#41 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 12:12 PM

Interesting thread,
so..... what's every ones opinion on Bacta pushing for a £100 jackpot @ £1 stake on cat c awp (come the next triennial review).
That would mean every pub having them!!
I really think their pissing in the wind.

It's a waste of time. It will not bring regular punters back, who are mostly fed up with boring, poor value for money machines at any stake/prize.

#42 lincs1

lincs1

He Who Dares Wins

• Banned
  • 3803 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 12:26 PM

bring back the 1p slotters where ya got more enjoyment and your 10p went a little bit further

#43 Magz

Magz

• Regulars
  • 887 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 12:30 PM

For me, that would be just too big a jump. I can't see it happening tbh. It has just put an idea in my head though.

How about a machine that can be played at any stake you like with any jackpot (up to the limits).

Say:
10p £5
20p £10
30p £15
50p £25
£1 £50
And even maybe £1 and £100

This would be a marked change from the current dual stakes (at least those I have seen) where you can play at 10p but you're still chasing a £35 jackpot which could take months. That would put the power back in the hands of the player and at least give them the choice. Of course they'd still have to go back to machines with gameplay as well to get me interested again :-D...

#44 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 01:50 PM

Not a bad idea, but why haven't the manufacturers done it already?

#45 Magz

Magz

• Regulars
  • 887 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 11:04 AM

No idea really. Can anyone shed a light on why this wouldn't be possible?

#46 Gazeyre1966

Gazeyre1966

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3001 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 12:16 PM

No idea really. Can anyone shed a light on why this wouldn't be possible?

Not a bad idea but how would you show all the different cash value variants on the machine. For example, three melons could be worth 5 different cash values depending on the stake.
<span style='font-family: Comic Sans MS'><span style='font-size: 12px;'>It's all done in the best possible taste. :bigeyes04:</span></span>

#47 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 12:19 PM

Not a bad idea but how would you show all the different cash value variants on the machine. For example, three melons could be worth 5 different cash values depending on the stake.

True, that would be a nightmare on reel based machines.

Easy enough on video though...

#48 cliffc

cliffc

• Regulars
  • 946 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 01:09 PM

Hi

I think the proof that what the industry needs is to get back to AWP smaller prizes and better game play has been proved by Treasure Island and his arcade on the IOW, he has invested in alot of old classic AWP's and he has said in another thread on here that this year he is getting many more people in his arcade playing than his compititors who have invested in the new machines.

I am assuming that he also has some new stuff and possibly even some of the £500 jackpot machines. But the people who are going to his arcade seem to be going for the classic oldies.

Sure the Prize was low but the fun was big and you dont need a back balance the size of Bill Gates to have some fun in there.

What this industry needs is low stake low jackpots and the A putting back in to AWP.

CLiff c

#49 ForYouToEnvy

ForYouToEnvy

Prince says....Raghead

• Regulars
  • 902 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 02:43 PM

All i can say is the arcades i help run have machines right across the board (2p £2jp - 5p £5jp - 10p £5jp - 20p £5jp - 20p £10jp - 25p £15jp - 25p £25jp - 30p £25jp - 30p £35jp - 50p £35jp - £1 £500jp)

The 20p to 50p machines struggle just to make enough to pay thier licences.

The 2p/5p/10p machines make enough to pay for the refreshments we give our customers

Its the B3's that pay the wages/rent/vat/rates/water leccy bills, after all that the owner makes very little profit at the moment (a couple of arcades are even running at a loss(the owner has other buisness ventures which offsets the losses which is why thankfully we still have jobs)take the B3's away and most arcades would fold very quickly) dont get me wrong i played machines from when they were £2 token jackpots and i still enjoy a little punt on £4.80 token jackpots like 7 heaven, cloud9, crazy pays, twilight zone to name a few but bear in mind back in those days arcades also made a lot from videos(there was no playstations xboxs around)

As much as i would love to see arcades full of APW's im afraid from a buisness point of view they just wouldnt make enough money to turn a profit:(

#50 skabaz

skabaz

Engineer of the World

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2778 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 03:20 PM

For me, that would be just too big a jump. I can't see it happening tbh. It has just put an idea in my head though.

How about a machine that can be played at any stake you like with any jackpot (up to the limits).

Say:
10p £5
20p £10
30p £15
50p £25
£1 £50
And even maybe £1 and £100

This would be a marked change from the current dual stakes (at least those I have seen) where you can play at 10p but you're still chasing a £35 jackpot which could take months. That would put the power back in the hands of the player and at least give them the choice. Of course they'd still have to go back to machines with gameplay as well to get me interested again :-D...

machines like reflex fortune 500 were like this .

you would just have to change it to a pub version.

and before anybody says,yes it would be a very boring machine.

also reflex have a machine that is similar to a b3 machines but you can play it at 10p,20p,30p 50p 0r a £1 and it gives 100,200,300,400 or 500 jackpot.its a b4a machine called cash in the box and its designed for clubs.this would just have to be modified for the pub market.

baz

#51 mart1711

mart1711

• Regulars
  • 132 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 04:00 PM

This arguement will rage on and on and i can say for sure that there is no definitive right or wrong answer to it!!! May i first add that cat b3 machines are not the same as the machines that are operated in bookmakers. The "machines" played in bookmakers are a b3 "style" game operated on a fobt format. Why the bookmakers get so much stick is beyond me as they offer far better value to a gambler than an arcade imo. There are still some £500 jp machines in arcades that are "compensated". Thus behaving differently to attain a target %age. In a fobt (which does as it says, places a bet on a random event at fixed odds payouts), if you won £500 on one spin, you would be JUST as likely (or not!) to win £500 on the next spin. What does seem a nonsense to me is that fobt payouts are limited to £500, while in the same building you could make a different bet with your £1 and walk away a million to the good?!?!? AWP wise i think all periods of "enhanced" play should be removed. This will stop the morons chasing the "£140 streak" etc etc and for the average player not cost them as much for a 20 minute session and thus put a little more AMUSEMENT in the Awp!!

#52 fruitman69

fruitman69

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1098 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 04:51 PM

This arguement will rage on and on and i can say for sure that there is no definitive right or wrong answer to it!!! May i first add that cat b3 machines are not the same as the machines that are operated in bookmakers. The "machines" played in bookmakers are a b3 "style" game operated on a fobt format. Why the bookmakers get so much stick is beyond me as they offer far better value to a gambler than an arcade imo. There are still some £500 jp machines in arcades that are "compensated". Thus behaving differently to attain a target %age. In a fobt (which does as it says, places a bet on a random event at fixed odds payouts), if you won £500 on one spin, you would be JUST as likely (or not!) to win £500 on the next spin. What does seem a nonsense to me is that fobt payouts are limited to £500, while in the same building you could make a different bet with your £1 and walk away a million to the good?!?!? AWP wise i think all periods of "enhanced" play should be removed. This will stop the morons chasing the "£140 streak" etc etc and for the average player not cost them as much for a 20 minute session and thus put a little more AMUSEMENT in the Awp!!

hear hear !!

AWP - Amusements With Prizes my arse ! Just exactly where is the amusement in them these days ?
Follow us on facebook http://www.facebook....131728946893342
www.reelsoffun.co.uk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users