khards2's Content

There have been 8 items by khards2 (Search limited from 27-April 14)

Sort by                Order  

#334023 Bgt Mini Wild Cherry Problems

Posted by khards2 on 31 March 2024 - 08:10 PM in Real Fruit Machines

Hi @khards2

I am looking at my Wild Cherry too. I think there may be an easier way than using a microcontroller. Some questions you might be able to answer.

1 Do you have a tech doc for the Azkoyen L6?

2 I tried shorting ground to pin 4 to simulate a coin and it showed 5p but couldn't get any otheres to work.

3 What do you mean by monitoring the inhibit line? I just assume this was the inhibit line for all coins so grounding this would accept everything.

This is the pin diagram I was looking at, it's not the L6, tried to find one similar.

https://e-service.co...Techmanual.pdf 

Apologies, I don't come here often! Please drop me an email or facebook "keith hards at outlook com" 

You will need some logic as the original mech and later mech use more than one line for signalling. You can't map them 1 to 1! I found using a micocontroller easiest due to my background working with them. You may find logic gate IC's easier. 

If you are able to program a 3.5 mech with a parrallel output then you won't need any logic between the two. I didn't have access to a Azkoyn programmer

#333903 Bgt Mini Wild Cherry Problems

Posted by khards2 on 17 July 2023 - 10:02 AM in Real Fruit Machines

Oh yes, still on pre-steel coinage unfortunately.. Anyone know how to retrofit a replacement mech for a Azkoyen L6 at all, or at an outside chance, know of someone able to update such a mech?

I'm going through this processs with mine now.

I have bought a newer X6 mech and am wiring it up to an Arduino microcontroller. I have this at a point where the new mech is acception coins and I can see which coin is inserted on my pc debug console.

The next step that I'll have a crack at this evening is sending the correct coin signals from the arduino to the machine, then it's all good. All I need to do (I think) is send a couple pulses down the correct coin signal lines whise monitoring the inhibit line. 

There is no direct mech replacement, __unlesss__ you can find someone who will program the coins to the correct pins. I tried euro coin, but missed the call from the engineer who was then on holiday so ended up with a regular X6 programmed mech.

On my wild cherry, the graphics say it accepts £2 coins, but none of the signal lines are for £2. I guess it's because I have a slightly older version of software in mine? 1.9 or something (I need to check). I am planning on pulsing the 50p line 4 times to simulate a £2 coin via 50p's being put into it. I can't do the £1 line as it would end up with the wrong hopper count.

It would be nice to connect a note reader up to the serial port on the arduino, but I have no idea what not readers are easy to interface to. Quite a number of years ago when I worked for Cromptons I wrote quite a bit of code that interfaced to CCtalk mechs and hoppers. Note readers weren't a things for us back in 2005!

I did have a crazy idea about making a board that intercepts the mech, display and hopper, then in theory I could halve the value of the coin in and payouts to increase the jackpot of the machine. That would me a heafty amount of work though then the graphics would beed upading too. I don't have the time for that at the moment. I would prefer to do that on something like a Las Vegas Six, £1 play £50 jackpot.

In summary: [X6 -> Arduuino -> BGT]

#333884 Azkoyen L6 info (Mech for BGT mini wild cherry)

Posted by khards2 on 17 April 2023 - 03:28 PM in Real Fruit Machines

Just for reference on this issue, in case anyone else wan'ts to replace the mech in a BGT Mini machine.

I got hold of a data analyser and connected it up over the weekend and run some coins through the old mech.

The results of this are here: https://drive.google...Ems-dDq-E/view (I couldn't work out how to upload the image, perhaps someone else could do that?)

Theory of how the L6 Mech works:

There are 3 (perhaps 4) output channels from the mech and the inhibit input signal. On this mech it's pins 3,4,5.

The Inhibit signal (pin 6) is usually held high.

Once a coin is inserted the machine pulls a signal is sent to the machine on 1 or more pins (different from the usual mech). For eaxample 5p is sent on pin 3 only, whilst 10p is pins 3+4. It uses multiple channels per coin! This seems to be a thing with Azkoyen mechs as I have gotten hold of an X6 mech which is similar, but different channels!

In response to the validator sending the machine a coin signal on 1 or more of the pins, the mech pulls the inhibit signal low, this is to tell the mech to accept the coin. 

The mech now sends a longer pulse on 1 or more pins to tell the machine that the coin was accepted correctly.

1, Mech validates coin and sends a low singal on 1 or more pins

2, Machine responds on the inhibit pin (6)

3, Mech accepts gate opens and a longer pulse is sent to credit the machine.

So, where does this leave me?

I have to rig up an Arduino with a ULN2803A to interface between the newer X6 (or any mech) and the machine.

I'll post back when I make some progress. Due to the differing coin channels it's not possible to rewire the X6 or another mech to interface to the Wild Cherry.

Hope this info helps someone else.

#333766 Azkoyen L6 info (Mech for BGT mini wild cherry)

Posted by khards2 on 16 January 2023 - 02:24 PM in Real Fruit Machines

Hi,

I have picked up a working BGT Wild Cherry and would like to update the mech onto new coins as it's taking old pound coins.

I tried Eurocoin services who are unable to program it.

I can't find a manual or any docs as it's pre-internet 1997. I guess it can be replaced with a more modern Azkoyen D4S as it's the same footprint and connector, but not certain the pinout is 100%.

Does anyone here have any info ion the L6? Just a pinout would rellay help, if not I guess I'll have to get the multimeter and scope out.

Would be good to hear from anyone else swho has upgraded a mech in one of these BGT mini's too.

Regards,

Keith.

#332900 JPM Fright Night?

Posted by khards2 on 26 February 2021 - 08:40 AM in General FME Discussion

Your post is a bit confusing, but I think, you appear to be talking about 3 machines.

You say about JPM Fright Night. The only machine I can see called Fright Night is by Empire, unless you mean Fight Night, which is a Maygay machine, based around Boxing.

Then you say about a Pinball themed JPM machine, special flipper button. I think it's the attached picture of that machine, but it's not emulated.

Then you show a flyer for Nite Club.

Nite Club, has a layout for it.

https://www.fruit-em...-nite-club-wdx/

I had never seen one of those Pinball Wizard machines, is that by Ace?

#332880 JPM Fright Night?

Posted by khards2 on 08 February 2021 - 09:07 AM in General FME Discussion

Thanks, I pinched the wrong image from ebay :-)

I have only ever seen one in the flesh, so I guess the roms are missing and unlikely to be found?

#332868 JPM Fright Night?

Posted by khards2 on 01 February 2021 - 01:38 PM in General FME Discussion

Did anyone ever make a layout for JPM's Fright Night?

I spent years trying to recall what machine this was, then it just came to me this week. I recall it was a pinball themes JPM with a special flipper button.

They had it in a chip shop in St.Austell,m Cornwall around 1990 I guess.

There was a flyer on ebay last week, but that listing has now ended. I guess roms would also need to be dug up for this one?

s-l300.jpg

#302881 Wanted £25 Space Raiders decals & roms (MPU5)

Posted by khards2 on 24 April 2017 - 01:48 PM in WANTED

Hi,

I am looking for a set of £25 decals for Space raiders & a program card.

Have thought about print out from the DX and downloading the roms, but would rather have originals.