chasnbons's Content

There have been 1000 items by chasnbons (Search limited from 30-April 14)

Sort by                Order  

#330515 What is the current status of Fruit Emu?

Posted by chasnbons on 29 February 2020 - 07:14 PM in Site News

I wouldn’t say the voted moderators aren’t good enough chasnbons
They simply have no powers to keep the site updated.

It’s NOT the fault of the mods this failure lies to the captain of this sinking ship

If that's what I'd said then you'd have the right to pull me up on it.

As it is, it ISN'T what I said!

I was talking about how little ALEX thought of the Mods, as in he NEVER allowed any of them full control on the site, even if just in case of an emergency.

In future please either read what I post properly or don't bother commenting!

Totally agree bud, and one of the reasons I finished as a moderator here - he wasn't willing for us to do more than just moderate - and that isn't good enough on a site like this once was back then.

As I've said, I hardly do the forums now, just pop in and wish someone I might know Happy Birthday etc... I am a member at DIF - I perhaps better pop over more often now then, because I've noticed only too sadly, how this place is slowly being crushed into the ground - tragic really, considering how great the site once was back in the days.

Totally agree, and it's nice to see that some people can see what I was saying and not twist things.

#330513 Banned From DIF

Posted by chasnbons on 29 February 2020 - 07:06 PM in Other Emulation Discussion

One post, which tbh comes across just as rude as you are, still no please or thank you!

This is somewhere I won't be signing up to.

#330506 What is the current status of Fruit Emu?

Posted by chasnbons on 29 February 2020 - 01:04 PM in Site News

Hi Daryl

It's quite obvious that now more than ever he doesn't give a sh1t, if he ever really did at all.

To me he just wanted the glory of "saving" the site when he bought it and he revelled in the fact that he was in charge. Proven in the fact that apart from Pete and although there was the fiasco of voting for moderators, none of them were ever either good or trusted enough to have control in case of emergencies.

Over the years he's owned it, the place has gradually got worse and worse.

Suggestions have been made and they have always fallen on deaf ears.

He's only ever been interested in how he looks to other people and money (even before he owned the site) a job lot of special machine locks springs to mind, but that's another story.

Suffice to say, barring a miracle or him selling, imho this place will die (as it has been doing) a slow and painful death, especially as there's another go to place now. A site with an owner who cares about both the scene AND site members.

That place being DIF.

RIP FE

#330470 Banned From DIF

Posted by chasnbons on 28 February 2020 - 05:41 PM in Other Emulation Discussion

Erm, you don't, you're banned!!

Lmfao

#330159 Birthday in the house

Posted by chasnbons on 31 January 2020 - 06:49 PM in Any Topic Chat

Happy birthday mate

#330153 Triple 777 No Signal Error

Posted by chasnbons on 31 January 2020 - 01:46 PM in Real Fruit Machine help and technical support

http://www.desertislandfruits.com

#330149 Triple 777 No Signal Error

Posted by chasnbons on 30 January 2020 - 07:03 PM in Real Fruit Machine help and technical support

Just had a look at the video and it looks exactly like the problem spa had which is documented over at DIF, if you're a member there.

It was his gfx card that was shot.

#330143 Triple 777 No Signal Error

Posted by chasnbons on 30 January 2020 - 12:23 PM in Real Fruit Machine help and technical support

That's usually the case lol.

Mine was fine when I turned it off the night before.

Flick the switch the following morning.... dead as a dodo, but that's what happens with PC's sadly.

160 mile round trip and wallet 180 quid lighter and all was well again.

#330140 Triple 777 No Signal Error

Posted by chasnbons on 29 January 2020 - 07:33 PM in Real Fruit Machine help and technical support

I had something similar with mine.

The motherboard had gone and taken the PC's power supply with it.

Is the high pitched noise coming from the PC?

Is the PC's reset light showing as constant red or flashing red?

Do you get the beep from the PC as it's booting up?

As much info as possible, maybe a video of it booting, will make it easier for people to help.

Mines reset light was constant red, and I also had the same flashing red light on my monitor same as yours.

#329983 Old joke (it made me giggle)

Posted by chasnbons on 06 January 2020 - 08:24 PM in Any Topic Chat

I know he doesn't come here often, but Alex does not like policitcal posts / threads.

Alex also doesn't like doing what needs doing, where this site is concerned, but that doesn't seem to matter!

#329963 Happy New Year

Posted by chasnbons on 05 January 2020 - 07:41 PM in Any Topic Chat

Happy New Year to everyone at fruit-emu. Hopefully a year when this site gets the kick up it's backside it needs.

Don't hold your breath mate.

With BB having "special" permissions, there is only one way I can't see this place going and it So isn't uphill.

#329886 {mpu2}Who Wants To Be A Legionairre

Posted by chasnbons on 01 January 2020 - 07:58 AM in MPU2

No, Alex allowed him. BB messaged me to say he hidden it as it was a layout of dubious history and until it was clear it wasn't meme3 releasing shite under a pseudo account that was the correct action. It is still unclear and the layout stays hidden.

Well that says everything.

He can reply to him, but not to the rest of the membership re their questions and concerns.

Cracking leadership there 🤬

#329873 {mpu2}Who Wants To Be A Legionairre

Posted by chasnbons on 31 December 2019 - 06:34 AM in MPU2

Layout hiding was approved by me as I was unable to get to computer to check it myself.

Am I reading this right....

You allowed him of all people, access to controlling what others can see?

#329319 gold member

Posted by chasnbons on 21 November 2019 - 07:23 AM in Any Topic Chat

1st post in all that time too.

I smell a new dvd being available on Ebay just in time for Christmas!

#329156 Thinking of building my own

Posted by chasnbons on 08 November 2019 - 12:41 PM in Cabinet Building

Coin comparator.

#329080 Fruits u sir

Posted by chasnbons on 04 November 2019 - 06:16 PM in General FME Discussion

This was the first machine I owned.

Sadly before I knew about these sites, so I didn't take pics of it.

#329071 Enhanced Rio note acceptor

Posted by chasnbons on 04 November 2019 - 07:31 AM in Real Fruit Machine help and technical support

Yeah I know mate.

Note to self, stop trying to help!

#329054 Enhanced Rio note acceptor

Posted by chasnbons on 03 November 2019 - 08:00 AM in Real Fruit Machine help and technical support

Way to go.
Ask a question.
Get a reply.
Read reply.
Don't acknowledge reply.
Get no help in the future.

#329035 Enhanced Rio note acceptor

Posted by chasnbons on 31 October 2019 - 07:31 AM in Real Fruit Machine help and technical support

You can't.

I tried (with the help of Maggi and espares) for weeks, I was eventually told that there would have to be a change to the program and that would never happen.

This is one of the reasons I sold mine.

#328910 Unable to lock main door and coin mech / hopper help.

Posted by chasnbons on 26 October 2019 - 11:59 AM in Real Fruit Machine help and technical support

All I ever needed to do with mine was push down on the door whilst moving the slide across.

#328902 Happy birthday stardust/daryl

Posted by chasnbons on 26 October 2019 - 06:30 AM in Any Topic Chat

Happy birthday mate x

#328746 {ELECTROCOIN}Random Gold £70 DX

Posted by chasnbons on 15 October 2019 - 01:13 PM in Electrocoin

Can't see why this should be locked, but anyway...

I have to ask why you feel the need to keep repeating that you have a mental illness, as though this could be construed as some excuse?

There are many many people who suffer from this and manage to live life without ramming it down others throats (no pun intended) and for the greater part, you would have no idea that there is anything wrong.

No matter how dark things get, some soldier on as best they can. They have good days, bad days and days where they feel they simply can't carry on!

Even when family friends know about it, they are never fully aware of what's going on. Only the sufferer is fully of what's happening inside their head.

Mental illness is one of those conditions that for the most part, hides in the shadows, always there, but hardly having the nerve to show itself.

People try to hide it, disguise it and simply deny it, but that doesn't mean it's not there.

It can seem so trivial and be the worst thing you can imagine all at the same time and can literally kill without warning.

You may think it's fine to try and use it as an excuse but I don't. I find the very fact that you seem to be doing this, to be the most offensive part of this entire thread and this is the reason I felt compelled to post.

If you're afflicted with this torture then I feel sorry for you, but please don't try to use it as a reason.

If you think I seem to have an affinity with mental illness, you'd be right, I've been trying to deal with it for years, sometimes successfully, sometimes not, but I have never once used it as an excuse.

Some might say that's why I'm a cnut, sorry you'd be wrong. I was just as big a cnut before I suffered from it!

#328479 Hopper not filling ..router plug

Posted by chasnbons on 30 September 2019 - 06:13 AM in Real Fruit Machines

Has it ever worked?

If so,try dumping the hopper and DON'T press hopper top up button afterwards.

See if quids then go to hopper.

#328349 What's going on with DIF? Please explain?

Posted by chasnbons on 24 September 2019 - 07:06 AM in General FME Discussion

Wow, seriously, so he goes to his local arcade and gets free hot drinks, may lightning strike him down.
Hope you are proud of the character take down here, hes totally blind and cant even see the layouts ffs.

J

Sorry I'm just saying what I think and pointing out the flaws in his reply.

I have nothing against the guy personally as I don't know him but I won't treat him any differently to anyone else based on his health problems.

He can manage to get here and download stuff and in turn play games albeit in his own way.

If he can manage that then surely he can read other posts regarding site news etc?

People read these sorts of posts as they are genuinely interested in the site and want to know what's going on.

If you don't do the above then imho you are only here for selfish reasons.

I'm not posting all this to incite arguments or to purposely upset him, but because it's my genuine opinion and all I'm doing is voicing it.

It is all based purely on the fact that he has tried to get round download limits and has bugger all to do with disabilities.

Sorry if you don't like what I'm saying, but I won't be changing how I feel about it just to fit in with the "majority"

#328341 What's going on with DIF? Please explain?

Posted by chasnbons on 23 September 2019 - 08:36 PM in General FME Discussion

OK guys I understand all this now and it will all get sorted once my housing issues are sorted I promise. Daryl I feel for you and understand your needs too and I wasn't stating that I wanted to be treated any differently, it's just that I had no idea about the limits that Reg set up. I also know most of you guys send me modified machines that have been set on almost low volume. The speech to text cannot identify back door, cash door and refill door and mouse access is weird with this blind software stuff. Please take this into account. I do care for FME and will donate to both sites when all finances are dealt with on the housing side. Thanks to FME, I have stopped going to the local quite often, I just pop there for free coffeees and hot chocolates (our little secret)! Haha. This is why I like to see what machines are available and forgot all about limits lol :) like I said I didn't know that Reg set up limits but I did know about this site. Does Dadsfme.com have limits too? Many thanks for all help and for those who thought were offending me please appologise, but for those cutting me some slack thanks very much I'm glad you understand me, in fact, slight correction: Totally blind since birth, epeleptic and mild aspergers. This is why I may also be abrupt.

Like I already said, I'm sorry you have so many problems, but I have to treat you like I would anyone else.

So I have to point out the things in your post that trouble me.

Have you been having housing issues for the past 6 years, as that's how long you've been here and not donated?

You say that you were unaware of the download limits Reg put in place, but he'd already told you about them and you'd said you understood, but then asked if he would send it to you anyway.

Do you only read release threads? As there are some very interesting threads on DIF, one in particular springs to mind regarding the download limits;)

Are you trying to get extra downloads from Dads, just wondering seeing as you ask about limits on there?

I haven't "cut you some slack" and I won't be apologising as I understand you completely, your comment regarding freebies from your local confirms that for me.

I fortunately don't have aspergers but that doesn't stop me from being abrupt.

I think you tried it on, and got called out on it! End of.