- - - - -

Crazy wet weather

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_robinhood75_*

Guest_robinhood75_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 June 2007 - 07:06 AM

Has any one had any crazy downpours. Last night in Gloucester it started raining at 12AM and is still raining now. Thing is its not light rain its bloody poring it down. I had to take two detours on the way home as the road was flooded. They even had to take the flood gates down NR the garage i work at so the water could run into the Severn. I took some pictures of the worst bits.

Attached Files

#2 Liverpool2008

Liverpool2008

I come back every now and then :p

• Regulars
  • 2246 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 09:06 AM

Very Crazy

Floods are Everywere ...

Shame though

the grids are always blocked ..

Thanks to the work men on the roads filling them with CRAP ( Sand, cement )
<a class='bbc_url' href='<a class='bbc_url' href='https://www.facebook...?ref=hl</a></a>

#3 todd1970

todd1970

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 6818 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 12:28 PM

:bigeyes21: Jeezo James that is bad we have been relatively luck up here the weather has been absolutley mingin for June but we havent had much rain about..And who was it that said this was meant to be one of the hottest summers on record.

Its more like October or November outside..suppose we still have July and August to go we will see what that brings :bigeyes06:
Mmmmmm...Sandy ive 'ad her ye know. :)

#4 mrmystery83

mrmystery83

Ho, Ho, Ho Merry Xmas!

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1098 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 07:44 PM

Well it has been one of the wettest June's on record. Some preperation was made but not enough. I don't think anyone was ready for flooding on this scale. There's not a great deal you can do to stop it happening again. Insurers have said the total payout will top 1 billion.
Ey Up!

More vids to be added soon:
www.youtube.com/mrmystery83

"I don't care if the fans rip the shirt from my back. They put it there"

-Elvis

#5 Gazeyre1966

Gazeyre1966

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3001 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 08:51 PM

:bigeyes21: Jeezo James that is bad we have been relatively luck up here the weather has been absolutley mingin for June but we havent had much rain about..And who was it that said this was meant to be one of the hottest summers on record.

Its more like October or November outside..suppose we still have July and August to go we will see what that brings :bigeyes06:

To be fair yesterday (Thursday) it absolutely shafted it down in Ayrshire...No floods though. We've been lucky as it's the worst rain we have seen this month. Still...2 weeks and I'm on holiday. It can rain all it likes until then ;)
<span style='font-family: Comic Sans MS'><span style='font-size: 12px;'>It's all done in the best possible taste. :bigeyes04:</span></span>

#6 eddiec

eddiec

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 214 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 09:17 PM

Could be worse.... ye could all be sweltering with the temps from easter or last summer!

#7 Guest_altharic_*

Guest_altharic_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 June 2007 - 09:31 PM

I blame global warming on passive smoking.

#8 bladefan2

bladefan2

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • Pip
  • 321 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 09:36 PM

it was worst for me - I live in Sheffield, although luckily I live on the high grounds so my home is ok. Travelling around Sheffield is still a nightmare even now !!

Never seen anything like it before in my life !

#9 Guest_altharic_*

Guest_altharic_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 June 2007 - 09:49 PM

it was worst for me - I live in Sheffield

You have my deepest sympathy.

#10 mangolio

mangolio

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 09:53 PM

We have been lucky in Fleetwood/blackpool, it has been pretty much great sunshine the last few days. except yesterday when it rained but it always does on my day off and holidays.
I used to be schitzophenic but were ok now.
http://www.myspace.com/andysquire

#11 bladefan2

bladefan2

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • Pip
  • 321 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 10:20 PM

you have been lucky in fleetwood.

a lot of places I know and been round in Sheffield have been flooded, and the routes I drive home on (the major roads) were completely awash. In fact monday was the worst day - when it rained and rained. It took over 3 hours to get home in the traffic - only one major route out of town and it was completely full of traffic. Some of my work colleagues had to get to Meadowhall from the town centre, and it took them over 5 hours !! It's only a 20 min drive usually !

Prince Charles came by in Sheffield to view one of the worst hit villages in Sheffield - Catcliffe. My mate lives there, but luckily - he's on the high ground there, but he's only got one route out of there.

It really makes you take a step back and realise how lucky you are - just a few feet near the river - and your house is ruined. A few feet the other way, and your house is safe. It's that simple.

#12 Gazeyre1966

Gazeyre1966

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3001 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 10:28 PM

I blame global warming on passive smoking.

Don't you English be so passive....Riot in the streets, kick arse!!! Let Gordon Brown know that it's not acceptable......AYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

If the English reject it then I'll bet everyone else starts rejecting it. It's not illegal, so why can't we smoke?
<span style='font-family: Comic Sans MS'><span style='font-size: 12px;'>It's all done in the best possible taste. :bigeyes04:</span></span>

#13 mrmystery83

mrmystery83

Ho, Ho, Ho Merry Xmas!

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1098 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 02:04 PM

If this keeps up much longer we'll need a Gondola to get down the high street! It's absolutely ridiculous weather for the time of year. No wonder tourism is down according to what i've read. Would you come back to get rained on for a fortnight?

But i know we've had it a lot easier than some people have. Let's hope the places affected by flooding get the help and support they need to rebuild their lives.
Ey Up!

More vids to be added soon:
www.youtube.com/mrmystery83

"I don't care if the fans rip the shirt from my back. They put it there"

-Elvis

#14 Daza5056

Daza5056

DAZA = DArienne ZAkowski

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 10:26 AM

These are the views I could see around the area of Meadowhall...

Look at the traffic lights in the 1st picture, that will give you an idea how flooded the road was -- the river is usually the left side of the road lights and has a 12 foot wall from the road to the river.

And as for the 2nd picture - look it's a car (somewhere)

Attached Files

#15 jamesb99_1999

jamesb99_1999

Designed Layabout

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2176 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 10:29 AM

You're all wet Daza!
J<br /><br /><br /><br />A man

#16 Daza5056

Daza5056

DAZA = DArienne ZAkowski

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 10:32 AM

You're all wet Daza!

Yes, especially my T-shirt .....and it's damn cold !!!

:bigeyes20: :bigeyes20: :bigeyes20: :bigeyes20: :bigeyes20: :bigeyes20: :bigeyes20: :bigeyes20: :bigeyes20: :bigeyes20:

#17 stanmarsh14

stanmarsh14

Sado-masochist

• Gold Supporters
  • 3120 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 10:52 AM

Dam, looks like those pic's are quite close to the Entertainment center / Hallam FM arena. The arena itself got hit at all?

Just hope me ex boss / mate in Hillsbough is ok, but then again looks like he's gonna be busy soon as he's self employed selling in flooring.

#18 todd1970

todd1970

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 6818 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 10:55 AM

Yes, especially my T-shirt .....and it's damn cold !!!

:bigeyes20: :bigeyes20: :bigeyes20: :bigeyes20: :bigeyes20: :bigeyes20: :bigeyes20: :bigeyes20: :bigeyes20: :bigeyes20:

Prove it then :bigeyes05: :bigeyes05: :bigeyes05:
Mmmmmm...Sandy ive 'ad her ye know. :)

#19 Daza5056

Daza5056

DAZA = DArienne ZAkowski

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 11:46 AM

Dam, looks like those pic's are quite close to the Entertainment center / Hallam FM arena. The arena itself got hit at all?

Nope - the Arena was being used as a tempory shelter for people effected by the flood, it didn't quite get that hight up --- Below is another picture to show you how much the flood water rose on the road just below the arena (Brightside Lane - it runs along side the Steelworks that lead to M'Hall)
Also the Meadowhall Centre was under 5 feet of water and was closed down for a week --- Now it is back open but there are still 150+ shops on the lower floor that are still closed due to losing all their stock.
When you drive past the delivery lanes you can see skip after skip of stock thrown away

Just hope me ex boss / mate in Hillsbough is ok, but then again looks like he's gonna be busy soon as he's self employed selling in flooring.

Well there are plenty already in Hillsborough - my friend Steve owns the largest one in Hillsborough (RIVERSIDE FLOORING) so he's got a lot to compete with

Attached Files

#20 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 01:26 PM

When you drive past the delivery lanes you can see skip after skip of stock thrown away

No arcades near there are there?, grab the roms from the dumped machines if you can, dry them out well before use though. Great thing about electronics is generally as long as it is not switched on whilst wet, you can normally dry it out. Corrosion can be a bitch though.

Project Amber 2 - Coming Soon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users