- - - - -

royal mail sucks!!!!

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_robinhood75_*

Guest_robinhood75_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 November 2007 - 01:57 PM

Can any one please give me some advice. I was sent some train tickets in the post on monday 26th November by special delivery. They was ment to be at mine by 1pm the next day GUARANTEED. I have only just recived them today 29th November. I had to buy another set of train tickets on the day i was travaling which cost me twice as much as they was not advance tickets. I contacted royal mail who said sorry, we will refund your postage of £4.30. I asked what about the tickets that was no use to me and the fact i had to buy more tickets at the full price. They said they could not do anything about that. Can some one please tell me if this is the case and if so what dose the GUARENTEED BY 1pm mean if its two days late. Many thanks.

James

#2 lincs1

lincs1

He Who Dares Wins

• Banned
  • 3803 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 02:04 PM

Can any one please give me some advice. I was sent some train tickets in the post on monday 26th November by special delivery. They was ment to be at mine by 1pm the next day GUARANTEED. I have only just recived them today 29th November. I had to buy another set of train tickets on the day i was travaling which cost me twice as much as they was not advance tickets. I contacted royal mail who said sorry, we will refund your postage of £4.30. I asked what about the tickets that was no use to me and the fact i had to buy more tickets at the full price. They said they could not do anything about that. Can some one please tell me if this is the case and if so what dose the GUARENTEED BY 1pm mean if its two days late. Many thanks.

James

if its late fella they should refund u, GUARANTEED!! means exacly that

#3 DildoDez

DildoDez

• Regulars
  • 1104 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 02:08 PM

if its late fella they should refund u, GUARANTEED!! means exacly that

Refund what, though? The extra postage? That's all their liable for i'd imagine.

#4 Guest_robinhood75_*

Guest_robinhood75_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 November 2007 - 02:18 PM

Refund what, though? The extra postage? That's all their liable for i'd imagine.

Refund my rail ticket as i was unable to use it.

#5 Gazeyre1966

Gazeyre1966

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3001 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 02:27 PM

Who sent you the tickets?

If it was First Rail, Virgin or any other National Site then surely you need to write to them and explain what happened. I'm sure they will quite happily refund you the cash.
<span style='font-family: Comic Sans MS'><span style='font-size: 12px;'>It's all done in the best possible taste. :bigeyes04:</span></span>

#6 Guest_robinhood75_*

Guest_robinhood75_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 November 2007 - 02:39 PM

Who sent you the tickets?

If it was First Rail, Virgin or any other National Site then surely you need to write to them and explain what happened. I'm sure they will quite happily refund you the cash.

My mum bought them for me at grimsby station. I am just so pi*$ed off with it. i have had a week from hell and it was very important for me to get to where i was going as it involvs my son who i am trying to get contact with through the courts. I was short on cash so my mum was helping me out.

#7 renoufchr

renoufchr

Arcade Mod

• Regulars
  • 396 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 02:42 PM

ok is everyone getting problems about post latley im sending things and there not getting it for ages i sent a letter to some finace people that scan.co.uk work with on saturday and they still havent recived it

#8 lincs1

lincs1

He Who Dares Wins

• Banned
  • 3803 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 02:45 PM

My mum bought them for me at grimsby station.

grimsby's all arse tits up at the mo as u know i'm from GRIMBOLAND pmsl

#9 Guest_robinhood75_*

Guest_robinhood75_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 November 2007 - 02:54 PM

grimsby's all arse tits up at the mo as u know i'm from GRIMBOLAND pmsl

Must be the smell of fish

#10 lincs1

lincs1

He Who Dares Wins

• Banned
  • 3803 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 02:55 PM

Must be the smell of fish

yer there are plenty of lasses in grimsmellby pmsl

#11 Guest_robinhood75_*

Guest_robinhood75_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 November 2007 - 03:03 PM

yer there are plenty of lasses in grimsmellby pmsl

Why do u think i moved to gloucester lol. I can still smell em from er.

#12 Gazeyre1966

Gazeyre1966

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3001 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 03:37 PM

I would surf your train network providers website and try and find the address you would send cancelled train journey tickets to. Staple your unused tickets to the form and explain to them what happened. Hopefully they will refund the cost (minus an administration fee of course!!!). Hope this helps.

I had to cancel a journey once and got a refund minus £10....although that was before I made the journey.
<span style='font-family: Comic Sans MS'><span style='font-size: 12px;'>It's all done in the best possible taste. :bigeyes04:</span></span>

#13 Daza5056

Daza5056

DAZA = DArienne ZAkowski

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 03:46 PM

Yes the post is all messed up around here too..

I sent 5 letters last week - all the same size, weight & shape.

3 was going to places such as Wales, Sotland and London - the other 2 was going a matter of miles in my own City

The 3 that was going far got there the next day, the 2 that was going within my own City have still not arrived some 6 days later.

And to top it all our usual postie has been replaced with a 16 year old spotty teenager with a bad attitude problem -- Who can't be bothered to turn up till 4pm then knocks on the door for me to sign for a package whilst spitting on the floor.... Of which I told him he can rub that up with his shirt or I would report him, then he went away muttering something under his breath like f*** YOU, YOU STUPID f*****g WHORE

Is this what Royal Mail casual Xmas staff are going to be like this year -- spotty teenagers with serious attitude problems

#14 £6 In Tokens

£6 In Tokens

AKA £9 In Vouchers

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2185 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 04:58 PM

3 was going to places such as Wales, Sotland and London

Daza - You can't blame Royal Mail for that - Never heard of Sotland :D

:devil:

#15 DaemonX

DaemonX

The Devil's Advocate

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1869 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 05:33 PM

You think YOU'VE got problems?

Here is an email I received at work today.... Legit, and relate to my workplace.

Yesterday Royal Mail returned several thousand undelivered envelopes to us (est. 4/5k), the majority of which were posted by CCS on 19th October 2007. CCS are currently in discussion with Royal Mail to establish the reason for this. Discussions are also taking place with our Legal department concerning how we will respond to Royal Mail.
Not every pet in Pet Society is sweet and innocent....

#16 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 05:47 PM

You think YOU'VE got problems?

Here is an email I received at work today.... Legit, and relate to my workplace.

Yesterday Royal Mail returned several thousand undelivered envelopes to us (est. 4/5k), the majority of which were posted by CCS on 19th October 2007. CCS are currently in discussion with Royal Mail to establish the reason for this. Discussions are also taking place with our Legal department concerning how we will respond to Royal Mail.

To be honest what are you saying here?.....there are plenty of reasons, the fact is Royal Mail just wouldn't NOT deliver mail.

Secondly, on my delivery I see numerious packages just left on doorsteps...thes One I saw yesterday from Amazon delivered by a RIVAL firm...still there today soaking wet and luckily not stolen-----I wonder how many people complain straight away to RM saying it was them that left it!

#17 Jimmy_mac

Jimmy_mac

Court Jester

• Regulars
  • 1649 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 06:47 PM

how quickly people go for the jugular

Royal Mail is probably still the most reliable and safest mail carrier around. The likes of Citilink and company just love leaving stuff on the doorstep for anyone to have away with.

Only a few months ago they left a delivery at the side of my house, in full view of the road. It got aboslutely soaked too. Inside was a motherboard, CPU, GFX card, Memory...just the sort of thing that you want being left in the rain.

Fact of the matter is Royal Mail have one of the best and safest delivery rates, if you dont agree then try using one of the competitors for any regular amount of time and see how far it gets you :)

#18 fistandantilus

fistandantilus

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 199 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 07:15 PM

Guarenteed delivery is insured up to £250 if i remember rightly, if the items in ie the tickets are time sensitive and of no use due to the delay delivery then you are legally entitled to claim, do not let them fob you off they failed to deliver it as they promised so they are liable for the cost.

#19 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 07:21 PM

Guarenteed delivery is insured up to £250 if i remember rightly, if the items in ie the tickets are time sensitive and of no use due to the delay delivery then you are legally entitled to claim, do not let them fob you off they failed to deliver it as they promised so they are liable for the cost.

CORRECT mate..........I was waiting for someone to say it!

People on this and other forums also slagged us off for striking 'back to work lazy postman' was what most wrote....in IGNORANCE!

I wasn't prepaired to risk my job by saying much on a forum but I just wish they had read why we were striking, money was a minor issue.....see whats happening now?....post delivered later...your local Post Office closing?.....less collections from boxes?

#20 Guest_robinhood75_*

Guest_robinhood75_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 November 2007 - 09:38 PM

I have now spoken to a very nice lady at royal mail who has prommised to sort out my problem. As my tickets did not arrive in time she said she would refund my rail fair, postage and £5 for it being 2 days late. All i got to do now is fill in a P58 and send off pop and my rail tickets. only thing is she said there is a backlog and would take about 3 to 4 weeks to sort out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users