whufclee's Content

There have been 8 items by whufclee (Search limited from 01-May 14)

Sort by                Order  

#244891 Itbox Emu

Posted by whufclee on 22 December 2012 - 12:31 PM in General FME Discussion

Just another update for you guys... I've installed everything on my touchscreen win7 setup and all is working fairly nice (bar a couple of simpletouchfe issues), however I just tried to install the same package on another Win7 setup and I'm getting errors, there must be some dependencies I've forgot about. Well either that or it's a gfx card issue so more testing needed before I can upload to the masses. If I don't speak to you before then Happy Christmas, hope you all have a very drunken one playing on your machines.

#241971 Itbox Emu

Posted by whufclee on 20 October 2012 - 04:50 AM in General FME Discussion

Oh man real life sucks, it gets in the way of all my little projects :-(

Well I've got to build a PC for someone over the next couple of weeks so what I'm planning on doing is working out what games work with sonar for non-touchscreen units and I'll also do a simpletouch thing for that. I noticed you can get an extra 500MB allowance with dropbox everytime someone signs up via a referral link so that could be an option for sharing with you guys.

If anyone wants to help out the cause and improve my dropbox allowance then please follow this link as I'm currently only on 3gb (we need about 16gb) http://db.tt/ez45WWCC

@rorysean: Where in Essex are you? That's where I am so I may be able to copy it onto a HDD for you.

#240210 Itbox Emu

Posted by whufclee on 18 September 2012 - 08:08 PM in General FME Discussion

Ok people I'm now done testing and am going to add the games to a SimpletouchFE menu, the games are sorted into:

Card Games
General Quiz
Music
Picture
Skill
Sport
TV Show / Movie
Word Games

I've deleted the duplicates and just kept the ones which work best on my Win7 setup. The non-working ones I have in a folder with descriptions of any known errors - these can be further investigated at a later date. I think I'm missing a few from Cliffs Repo, I had a HDD failure last year and some files were corrupted - it wasn't many but I think there were a handful of games so is there a full list somewhere as Cliffs Repo still appears to be down?

Now the big question is this... What's going to be the best way of sharing these files with you? I could setup an ftp server but my upload speeds are pretty poor and it would kill my network (the package is ~15GB and that's excluding the "non-working" titles) so any suggestions?

#239646 Introduce yourself

Posted by whufclee on 07 September 2012 - 06:22 PM in Any Topic Chat

Well thought I may as well introduce myself on here too. Never really been much of a fruit machine nut myself, I was getting very addicted to them in my youth so went cold turkey when I was about 14 so I could spend more money on beer and football... well that was over 20 years ago and now my liver is wishing I'd just stuck to fruit machines!

Anyway I got lots of help when browsing the forum on here a year or so ago when making my first arcade cab with touchscreen and I wanted to add the pub quiz games... thought it was about time I gave something back to the community so I'm going to see if I can help out in any way. Currently testing all of the SWP games and will post the compatibility results up as soon as I'm finished, might even look into sticking something up on a server with all the correct configurations. Once that's done I think it's about time I added fruit machine emulation to my new arcade unit so where do I start guys and gals? Briefly looked into it a year or so ago but got very confused so I think I'll just start from scratch.

BTW, thanks go to everyone that's posted useful info on this forum - you've all made my life so much easier, the missus is addicted to those pub quiz games so I get plenty of peace and quiet :D

#239363 Itbox Emu

Posted by whufclee on 31 August 2012 - 11:58 AM in General FME Discussion

Ok here goes, I think this is everything that I've installed to make the games work. Goodwin894 can you try installing these things and let me know whether or not it's working for you? There are a couple of other packages not included in that link but I'm fairly certain they're for my 3d monitor and they are also quite large so didn't include them. If it's still not working I'll upload those files too.

#239360 Itbox Emu

Posted by whufclee on 31 August 2012 - 10:55 AM in General FME Discussion

hi whufclee are u going to put what emu you used for which game and how did u get raiders of the lost quiz working as it keeps crashing for me and i have windows 7

Sorry mate, unexpectedly got called away and had to look after the old man and take him to hospital for the past week or so. Not sure if I'll have time to do anything until next week now but I'm thinking maybe I could setup an FTP server once I have simpletouch configured with all the correct files and then in theory so long as you use the same directory structure it would just be a case of copying over to your build. My bandwidth here is rubbish so does anyone know of somewhere I could host the files?

Anyway back on track, I just had a look at the Raiders Of The Lost Quiz and I've enabled "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings" in properties and using ITBox Server (the original one). I've also installed some codecs and other stuff - I'll try and work out exactly what's installed and give you a list once I have time, I suppose a better idea would be to just upload the extra software/codecs? Ok if I have time later on I'll upload the stuff to mediafire for you but if I don't have time it might have to wait until next week now as I'll be away the next few days again.

#238531 Itbox Emu

Posted by whufclee on 14 August 2012 - 08:52 PM in General FME Discussion

I can confirm all those are also working for me on Win7 (touchscreen, not sonar). Well I say all of those but I don't think I've managed to get Italian Job working yet - I believe it looked like it was going to work and then crashed in game but I'll double check that tomorrow.

Catchphrase is the only one so far that I've needed to run the dual ITBox/Indie server thing on - it adds credit on startup whereas the other emus don't seem to add anything on that one.

Like I say I'll post up the results soon but a lot of them I've had to tick the "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings" in the properties to get them to display properly on my monitor which is running at 120hz 1980x1080.

#238473 Itbox Emu

Posted by whufclee on 13 August 2012 - 03:42 PM in General FME Discussion

Hi guys, sorry it's been a very long time since I've been on here (ill health, work... blah blah blah). Anyway I just wanted to say a massive thanks for all your contributions - reading the posts in this thread has been a massive help in the past week. I made an arcade cab 2 years ago with a touchscreen and had most of the games from Cliffs Repo working fine but I've since given that to a mate and am now making a new setup as the missus needs her WordUp fix!

So far I'm making my way through all the new games giving them a proper testing so once I've done all those I'll do a post listing what's working and what tweaks were needed. I'm about halfway through testing (Win7 x64 with touchscreen and NVidia gfx card) and so far about 3/4 of them are working so happy days :D