state of fruit machines today. But 'Conie Island' was the best thing about the fair since I was a kid.

{EDIT:- I was right. Europes biggest travelling fair:- Hull City Council : Hull fair }

Nottingham boasts 500 attractions. Hull Fair boasts 250. So I don't know how that works out Hull's is bigger. Unless Hull Fair don't include food vans in their figures lol.

#14 Guest_robinhood75_*

Guest_robinhood75_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 September 2008 - 08:28 PM

Hull Fair Rides

goose fair is hull fair just called different name

all the same rides!

Erm ur wrong there. The goose fair is bigger. The fair from hull is part of goose fair which is the biggest in the uk. Once hull has finished all the fairs come togeather at the park in nottingham. Not that I would go to goose fair again after seeing some lass get stabbed a few years back when I lived there.

edit: ok i didnt read the other replys. but i was always told goose fair was the largest.

Edited by robinhood75, 21 September 2008 - 08:33 PM.

#15 Zoltar

Zoltar

Former Fat Bastard.....

• Gold Supporters
  • 1810 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 08:32 PM

First night at the fair in Leyland has been called death night for as long as living memory story goes a gyippo forgot to tighten a bolt and someone died first night of the fair so the name stuck.

There were similar stories from Hull Fair. Last year, some young girl flew off a ride and was in hospital. The year before, some Immigrant who managed to get a weeks work on a ride had his head cracked by a ride.

Some years ago, a ride called 'The Double Dive Bombers' collapsed at Hull Fair and that ride was never seen again. A Hull Fair fact is that it's the only fair in the world where you cannot win a goldfish on any sidestall. So no doubt they will be given away towards the end of Nottinghams Goose Fair. The council banned stalls awarding live creatures as prizes some years ago.

#16 Zoltar

Zoltar

Former Fat Bastard.....

• Gold Supporters
  • 1810 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 08:35 PM

Erm ur wrong there. The goose fair is bigger. The fair from hull is part of goose fair which is the biggest in the uk. Once hull has finished all the fairs come togeather at the park in nottingham. Not that I would go to goose fair again after seeing some lass get stabbed a few years back when I lived there.

Thats pretty amazing. Seeing as the Goose Fair closes just as Hull Fair starts. Unless Nottingham has a new attraction called 'Time Machine' :)

A few years ago, there was a shortage of 'Wrights Brandy Snap' at Hull Fair. Apparently, it was scoffed by folk at the Goose Fair.

{EDIT Sorry RobinHood75, I just spotted your edit to your post lol}

#17 Zoltar

Zoltar

Former Fat Bastard.....

• Gold Supporters
  • 1810 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 08:40 PM

Christ knows why I'm biggin' it up. I haven't been for years to Hull Fair and rides are not my thing to be honest. Maybe a go on 'Hook a Duck' but with no goldfish for prizes, I'll just have to play for one of those bleedin' Pikachus or some POG's.

#18 fruitmachineemu

fruitmachineemu

ITS GOLDEN GAME TIME

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 08:49 PM

arcades there zoilter im in there all the time

#19 Guest_DAD_*

Guest_DAD_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 September 2008 - 08:56 PM

Goldfish? I can remember when you could win a budgie lol

Glad I no longer live anywhere near the fair. I can remember as a kid trying to get to sleep with the deafening sound of some f***er continually shouting "The louder you scream the faster you go"!!

When I used to go there of an evening with my mates from school I used to hang around the Silver Waltzers (the fastest ones) showing off my Status Quo artwork which I did in fluorescent paint on the back of my denim jacket. Looked f*****g brilliant under the ultraviolet lights ;)

Yeah Compost, I remember the old arcade although I haven't a clue what machines they used to have in there. Nowadays the machines are in really crap condition as I recall.

#20 paulus_r

paulus_r

• New Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 09:23 PM

Not been there in 8 years. I used to live 5 mins walk away from the fair on Walton Street.

Mind, only had to suffer it one year as I only lived in the flat for a year :)

Was a total twat to park close to home though if you went out in an evening.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users