Ebay & FME

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 DnM

DnM

• New Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 09:59 PM

I've seen a few huge threads on here about ebayers selling emulator compilations, and it seems like we, ebay or the manufacturers can't do much about it.

I've noticed after following links from here that bagga-bargain is no longer registered on ebay, presumably he's had his account closed as he was selling the S16's which we all new weren't allowed... And Temple Of Treasure isn't selling any emu's that i can see.

There's still plenty of other people selling them though, so i have an idea! Posted Image

I'm sure most people on here have ebay accounts, so why not just flood the market?

If everyone on here sold something like 'access to free emulator downloads' for 50p or any small amount then just donated it back to this site and link the buyers to here, that way the guys selling compilations wouldn't have any sales and this site would get extra traffic fom it!

Is it a crazy idea or could it work?

The only downside that i can think of is that we'd probably be swamped with newbie questions.

#2 Daza5056

Daza5056

DAZA = DArienne ZAkowski

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 10:13 PM

I thought the idea of the sellers on eBay was so that people could get most of the games supplied on a disc for a small cost.

I know they are free to download from here - but that would take forever and I am sure that there is some kind of cap to allow only a certain amount of downloads per day. To be honest I would have gladly paid a small fee to be supplied with the games on a disc

#3 mrmystery83

mrmystery83

Ho, Ho, Ho Merry Xmas!

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1098 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 10:22 PM

Possible solution, discs could be sold on here and the money go back into the site? It might take someone a while to make discs to keep up with demand though. They also would probably have to be updated pretty often. Just an idea. You'll always get people putting them on e bay though. Sad fact is i don't think there is a sure fire way of stopping it.
Ey Up!

More vids to be added soon:
www.youtube.com/mrmystery83

"I don't care if the fans rip the shirt from my back. They put it there"

-Elvis

#4 hitthesix

hitthesix

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3382 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 10:29 PM

I've noticed after following links from here that bagga-bargain is no longer registered on ebay, presumably he's had his account closed as he was selling the S16's which we all new weren't allowed... And Temple Of Treasure isn't selling any emu's that i can see.

most probably still selling on ebay under different user names

OVER 4000 FRUIT MACHINES, ARCADE GAMES , PUB GAMES DVD on eBay Fruit Machines, Coin-Operated, Video Games

#5 carlosgee

carlosgee

• Regulars
  • 1005 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 10:53 PM

haha someone hacked into his account "Geo 2007 is a f*****g #@#@#@# ebay, suck my cock" these on his site may have his account closed, nice 1 to whoever did it

#6 mangolio

mangolio

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 11:43 PM

I thought the idea of the sellers on eBay was so that people could get most of the games supplied on a disc for a small cost.

I know they are free to download from here - but that would take forever and I am sure that there is some kind of cap to allow only a certain amount of downloads per day. To be honest I would have gladly paid a small fee to be supplied with the games on a disc

The problem with these sellers is they are racking in the cash by selling other peoples hard work. They even have the cheek to put on the listings that it is all there own work so ebay dont remove the listing. If that aint out of order then I dont know what is!
I used to be schitzophenic but were ok now.
http://www.myspace.com/andysquire

#7 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 01:14 AM

who ever sells discs on ebay to make money out of the authors, is quite frankly scum of the earth. ive just taken out an injuction on somebody placing my golden game on ebay, and then placing my ebay random spinner on ebay - explaining it was `thwm playing the machine`

nothing more than internet stalking. when i can afford it, i will blow templeoffeckingtreasure out of the water and clain ever penny back in compensation, as ofter bein serverd with a cease or deseasy they have refused.

he is -

davidxxxx@blueyonder.co.uk

DAVID HALxxxxxx
xxx GIDLOW LANE
WIGAN, Lancashire xxxxxx
United Kingdom

feel free to give him some stick, as hes a c*nt

#8 DnM

DnM

• New Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 08:39 AM

haha someone hacked into his account "Geo 2007 is a f*****g #@#@#@# ebay, suck my cock" these on his site may have his account closed, nice 1 to whoever did it

HaHa, classic!

It looks like the source of the images have been changed...

I had a look last night and those pics were fine, but i did notice they we're plastered with 'bagga-bargain' so maybe he's changed the location of the pics in photobucket or something???

By the looks of it, he has a beef with ebay and the guy selling the emu's he used to sell, lol.

#9 alfie09

alfie09

untouchable

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 210 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 08:47 AM

nails... the guys obviously taking the piss outa you, this site and every member that has ever released.... why give him stick on msn?...go kick his door thru, staple all HIS hard work and disc's to his forehead then fast track his pc.... swiftly followed by him, out his own fookin bedroom window. know i would, with a sharp steel toe cap to the plumties on the way down his path for good measure...

just an idea if you find your self with a free couple hours this weekend?

or i can do it.... mmmmm think i'll e-bay my services to the highest bidder, even shave his head if u want a little trophy :lol::lol::lol:

#10 Daza5056

Daza5056

DAZA = DArienne ZAkowski

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 08:59 AM

HaHa, classic!

It looks like the source of the images have been changed...

I had a look last night and those pics were fine, but i did notice they we're plastered with 'bagga-bargain' so maybe he's changed the location of the pics in photobucket or something???

By the looks of it, he has a beef with ebay and the guy selling the emu's he used to sell, lol.

Have you thought that Geo might have just copied Bagga's auction description and also the location where the piccys are hosted.
All then Bagga has to do is change the pictures and they are then changed on Geo's listing ---- You find this a lot when people don't think and just copy the entire description with pictures.

#11 Hairy

Hairy

• New Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 11:16 AM

People have been offering PD stuff burnt on disc for years now.
Alot of them claim to only be charging for the time taken to burn the disc and the disc itself.
I purchased my MAME collection from a site offering a burning service, it cost me £15 for 12 DVDs, which I thought was quite reasonable, and I am happy with it.
I will not however buy discs from ebay, or other sellers who are obviously cashing in on the hard work of others, by charging £5 a disc or thereabouts.

It takes a long time to download these things, and some people don't have the time, or just can't be bothered, and will pay these people for a disc.

If however there was a 'burning service' offered on this site, I think it would help the situation.
I only play crane machines now, you can't put your winnings back in.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users