x1280

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#1 askanthea

askanthea

• New Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 December 2003 - 07:03 PM

is it just me or is this such a stupid resolution.
my laptop go this high so i fell im missing out on something.
how about a <alt><enter> full screen option? in the emu's?
then from duffers with 800x600 to the fancy posh people with
25,000x25,000 graphic mainframes would all be catered for??
just a thought! ;-)
lurrve all
Andy
xx

#2 RB

RB

PISH Artist

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3342 posts

Posted 29 December 2003 - 07:41 PM

Dear anthea...there is already an option for people that do not wish to play or are unable to use these super duper hi res layouts...let me explain...first you press and hold the ALT key ( bottom left 3rd key in) then you press Function key 4 (F4) (top row 5th key in) unless your using a compaq laptop then youre guess would be as good as mine...

:stupid:

RB :) :twisted:
Cyberpunk:- alienated loner who lives on the edge of society in generally dystopic future where daily life is impacted by rapid technological change, an ubiquitous datasphere of computerized information, and invasive modification of the human body.....Hmmmmm

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#3 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 29 December 2003 - 07:47 PM

Nice one RB........I was curious thought i'd try the Alt & F4........lol @ the result and good answer....

#4 askanthea

askanthea

• New Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 December 2003 - 10:22 PM

alt f4 - haha
sarcasim is the lowest form of wit.
I was a sencible suggestion.
other emulators run in window or full screen
the fruitys dont give the options
thats was all.
xx

#5 RB

RB

PISH Artist

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3342 posts

Posted 29 December 2003 - 10:35 PM

Dear anthea...

then from duffers with 800x600 to the fancy posh people with
25,000x25,000 graphic mainframes would all be catered for??

Is not being sarcastic.....hmmm...

I was just politely pointing out an under used option of most things that people tend to complain about, wether it be violence on tv or rubbish on the computer...mine included.

The problem is not in the emulator but in the graphics card/monitor capabilities and as more and more hires artwork is made available to do more detailed, hence realistic layouts the resolution will probably increase to take account of it, as so much is lost in reducing the image down to a lower resolution...unless we start with 100mb art files and reduce them down to 20mb 1024 layouts which may take a little time to download on dial up accounts...as i presume only the posh have broadband...

RB
Cyberpunk:- alienated loner who lives on the edge of society in generally dystopic future where daily life is impacted by rapid technological change, an ubiquitous datasphere of computerized information, and invasive modification of the human body.....Hmmmmm

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#6 f00n

f00n

• New Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 29 December 2003 - 10:46 PM

Some machines need a high res to show the detail on the machines.

I find that Club Viva Las Vegas by Pook is a perfect example of why 1280x is needed. It's a beautiful machine but the text for feature descriptions is unreadable in lower res...leaving you the only option of collecting each feature to see what it does.
This will kinda ruin the flow of a £1000 machine :)

I cant wait until the 1600x layouts are made.
::First jackpot::-::2p-a-go Winspin::-::£1.50 jackpot from 4p gamble::-::was still in a pram:: Anyone fancy doing WinSpin? Cant find it and would love to see it done.

Only £500 jackpot on Little Devils which I got waiting for a Rainbow Riches (£70) feature to end. Then I got £210 on the feature on Rainbow Riches. My mrs was happy that day!

#7 askanthea

askanthea

• New Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 December 2003 - 10:50 PM

im posh i have broadband
just a laptop which only goes to 1024x768, and dont want to miss out
on what the EMU secene is doing. I could of corse invest in a new pc but this one is only a year old - and my credit cards has been battered enough over christmas,
as for sex and violence on tv - just dont get me started LOL

got nothing to do with emus but Alan Bates died this week. and why cant the BBC just tell us who is was. not and extra in lovejoy or all creatures great and small like they said on the news - no he as in whistle down the wind with Hayley Mills - Thats what made him Famous - oh and sorry to hear the bad news Mrs Monkhouse
xx

#8 RB

RB

PISH Artist

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3342 posts

Posted 29 December 2003 - 10:55 PM

Hmmmm...
Not to forget the womans ever popular "The Lovers" with the late great Hell Razor Oliver reed...and Carry on Sargeant for Mr Monkhouse. (couldnt think of any thing else except family fortunes)

RB

:twisted: :stupid: :twisted:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#9 spa

spa

Layout Designer

• Moderators
  • 2494 posts

Posted 29 December 2003 - 11:40 PM

I have a laptop that will only go up to 1024. I normally only use classic layouts on it as they are all 1024x768 or 800x600. They take up far less space.

I use my main pc for any 1280 DXes using a 17" monitor.

#10 closed

closed

• New Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 30 December 2003 - 09:16 AM

Releases like Pook's beautiful Hi-Roller WDX show that there's no need for 1280 res to show detailed graphics at a legible size. 1280 layouts are just lazy coding, or people who don't like unused screen areas and don't care about everyone else.

#11 pash

pash

Old fart

• Regulars
  • 440 posts

Posted 30 December 2003 - 12:54 PM

I find that Club Viva Las Vegas by Pook is a perfect example of why 1280x is needed. It's a beautiful machine but the text for feature descriptions is unreadable in lower res...leaving you the only option of collecting each feature to see what it does.
This will kinda ruin the flow of a £1000 machine

This was posted by f00n and that is why we need higher res layouts i myself can only go up to 1024 res but i at least understand why it is done.

FW do you ever post anything positive?

#12 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 30 December 2003 - 01:44 PM

Yes he does.........a positive Twit by sound's of it!!

****Bad language is forbidden****

#13 hurtand165

hurtand165

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1610 posts

Posted 30 December 2003 - 01:50 PM

Releases like Pook's beautiful Hi-Roller WDX show that there's no need for 1280 res to show detailed graphics at a legible size. 1280 layouts are just lazy coding, or people who don't like unused screen areas and don't care about everyone else.

is that not positive? i thought he was defending the people who only have 1024 screens and was saying that 1280 is not really necessary. if that is the case i thank you f***#@#@#@#, if not what am i missing.

#14 closed

closed

• New Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 30 December 2003 - 01:58 PM

I find that Club Viva Las Vegas by Pook is a perfect example of why 1280x is needed. It's a beautiful machine but the text for feature descriptions is unreadable in lower res...

I don't know what you mean by that. Here's a pic of the 1280 trail side-by-side with the same feature squares reduced one "level" to 1152 res. Are you honestly telling me you can read one of these but not the other?

Attached Files

• Attached File  feat.jpg   31.64KB   341 downloads

#15 barcrest

barcrest

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 337 posts

Posted 30 December 2003 - 02:10 PM

On this pc here at work i am having trouble reading either :lol: That'll teach me for ramping the resolution up too high :p at home i don't use 1280 but then i don't moan about the hi res layouts either i just don't play em or put up with missing a little bit at the bottom.

#16 spa

spa

Layout Designer

• Moderators
  • 2494 posts

Posted 30 December 2003 - 03:57 PM

Well, all these new 1280 layouts have a 1024 counterpart. Maybe just a couple don't.

In most cases they are 'full screen' 1024x768.

Take a look at the Mpu3 super series. All 1024 and graphically brilliant.

#17 f00n

f00n

• New Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 30 December 2003 - 05:04 PM

my point being FW is that even with 1280 you can still be in a position to be unable to read the display....this is why I would like to see 1600x

You do have a point there with your screenies tho....but my point is that its still not good enough :) (althought its the best we can get atm)

If you want to be really perculiar...i cant wait for dual monitor support...that way we can have a setup like a real machine with a double split :)

Referring to your point again....my bro has a 1024x maximum desktop...stupid tft's....and most 1280x overgrow his screen...poor lad :)
::First jackpot::-::2p-a-go Winspin::-::£1.50 jackpot from 4p gamble::-::was still in a pram:: Anyone fancy doing WinSpin? Cant find it and would love to see it done.

Only £500 jackpot on Little Devils which I got waiting for a Rainbow Riches (£70) feature to end. Then I got £210 on the feature on Rainbow Riches. My mrs was happy that day!

#18 RB

RB

PISH Artist

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3342 posts

Posted 30 December 2003 - 06:15 PM

As most "New" Dx's are reworkings of older classics and Pdx or Dx's They are done to take advantage of newer design tools, higher spec tech, monitors, graphic, Cpu etc..In 18Mths we will be having this arguement over 1600X1200 or 2400X1600 layouts....

RB

Attached Files

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#19 f00n

f00n

• New Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 30 December 2003 - 07:34 PM

tis all good tho

2048 is gonna be the res to break tho....and why not...you only look at one half of a fruit machine at any time :/

#20 closed

closed

• New Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 30 December 2003 - 07:42 PM

So, explain to me which bits of that Alphabet 1280 are the ones that you wouldn't be able to make out if it was a 1024 or 1152 WDX...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users