Reg's Content

There have been 710 items by Reg (Search limited from 30-April 14)

Sort by                Order  

#292168 Introduce yourself

Posted by Reg on 01 November 2016 - 07:23 AM in Any Topic Chat

Hello...

...as the reset button has been pushed and the world is a happy place worth saying I have been involved with FME for longer then most and I used to run a FME layout review site, several times actually. Back then the scene had its moments.

Had not done FME for a long while and used to rarely check in here. I saw the MFME release thread so came back often to check and then followed it.

This account existed so I could log into the forums with no history or political baggage. The old account I only got re-activated to see if there was anything from Mort about Club Bullion sound roms that I have since sent him.

Released a batch of layouts and tried to aim for the things people would not be going for - eg - althougn I had The Simpsons I am not going to steal other peoples thunder or for example Club Bullion that I know Mort wants to do.

#310214 Introduce yourself

Posted by Reg on 29 October 2017 - 08:05 PM in Any Topic Chat

Old user, new username.

Did a few layouts under the username Mark8664 many, many years ago. Randomly bought a fruit machine off fleabay a few weeks ago and had (mostly) good memories of the FME scene.

Great to see Chris as main developer of the emulator (thanks for the confusing version number - 5's the latest, wtf!)

Paid my £20 for the year and just bought a flash drive to whizz off to Geddy. Not sure how active I'll be because I'm changing jobs next month but I'll be looking to knock a couple of layouts out before Christmas if I can find my old stash of artwork on an external drive somewhere. :)

Great to see plenty of the old usernames still kicking around, can't believe it's been 15 years since that original Manchester meet up!

Fixed for you !

#333030 Introduce yourself

Posted by Reg on 07 May 2021 - 07:20 PM in Any Topic Chat

I'd like to join DIF but I think I need to talk to Reg privately due to a human error on my part when trying to sign up in the past

Your account of Sarah_Ratt has been approved, as before the error is you've not read the FAQ or introduced yourself in the New Member area.

Everything is in yours hands and out of mine.

#292438 Introduce yourself

Posted by Reg on 02 November 2016 - 08:14 PM in Any Topic Chat

Bring back DIF.

In the a book of bad ideas - this rates as one of them...

...the world of FME has been reset, not err, opening the doors to a cesspool of a site with a review who only complained...

...I mean think of the hassle...

- Games have to be reviewed.

- Layouts have to be played.

- Designers have to be upset.

- Software has to be brought.

- I have to remain champion at Blast Billards!

...no, but I wonder about "Reg's 'Honest' Reviews"... LOL

#306376 Layout DIY fixes

Posted by Reg on 14 July 2017 - 07:16 PM in General FME Discussion

Thanks to the original authors...

http://www.desertisl...86-pot-of-gold/

http://www.desertisl...87-golden-goal/

#306328 Layout DIY fixes

Posted by Reg on 13 July 2017 - 06:00 AM in General FME Discussion

This is a conversion I have done from JPEMU, is Ross around and is it ok to post this at some point ?

GoldenGoals.png

#311255 Layout DIY fixes

Posted by Reg on 19 November 2017 - 10:01 PM in General FME Discussion

No, it's a layout from about 10 years ago that I did some work on to make it a little more life-life for my cabinet.

#311261 Layout DIY fixes

Posted by Reg on 19 November 2017 - 10:26 PM in General FME Discussion

They're not out for my cabinet - but it's clear by the release comments that shortcuts are going to need adjusting - esp for laptop users with number locks. 

This was released as I could and I was fixing it up for myself - just figured I'd share it.

For my cabinet, what I do is I use 2, 3 and 4 for the main holds as they're more centrally aligned.  Club machines use all four correctly and also some machines have two buttons to the left of the holds, so using 2, 3 and 4 also fixes that.

Below are my assignments.

Buttons.png

NOTE: The left C should be a `.

#305345 Layout DIY fixes

Posted by Reg on 21 June 2017 - 08:11 PM in General FME Discussion

Here's another JPEMU to MFME Conversion, Pot Of Gold by ???

This was a pain in the backside to convert  :realmad:  Apart from the usual stuff, the band needed offsetting, opto tabs needed to be set to 1 (thanks Dad for the error codes http://www.fruit-emu...pm-error-codes/) For some reason also, it wouldn't accept coins, kept on giving an alarm 1.8 and 1.1. About to give up, but trying the dips, it seemed switching dip 1 on and off, stopped the alarm and dip 2 also. Switches them both on then off and it suddenly worked lol.

Thank you for this, and also to Wizard for the fixes for Jackpot Gems.

So I took this and made a couple of changes - layouts of old don't look always the best, but can we fix them - yes we can...

Pot.png

- Darken the Background by going into properites of the background on the background, editing it and clicking apply.

- Design Lamp Mask / Export - Extract the background for the off images.

- Design DX Lamp Creator - Min Pix Diff 1 / Max On Pixel 5 - Click ReMask images, now have transparnt lamps - watch the trail, that is fixed on the left.

- Remove the win line from the number reel.

- Update the alpha.

- Apply an Omni Mask to all lamps.

Now the old style lamping does not seem so harsh.

#311247 Layout DIY fixes

Posted by Reg on 19 November 2017 - 08:19 PM in General FME Discussion

This might be considered a layout fix, depending on your point of view...

Big Brother_4.jpg

http://www.desertisl...08-big-brother/

#306350 Layout DIY fixes

Posted by Reg on 13 July 2017 - 08:40 PM in General FME Discussion

Of course - I'll have them on DIF at by the weekend for you - about time I uploaded something there again ! :)

#304243 Layout DIY fixes

Posted by Reg on 29 May 2017 - 07:57 PM in General FME Discussion

Can someone take a look at this layout from Dad easy money, sorted the reels out but there's no sounds

There was for me - is your volume turned down too low ?

#299137 Layout DIY fixes

Posted by Reg on 15 January 2017 - 06:22 PM in General FME Discussion

I had this in my MPU5 folder, until I was going through looking at all the scorpion 4 layouts.

This does not bode well with sorting your GAME MANGER - go and check EVERYTHING again...

#299133 Layout DIY fixes

Posted by Reg on 15 January 2017 - 06:12 PM in General FME Discussion

Finally some that have issues, I haven't solved, possibly easy and possibly impossible a la Tetris.

Hot Property - Unable to get into door close mode and payout

Jack The Kipper - Unchecked both hoppers as it's meant to be that way, however this has a garbled alpha.

Juicy Jackpots - Garbled alpha

Lord Of The Rings - The Two Towers,  should have both hoppers unchecked, Meters set to in sec 2*1, out sec 3*1, I can't get the coin mech to be clickable with the mouse, tried clearing all of screen comps, but no luck.

Nudge It - Alpha goes garbled sometimes, just doesn't look right

Pac Man Plus - Unable to get into door close mode and payout

Return Of The Count - Garbled alpha.

The first one I looked at randomly had the WRONG ALPHA to begin with.

I believe Return of the Count uses BFM Dot Marix Alpha.  Don't be so quick to blame the emulators Alpha here where the original layout maybe wrong.

ReturnoftheCount.png

#304190 Layout DIY fixes

Posted by Reg on 28 May 2017 - 10:01 AM in General FME Discussion

Lol not loaded that one up for a while, one of my early DXs, it's so small and cute :D

Just think, once that was a high resolution for the tech we used to use !

#299144 Layout DIY fixes

Posted by Reg on 15 January 2017 - 07:01 PM in General FME Discussion

And red hot x please, mine error 93.

Thanks.

Before posting requests like this, can I ask is it possible you can post what you tried to fix this ?

WaC is stepping up and doing a great job trying to get a lot of this legacy stuff running himself which is a huge thankless task.

He's got to a lot of trouble posting what he has done, so do have a go yourself to fix things.

I am not having a go here, it's not really my place to say this, I just see WaC doing a lot of work himself here and the answers are probably in this thread.

Peace out...

#304217 Layout DIY fixes

Posted by Reg on 29 May 2017 - 10:09 AM in General FME Discussion

This is a one off from me. If anyone wants to make other layouts clickable, look to download/open another classic or dx of the machine, which has button assignments.

Is this not a service you would be happy to do ?

We send you via PM our layouts and you convert them and send them back ?

:bigeyes14:

#304226 Layout DIY fixes

Posted by Reg on 29 May 2017 - 01:31 PM in General FME Discussion

Go into Edit mode and drag the bottom of screen down, they are there just hidden below the visible area.

Untitled.png

#304221 Layout DIY fixes

Posted by Reg on 29 May 2017 - 11:16 AM in General FME Discussion

If the buttons are not off screen, we've seen this a few times and they have also been hidden behind graphics.

To check this, turn off the background, Right Click on Background / Background Visible and remove the checkbox.

If you see a large logo or something like that, check behind it, you may find buttons there as well.

#308597 Video Based Bpak Files

Posted by Reg on 12 September 2017 - 09:51 PM in Real Fruit Machines

So I don't think they did It's Amazing on a BPAK image ?

Can you post a picture of your machine so we can help please ?

#331760 My Alzheimer's News

Posted by Reg on 21 May 2020 - 08:29 PM in Any Topic Chat

What a lovely tribute.

Daryl, you are a stronger man then you will ever know.   When I lost my mum I could never had done something so close to ground zero and wish I had - it would have just completely broken me.

I hope that she is looking down on you proud of you and thank you for sharing something so important to you like this with us.

bri365 nailed it with his words.

Take care buddy.

#331582 My Alzheimer's News

Posted by Reg on 11 May 2020 - 07:57 PM in Any Topic Chat

I won't add words xxx

attachicon.gif IMG_20200511_113819025_MP.jpg

Thoughts are with you. x

#331393 My Alzheimer's News

Posted by Reg on 27 April 2020 - 02:05 PM in Any Topic Chat

Daryl - I am so sorry - I really am.

There is no real words here for you and your stepsister as well as your dear mum.

The world is shit enough without this for you - take care and please look after yourself.

#331408 My Alzheimer's News

Posted by Reg on 28 April 2020 - 11:46 AM in Any Topic Chat

Hi Daryl - again I am so sorry.

I actually want to "Like" your post but have not for it would be taken the wrong way.  My reason for it is the lovely tribute that you've shared for your dear mum here and it's really touching - in much the same way we see other things that trigger emotions. 

I am proud that you feel you are able to share something so important as this here and know regardless of what site, what battles are going on you have reminded us all that we are all human and that it is okay to support each other and share in times of utter sadness.

I've liked Chasbon's post instread as he has some great words there and without retyping what he has said, if there is anything I can do then drop me a note.

The only thing I can share that might be of use - although everybody is different.

When I lost my mum, it took me a long while to get over it and the grief to be replaced.  What eventually did replace it was acceptance as what had happened which eventually consumed the grief and allowed me to deal with it.  It still breaks me - don't get me wrong - but having acceptance over time that took the place of grief really does help.  Never try to hurry emotions - let them come out when they need to, if you want to shout - scream or whatever - do it.  It's a release.

Most importantly take good care of yourself and thank you for sharing your lovely tribute to your mum.

My thoughts are with you, your family and my hopes are that you find a way through this and look after your good self.

#318107 Has it been emulated?

Posted by Reg on 21 May 2018 - 08:31 PM in Any Topic Chat

anyone know if holy moley or ho lo silver by red are in the pipeline please? my fave machines ever esp. hi lo.

Coming soon...

http://www.desertisl...nt&comment=8349