Photo
- - - - -

Another question: What does the Refill Key do?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 websherpa

websherpa

• New Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 04:12 AM

Excuse my ignorance. What does the refill key on a fruit machine (in this case my MayGay 1992 Monopoly Green) do? (Obviously something to do with meters and coins and emptying the machine??) But I'd like to know how the switch works in practice.

Thanks for your help!

#2 stevedude2

stevedude2

• Regulars
  • 1043 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 07:45 AM

Hi Websherpa

The refill switch allows the operator to refill the machine through the coin mech, rather than pull the machine away from the wall in an arcade, open the back door and fill the tubes manually.

On your machine you probably turn the key, insert coins, and it will tell you on the alpha display what coins you are putting in.

On today's machines, the refill menu includes other things like volume control, machine float levels, last win, last bank and game meters.
Watch out! There's a SIG thief about...

#3 websherpa

websherpa

• New Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 01:00 PM

Thank you, excellent, just what I wanted to know. This forum has been great!

I am assuming that the coin levels are then brought up by putting the coins in the coin/token slots at the top of the machine right?

#4 lincs1

lincs1

He Who Dares Wins

• Banned
  • 3803 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 01:14 PM

correct

#5 dangerousdave

dangerousdave

• Regulars
  • 127 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 03:35 PM

You can also dump the hopper with the key, open cash box door, put key in and turn it, press button within cashbox and then one of the main machine buttons usually start or collect.

Another bit of useless info for you.

#6 lincs1

lincs1

He Who Dares Wins

• Banned
  • 3803 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 03:41 PM

You can also dump the hopper with the key, open cash box door, put key in and turn it, press button within cashbox and then one of the main machine buttons usually start or collect.

Another bit of useless info for you.

What does the Refill Key do?

lol

#7 homeslice

homeslice

• New Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 03:47 PM

my mate has one, all he does with it is stick it in the front and it tells you how much money is needed for the machine to be full and start dumping in the cash box.

be carefull because the all the lights go out and some will start sounding the alarm so staff might suss you out

#8 lincs1

lincs1

He Who Dares Wins

• Banned
  • 3803 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 03:56 PM

my mate has one, all he does with it is stick it in the front and it tells you how much money is needed for the machine to be full and start dumping in the cash box.

be carefull because the all the lights go out and some will start sounding the alarm so staff might suss you out

so you have gone round arcades trying this have u?

if u get caught it will be more than an alarm sounding

#9 websherpa

websherpa

• New Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 03:57 PM

The only "Staff" here at this arcade is my spouse, kid, and the occasional house guest, so no worries mates. I live in Canada and have a fruit machine that I am tryign to learn from top to bottom (I repair coin-op as a hobby so it's in my blood to "know" my machines.)

Thanks again all!

#10 homeslice

homeslice

• New Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 09:10 PM

so you have gone round arcades trying this have u?

if u get caught it will be more than an alarm sounding

no i dont go round arcades trying this, im not that sad. i cant even remember the last time i was in an arcade. ive been with him a couple of times out on the piss recently when he's done it.

......and what if i was going around arcades trying this?

#11 jackpot joner

jackpot joner

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 10:14 PM

Hi, newbie here, i know you use the refil key to dump the contents of your hopper, view machine stats. These operations are done used in conjunction with other switches but while the case is closed you can top up the hopper or view the current contents.

Using a refil key is not illegal in arcades but may get you thrown out and/or banned.

Sorry if i have repeated anyone but this is purely my knowledge of the key.

#12 Gazeyre1966

Gazeyre1966

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3001 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 10:41 PM

no i dont go round arcades trying this, im not that sad. i cant even remember the last time i was in an arcade. ive been with him a couple of times out on the piss recently when he's done it.

......and what if i was going around arcades trying this?

SPOT THE NOOB EVERYONE!!!!! ;)

If you get caught you will get your head caved in. Is that a good reason not to do it?
<span style='font-family: Comic Sans MS'><span style='font-size: 12px;'>It's all done in the best possible taste. :bigeyes04:</span></span>

#13 Gazeyre1966

Gazeyre1966

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3001 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 10:46 PM

Hi, newbie here, i know you use the refil key to dump the contents of your hopper, view machine stats. These operations are done used in conjunction with other switches but while the case is closed you can top up the hopper or view the current contents.

Using a refil key is not illegal in arcades but may get you thrown out and/or banned.

Sorry if i have repeated anyone but this is purely my knowledge of the key.

Not sure if it's illegal or not...but common sense sunshine tells you that you will be spending a fortnight eating hospital food if you get caught.

Is it just me or are these people a bit "Hovis thick sliced"?
<span style='font-family: Comic Sans MS'><span style='font-size: 12px;'>It's all done in the best possible taste. :bigeyes04:</span></span>

#14 homeslice

homeslice

• New Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 04:43 PM

SPOT THE NOOB EVERYONE!!!!! ;)

If you get caught you will get your head caved in. Is that a good reason not to do it?

ha ha ha ha!!! caved in by whom exactly???!!! maybe if i was doing it at some gypos travelling fair then maybe, as i've seen that happen for remarkably less things. If i was to get caught doing it at one of the arcades down the seafront where i live then the little maggot with a tash would come over and probably politely ask me to leave, because i would cave HIS head in if he touched me.

#15 VampUK

VampUK

Grumpy sod!

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1829 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 04:51 PM

ha ha ha ha!!! caved in by whom exactly???!!! maybe if i was doing it at some gypos travelling fair then maybe, as i've seen that happen for remarkably less things. If i was to get caught doing it at one of the arcades down the seafront where i live then the little maggot with a tash would come over and probably politely ask me to leave, because i would cave HIS head in if he touched me.

Oh dear, don't get your panties in a bunch.

Posted Image

#16 homeslice

homeslice

• New Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 05:20 PM

Oh dear, don't get your panties in a bunch.

don't worry sweetheart i wont!

#17 Gazeyre1966

Gazeyre1966

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3001 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 05:24 PM

lol...Fair do's but be careful. I do know of people who were cheating, allowed to leave and then had the crap kicked out of them by several people up an alley. It does happen :)

#18 homeslice

homeslice

• New Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 05:39 PM

lol...Fair do's but be careful. I do know of people who were cheating, allowed to leave and then had the crap kicked out of them by several people up an alley. It does happen :)

it all depends on who owns the arcade, if its some blokes like turkish and tommy out of snatch then yeah, you would be in for a beating.

there's no need to tell me to be carefull either, i don't go around messing with the machines with a refill key and i don't intend to either. im content with watching my mate do it.

#19 andymccabe13

andymccabe13

• New Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 01:39 AM

you can also empty a machine with 1 of these as some of you may have figured out not sayin no more tho lol

#20 Guest_robinhood75_*

Guest_robinhood75_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 January 2009 - 02:59 AM

you can also empty a machine with 1 of these as some of you may have figured out not sayin no more tho lol

is that so, your not a friend of Gary are u?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users