• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 mrcashpot

mrcashpot

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 212 posts

Posted 01 December 2003 - 11:44 AM

If Psycho Cash Beast sounds could be emulated then Costa Del Cash could I suppose.

Just simply alter the Bank Roller Classic layout slightly by changing the letters on the number trail from: BANKROLLER to COSTA DEL CASH. Note that DEL counts as 1 so there are 10 letters on Costa like Bank Roller. The rules of the rolls for the stacks must surely be the same on both Costa and Bank Roller. You can change the lose squares on BR to storm but that is not important. The cash knockout square is out of the window though. Some of the features seem to be different on Costa compared to BR. There is also a cash matrix on Costa but not BR. But the rest should be fine I think.

Use the Bank Roller program ROMs obviously!
If anyone has Costa Del Cash at home then you could use a microphone positioned to the loudspeaker to make a sound ROM. I think this has already been done so on Psycho Cash Beast. If so then you can use a few of the BR sounds if you cannot get the sound for Sharp Shooter for Costa for example. However, obviously you would use the Costa Del Cash JP tune and not the BR JP tune if you alter what I said above for example.

On Bank Roller classic layout instead of the BR tunes here is what I suggest. However, I really need to know more on Costa but only if it arrives at my club or I buy the machine (when I get sufficient space in my house) I would be able to know for sure what Costa does and what BR does.

JACKPOT Jackpot tune on Costa - Y(E) Viva Espana (the only tune I know on Costa; Barcrest once had JP tunes on their site but they had taken them off, including Costa).
LOSE the tunes for Storm on Costa
SHARP SHOOTER - Costa tunes. If not use BR tunes.
CASH COLLECTOR - Take your Pick on Costa
WIN SPIN - It's 3 of a Kind on Costa
DOUBLE OR NOTHING - you can use BR sound
REEL STEPPA - you can use BR sound
CASH LINK - 3 shot up cash ladder. You can use Costa sound I think. Otherwise use BR sound.
OTHER BR FEATURES - any equalivent use Costa tune. Otherwise use BR sound.
BONUSES - If Costa does not use bonuses on the reels, use BR tunes.
ROLLS - use Costa sounds.
NUDGES IN NORMAL PLAY - use Costa sound. I think Costa can allow random or a turbo gamble. If so then use Costa for those as well.
FEATURE START - use Costa sound.
JUDGE - use Costa sound.
Respin - if Costa does not have Respin then use BR sound.
Gone Bust - sound for Costa storm or whatever - I mean Game Over!
Robber - If Costa has Continue Yes/No then use the sound on Costa. Otherwise, use BR sound of Guilty or Not Guilty and change ROBBER to WANTED BY INTERPOL or whatever suitable.
Bonus Rolls - use Costa sounds when landing on Roll squares.
Account Closed - If Costa does not have this, use BR sound and you can change Account Closed to Leave Resort or whatever.
Prize Run - If Costa has this then use Costa sound. Otherwise use BR.
Skill Stop - If Costa has this then use Costa sound. Otherwise use BR.
HI LO SOUNDS - use Costa quite obviously.
FULL SLIDE (OR 2) - use Costa sound. I suppose that using BR sound is a good one. YES!
The fruits would be exactly the same as BR.
CASH RUN - I think you will have to use the BR sound unless Costa has Prize Run.

I do honestly believe that Costa Del Cash can be literally emulated but I know for sure that it cannot be copied EXACTLY the same as the Costa DX layout. Just use Bank Roller Classic and its program ROMs but use as many Costa Del Cash sounds as possible just as if Barcrest copied BR exactly onto Costa. You can ONLY use a classic layout though!

#2 RB

RB

PISH Artist

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3342 posts

Posted 01 December 2003 - 03:12 PM

In all honesty the psycho cash beast emulation is really more a stiffulation
as it is based on a macromedia shockwave file rather than an emulation of the machines hardware...As a Stiffulation it is very good and a lot of attention has been paid to the sound and play but it is no where as real as the machine itself. I had £116 pound out of it for £6 paid in...I wish this had happened in the real world....

Maybe Russ@ll would consider doing an swf of costa del cash if there was enough people interested...

:twisted:
Cyberpunk:- alienated loner who lives on the edge of society in generally dystopic future where daily life is impacted by rapid technological change, an ubiquitous datasphere of computerized information, and invasive modification of the human body.....Hmmmmm

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#3 RB

RB

PISH Artist

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3342 posts

Posted 02 December 2003 - 12:54 AM

is this what you had in mind??

Attached Files

Cyberpunk:- alienated loner who lives on the edge of society in generally dystopic future where daily life is impacted by rapid technological change, an ubiquitous datasphere of computerized information, and invasive modification of the human body.....Hmmmmm

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#4 RB

RB

PISH Artist

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3342 posts

Posted 02 December 2003 - 01:20 AM

cant do anything about the sounds....to much involved in reprogramming the hex...and i aint that good with a hex editor....

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#5 mrcashpot

mrcashpot

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 212 posts

Posted 08 December 2003 - 10:44 AM

I actually did not mean a DX layout of Costa Del Cash. I actually meant a exact classic layout of the Bank Roller but the layout being renamed to make it more like Costa. The only things that need changing are the letters of the feature trail for example. I have Bank Roller classic layout but the layout is locked so I cannot change the B A N K R O L L E R letters to C O S T A DEL C A S H or replace ROBBER with WANTED (for GUILTY/NOT GUILTY)! If anyone can edit the Bank Roller Classic slightly then that would be great because a BR classic layout is the best you can do I think to emulate Costa! Just forget about the cash matrix for example - you do not have to use the exact Costa board! Only use what is on BR. Treat it as if Bank Roller was called Costa Del Cash then when BR was made! Just select a suitable Costa sound for each feature or what is happening if there is no equilivent to the two machines. Unfortunately, unless I can get onto a Costa machine in real life which is difficult due to obvious reasons regarding membership, I know only ONE tune from it. And that is the JP tune!

If you cannot get Costa Del Cash on, then you can just use the sounds just to listen to. You do not have to play a machine to listen to its sounds you know! Did this site have the Club Pink Panther JP tune before it was released onto MFME? I know it existed one one site but I cannot remember for sure which it was. If it was this one then why not upload the Costa sounds? I would really like some sounds for machines that are not currently being emulated because I use machine emulators not only to get bored of machines in real life but also to listen to tunes that can be addictive as well.

#6 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 December 2003 - 03:36 PM

Is this hybrid being released...... looks cool? 8)

#7 RB

RB

PISH Artist

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3342 posts

Posted 08 December 2003 - 04:23 PM

it looks cool but plays like a lemon.....

Mr cashpot...the problems still arise wether its a classic or a dx...most hybrids use roms that are as "physically" close to the unemulated machine which unfortunately Bankrollers not....might as well use "club tropicana" i can make that fit the wording 2...
As for Jackpot tunes i believe their are several sites hosting them..best do a search in google for "jackpot tunes"... and yep id love some thumping techno JP tunes hammering through me speakers when ever i scored the bigun.... :twisted: :twisted:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#8 Pgamblin

Pgamblin

Old but still not as old as Ady

• Regulars
  • 1382 posts

Posted 08 December 2003 - 04:25 PM

Razor

I dont care that it plays like a lemon gimme a copy....

Come on email it to us or Pm me and i will give you my address...

PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
N/A

#9 RB

RB

PISH Artist

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3342 posts

Posted 08 December 2003 - 08:54 PM

If ya need it that bad...i can let you have the offending thing..
Its unfinished as i couldnt be bothered to do the beach ball reels properly, as i wasnt going to release it..but its 98% complete...playable... :evil:

if you have the roms ill just msn ya the layout and gam files..pm me

RB

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#10 mrcashpot

mrcashpot

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 212 posts

Posted 15 December 2003 - 10:22 AM

I suppose you do not have to do the beach ball pictures really because the beach ball reel spins only - it does not hold or nudge however you can nudge it via test mode - I have done so on Bank Roller. So if you leave the beach ball reel completely blank, beach balls would still be added to the slides I think! I reckon that the beach ball reel might be just the same as the notes reel on BR. But I do not have Costa Del Cash at home or even the space yet!

#11 RB

RB

PISH Artist

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3342 posts

Posted 15 December 2003 - 11:35 AM

being as my email service is screwed...
heres the offending high bred for those that want it...
not a general release as its not finished.....

If you are playing this on 98/me etc you will need to set reel background on the beach balls.

Attached Files

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#12 RB

RB

PISH Artist

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3342 posts

Posted 16 December 2003 - 09:23 AM

well paul (pgamblin) is it a lemon???

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#13 Pgamblin

Pgamblin

Old but still not as old as Ady

• Regulars
  • 1382 posts

Posted 16 December 2003 - 02:26 PM

Nah its ok...

A little work with the lamps and ball reel and it could be good...

Strange layout on the feature board mainly because the rom file has different locations for the layout..

I still like playing it ...

Btw which machine is the rom from ? i wouldnt mind checking out a copy of the original.......
N/A

#14 RB

RB

PISH Artist

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3342 posts

Posted 16 December 2003 - 03:05 PM

Bank roller are the roms used...

Apart from the 14 or so rom features in bank roller that couldnt be used for costa and the cash matrix on costa but non existent in bank roller i might have worked on it...but more important things in hand...

Enjoy anyway...

RB

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users